Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small (rowboat-sized) Boat Toilets?

Default Re: Small (rowboat-sized) Boat Toilets?

I've been trying out one of these Cleanwaste toilets. Mostly just a way of holding wag bags but at least it folds up to store out of the way for the remaining 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day or just close the lid and it doubles as a table.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Climbing “poop tube”? Fashion your own seat to use? Here’s a commercial product
    https://www.metoliusclimbing.com/waste_case.html

Quote Originally Posted by stromborg View Post

I've been trying out one of these Cleanwaste toilets. Mostly just a way of holding wag bags but at least it folds up to store out of the way for the remaining 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day or just close the lid and it doubles as a table.
    That does not look at all sturdy to me, or I might have considered it more seriously when I started looking around. How wobbly/insecure do you find it? It does seem to pack small. The base might be too large for my narrow boat without a flat sole to set it up on, though.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

I was pleasantly surprised how sturdy it is. Being a 3-legged stool might help in your boat, I have a nice flat spot for it.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post

Heck, my cats get a bigger litterbox than that. Two of them, actually (though admittedly not as brightly colored).

Tom
    Cats are not noted for being that careful. I betting you could hit that thing in the dark unless maybe you had the "Texas Blowsh!ts" (medical term)

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Ben,

thanks--exactly what I was thinking. I believe the sleeping platform is 12" above the keelson, so the bucket may store there if I need it to. But I think forward is a likelier place for it. I appreciate knowing the dimensions; I think that should mean I can set my blue cushion on the keelson just forward of the sternsheets, and put the bucket on the cushion during use.

Tom
    One of the nice things about the bucket with cover, is that it is real sturdy so you can sit/ kneel on it. Something I didn't fully realize. I also found that sitting the bucket just aft of the center seat was useful for those of us that are not as steady as we once were or that need to drop trou without standing for discretion sake. Sit on thwart, work trou down and slide on to bucket. Do business, clean up back on to thwart to work trou up.
    Ben Fuller
    Ran Tan, Liten Kuhling, Tipsy, Tippy, Josef W., Merry Mouth, Imp, Macavity, Look Far, Flash and a quiver of other 'yaks.
    "Bound fast is boatless man."

hey Tom

found this pic of something to ponder in your quest

it shows how the iquid and solid wastes can be separated

it is knot necessarily THE answer butt at least one option to ponder since the liquid is more odiferous in the scheme of things

Attachment 79606

BON CHANCE

sw
    "we are the people, our parents warned us about" (jb)

steve

Regardless of the solution you choose, separating the urine from the solid waste makes a *big* difference in terms of odor. A scoop of sawdust or peat moss on each poop to cover and dry it out and a simple urinal bottle (his and hers or unisex as needed) is very easy.
    Matthew Long
    Bolger fan (Brick, Yellow Leaf, June Bug, Tortoise and half a Teal)
    Dreaming of a small cruiser from Atkin, Bolger, Buehler or Parker
    www.cluttonfred.info (I also like homebuilt airplanes!)

Once upon a time I built a motor-well into my dory. Then, my grandson came up with the Idea that it could also be used as a toilet.

;-)

Toilet 2.jpg

Toilet 1.jpg

Self-flushing!

Only for emergency-use. Not allowed due to environmental-protection-laws
    Hay mas tiempo que vida!