Thread: A Funny Thing Happen on the Way Home

Default A Funny Thing Happen on the Way Home

tire.jpg

Well it would have been funny if it wasn't Me.

This is on a Magnum SRT/8, I really hated the 22" wheels on it so I get to buy both wheels and tires. I don't think it's fixable and even if it is I won't and I won't buy $350.00 tires for wheels I don't like. I do like buying good wheels and tires and have been planning to change the wheels back to 20s like they should be. The stock tires were 305/35 R20 and why someone would change it I don't know.

Default Re: A Funny Thing Happen on the Way Home

Ouch!

Tires with profiles that low would last maybe a day around here before the rims were bent to s***. I won't run anything lower than 55 profile.

Then the stoopid costs for large diameter/low profile tires. Last year I bought a 4 18" summers - $800. 15" - same brand were $280 for 4.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Heck of a way to save a busted plier that you 'might be able to fix up' - my nephews used to chew up the rear tires on my BIL's car, at $500 each, until he took the keys away . . .

...my nephews used to chew up the rear tires on my BIL's car, at $500 each, until he took the keys away . . .
    There's a kid in the neighborhood who has some hot v-eight, who spent at least five solid minutes yesterday afternoon, burning his rear tires off doing donuts and leaving the tell-tale heavy black rings on the middle of the boulevard that leads into the neighborhood. I watched one kid do it in front of me, some time ago as I was on my way to the grocery store. I've seen the rings. The kids must know that the cops can't catch them. I conclude the kids are the cop's.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

i once got a nail in a tire; but the weird thing was the head was on the inside with the pointy end sticking out. Never figured that out.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

...Also not figured out: I had a box-cutter (Stanley knife) blade puncture a front tyre a few years ago. It must have been lying flat on the tarmac, but I found it embedded vertically into the tyre.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

back tyre?...Blade lying flat on the road, front goes over it and it flips up , straight in to the rear tyre. Had it with a flat sheet metal licence plate that i just went over thinking there's not a load of point in swerving to miss it.. wrong . it flipped up and cut the side wall of the rear tyre like a knife slash. not even reparable.

oh just read front tyre. Maybe it lay flat on the road for sure but your front tyre picked it up and the next couple of revolutions caused it to reorient . or maybe it wasn't flat on the road as we assume....
    Bilious, choleric, sanguine and phlegmatic

Storing the pliers in a toolbox seems cheaper...

Jeff C

I had just fitted new tyres to the front of my landrover, drove into town , 6 inch nail through tyre, not repairable ouch. That cost.

Once out on the road I dodged a piece of exhaust pipe in the road.. only a back wheel hit it.. 2inch hole punched through tyre, effectively explosive decompression at 50mph on a bend. That was interesting... Luckily I didn't hit any thing and was able to pull over off road to change the wheel in a field entrance.. that didn't cost..company car..
    Just an amateur bodging away..