Thread: saddle stool

Default saddle stool

Due to back issues I need to sit as much as I stand in the shop.I 'm looking for a height adjustable,stable, rolling stool. I've been looking at saddle stools and they seem like just the thing.Have you used one like this?

51xkwbsKUGL._AC_AA180_.jpg

Default Re: saddle stool

I have no back issues, I tried one in my office and for sitting at a desk it wasn't what I expected.
    I couldn't find the correct sitting position for working on the PC etc., but it's probably better for working in a shop ( different working positions).

Willy, just be careful what stool you purchase is 'stable' - I once had one toss me to the ground on a raised computer room floor as I scooted across it..

Rick

the design might allow your posterior to slide off the back when trying to roll backwards

this is not a good scenario

specially in a shop environment where there are all kinds of heavy cornered items for your head to bang into

larger diameter wheels and a seat covering that hangs onto your butt are strongly suggested

no need to ask how i know

sw
    "we are the people, our parents warned us about" (jb)

steve

My barber has one with a bicycle seat. He's into bikes deep.

I would THINK ( no experience) that a tractor seat might be better.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

I agree with Kevin here

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by cathouse willy View Post
    Due to back issues I need to sit as much as I stand in the shop.I 'm looking for a height adjustable,stable, rolling stool. I've been looking at saddle stools and they seem like just the thing.Have you used one like this?

51xkwbsKUGL._AC_AA180_.jpg

I've never used, but I have a friend who used one a few years ago as an office/desk chair. She loved it. Good for the old posture.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Herself had back problems when she was writing a book— long hours sitting. She bought a Salli saddle chair.

It helped somewhat, but she missed having back support. (Looking at their website, I see that they do offer back support.)
    I use it at my workbench for restoring fountain pens. It's not bad, but I'd not be happy sitting in it all day.

https://salliusa.com/

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs."

umm... made for kilt wearers...
    Just an amateur bodging away..