Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biden vs. God

Default Re: Biden vs. God

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    This is on a level with O'Bama's tan suit!
    Jimmy Carter's blue jeans.

woodpiles stench.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    But Biden had all those patriots chased off the capital steps so he could pose there with his hand on a bible.
    That wasn't a real bible, otherwise his hand would have burst into flames
    Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
    Wonder what God thought after he signed the executive order mandating masks on federal property and he didn't wear one when in the Lincoln memorial, perhaps, do as i say not what I do, good start.
    Biden's been vaccinated eh?
    And Im sure he maintained his safe distance, or were you infected by him via fox news?

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Biden's been vaccinated eh?
    And Im sure he maintained his safe distance, or were you infected by him via fox news?
    Actually, someone who is vaccinated can spread the virus, but won't get sick. It's like picking something up and handing it to someone else even though it does not get a foothold in you. At least, that's what I heard.

Look if you believe in God, great. And if that God is all powerful and you believe that Biden is going to hurt that God, well then the only choice any of us should want for POTUS would be Joe Biden.

I mean if our POTUS can hurt the all powerful God, then I want the cat that can take that God out. It would mean that we wouldn't have to fear anyone or anything. What was that WWII saying or some such: If God be for us, who can be against us? Ipso facto, Joe's da man.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    No, I'm saying that he made a mistake and gave the knee-jerks looking for something to complain about an excuse to complain. He probably won't make that mistake again.

I'm also saying that your attempt to make something out of nothing is transparent.
    "C'mon, give me a break man"

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Wonder what God thought after he signed the executive order mandating masks on federal property and he didn't wear one when in the Lincoln memorial, perhaps, do as i say not what I do, good start.
    THE LNCOLN MEMORIAL was outside and not enclosed in a small space like say an airplane. He, I bet followed the 6' rule though. Read what the CDC says about masks and being outside woodchip.

And whaddabout the windmills? Don Quixote running rampant is a hell of a threat

edit: Which, has anyone seen The True Don Quixote with Tim Blake Nelson (the Ballad of Buster Scruggs)?
    I liked it!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6863222/
    Last edited by Canoeyawl; 01-22-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Thus begins four years of picking fly sh*t out of pepper and whining about it
    Elect a clown expect a circus

How does all this 'let us pray' work out as separation of church and state? I've no trouble with the president having faith, but as the president for all the people, isn't religion a private matter? Not a matter of state?

Money & religion - out of politics!

Lagspiller, I agree. And I take my own faith pretty seriously.

I am very uncomfortable with all of the religious language and etc. in public political life - there's some of it here in Canada, but a lot more of it in the USA. Precisely because there are millions of people who have a different approach to religion than I, but who are all to be represented by whoever is in the duly elected leadership in a Constitutional Democracy.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

It is bizarre how Trump supporters had no problem with Trumps idiotic statement about Biden. They are so conditioned to value grotesque rhetoric over truth that when he says something totally nonsensical regarding their god they accept it. Sure, Biden is going to hurt God. He’s going to grab her by the pussy because when you’re the president you can do anything you want.

God and guns. What a caricature he presented.

Quote Originally Posted by lagspiller View Post
    How does all this 'let us pray' work out as separation of church and state? I've no trouble with the president having faith, but as the president for all the people, isn't religion a private matter? Not a matter of state?

Money & religion - out of politics!
    We have a little bit of divine right in our politics and military.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Thus begins four years of picking fly sh*t out of pepper and whining about it
    Two days and I'm tired of it already. I have no pity left for these people.

I started off with absolutely 'no pity' for those yahoos - and since inauguration, I have even less. FTB's.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

So you're saying after an "executive order" was signed by the POTUS if "It's a controlled space, they are maintaining adequate separation, it looks like he is being respectful of the health of others.", it's ok to violate that order? you call that leading by example?
    You’re absolutely right. Presidents should be accountable for breaking rules.

What would the right punishment be for President Biden?

When President Trump’s trial for inciting insurrection begins in the Senate, and if he is tried for financial crimes in New York, Im sure you’ll be here calling for justice. Five deaths for which President Trump is responsible, according to the Republican leaders in the Senate and House, McConnell and McCarthy.

What would the right punishment be for President Trump?