Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Half of Michigan Republicans are planning on not getting the Covid vaccine

Default Re: Half of Michigan Republicans are planning on not getting the Covid vaccine

If Trump had been smart, he would have had all his oompah loompahs buying MAGA masks for $25 a piece.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Default Re: Half of Michigan Republicans are planning on not getting the Covid vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    If Trump had been smart . . .
    If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine this afternoon. While I was filling out the paperwork at the pharmacy window a non-mask-wearing idiot purchased something at the register there and then called me a “sheeple” as he left.

Jeff C

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine this afternoon. While I was filling out the paperwork at the pharmacy window a non-mask-wearing idiot purchased something at the register there and then called me a “sheeple” as he left.

Jeff C
    That kind of behavior is really unfortunate. Haven’t seen that in our town but mask use is down amongst 30 somethings but seems higher amongst the old folks at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Then they'll hasten the flipping of the Michigan state house, eh? Skewing the death rates means skewing the voter behaviour.

At least, one would think.
    And if they don't die, wait'll they see their hospital bill! Oh, snap!
    Last edited by Bob (oh, THAT Bob); 03-05-2021 at 02:42 AM.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    When this tinfoil-hat special first came up I got curious and did some research.
    The chip (as basic a piece of kit as you can find) that is injected into pets is between 1.2 or 2 mm in diameter. So if you see the nurse waving about a needle of 1/16th inch or more diameter leave the room immediately.
    Sent a while doing regular visits to the Brides of Dracula aka phlebotomy dept. for them to take blood samples - needle well in excess of a sixteenth - does this mean I have been filled up with chips.

On a different topic - with a death rate of only about 1% of cases and only half of the R voters refusing the vaccine one would expect only around a 0.5% swing in poll results. This may not be enough.
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

You'd think these deniers would've by now seen the virus victims recovering from the stint in the ICU and on the ventilator, or the surviving members of their families, pleading with their cohort to take it seriously.

Half a million non-sheeple dead.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

I encourage all believers in QAnon to stoutly resist vaccination and not to wear a mask in public.

Of course, this is on the basis that since the disease is all fake news they will not accept treatment should they develop those imaginary symptoms.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    I encourage all believers in QAnon to stoutly resist vaccination and not to wear a mask in public.

Of course, this is on the basis that since the disease is all fake news they will not accept treatment should they develop those imaginary symptoms.
    They'll be the first to start demanding medical treatment while denying it. As soon as they get it, they'll complain about it.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I just cannot wrap my head around this. Do they think it is unsafe, do they believe that tracker chip nonsense, or is it a political stand? Either way, I got my first shot (Moderna, regrettably) and I get my second in a month. Both my parents (90 years old) have gotten both their Pfizer shots with no ill effects. I guess you just can't help some people...
    I don't think it's really about thinking or taking a stand. It's more about overwhelming peer pressure. If *everyone* around you is shouting at you not to take that shot. it's very hard to go against it. And if they are shouting loudly and violently enough, you won't notice there are only a few of them, while the rest is awfully quiet. Sure, some are political motivated and/or plain stupid, but a lot of people are simply being bullied into not taking the vaccine. (I think)

just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    Who will they blame when they get covid?
    Obama
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    If Trump had been smart, he would have had all his oompah loompahs buying MAGA masks for $25 a piece.
    His hotel tripled room rates for any of his supporters who might have shown up for the 4th.

Seems to me about 70% of Republicans have been taken in by Trump, leaving 30% who are upset with this happening.

The only way they can change this, IMO, is to VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS IN EVERY ELECTION. That will act like a vaccine for the party.

Let me be mean: I hope they suffer dire consequences.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Just had a young female/RN in; learned she 'still isn't sure' about the Vax. Works in ICU, lots of positives as pts. 'Needs to do some research'.

We had a nice talk about that.
    I've three medical professionals in my immediate family, all say, "get the jab, get the jab, get the jab".

While NZ has a historically high vaccination rate for the likes of MMR, Tetanus and so on we do have a small percentage of anti vaccination people, and there is a quiet, non confrontational but very persistent education program being run by the Dept of Health to improve that.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

One of my pt's in yesterday had his mask on haphaz - and only because we require it, in order to be seen. And so, of course, I quizzed him. "It's not real. The vaccine isn't safe. Even Fauci says that masks don't help'. You know - the usual litany. And of course - as I do on the internet when somebody is wrong - I refuted each and every comment. Asked 'where'd you get your info'? 'Same place as you do, doc'. 'I don't think so!'

And I pointed out - 1) Fauci never said masks don't work and 2) his comments, over a year ago (which this yahoo is spouting) were to conserve masks for front-line providers. Doesn't understand or doesn't GAD that 'science changes with new info'. There are, simply, simple folk with an agenda and for whom facts are optional.

Told him I was gonna miss him!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

hey Doc: GAD: give a damn or generalized anxiety disorder?
    Elect a clown expect a circus