Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,260 of 1429

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

The headline when I opened my computer yesterday read 'Trump demands that Arizona name Kari Lake governor', and it just screamed 'insanity' to me. Either he is really and truly insane, or he is a megalomaniac the equal to Mussolini? When he first started this running for president deal I told my wife that he was just having a laugh. That he was just doing it to make money somehow, and that he never really had a chance to win. But then the idiotic Democrats decided to run the most disliked person in America at the time, and he got in.

I will never forget the look on Jeb Bush's face in one of the debates when Trump started his name calling and brow beating, like 'is this guy serious?'. Now, all these years later, I still ask, are all of these people who support this guy serious? Really? Friends and neighbors I grew up with? Went to school with? Worked with forever?

It really is very disheartening.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

People said it at the time, and some still believe it, but it wasn't Hillary being the D's candidate that let trmp occupy our White House.

Okay, a factor that helped the opposition and helped obscure the intereference, but not the the primary cause.

Trump's has the best antisemitic dinner guest.

Trump’s Latest Dinner Guest: Nick Fuentes, White Supremacist

The former president’s table for four at Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday also included Kanye West, whose antisemitic statements have made him an entertainment-industry outcast.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/25/u...es-dinner.html
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

..but it wasn't Hillary being the D's candidate that let trmp occupy our White House.
    True Blues refuse to acknowledge just how much Reds _and_ left leaning independents despise HRC. they can love 'their gal' all they want, she is capitalist/militaristic carp. as is all too common, dems threw away an all but guaranteed win - and blame someone else.

What, you'd have preferred Bernie lost the populr vote in '16, and not merely the electoral college?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

America sure gives fascist nutcases an awful lot of publicity! I look forward to Trump being forgotten all about.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

I realize that southwest Alabama isn’t exactly fairly representative of all of America, but I heard ‘I wouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton if she was running against ————-‘, and you can just fill in the rest however you like. I was very much under the impression that she lost the election rather than Trump winning it.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I realize that southwest Alabama isn’t exactly fairly representative of all of America, but I heard ‘I wouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton if she was running against ————-‘, and you can just fill in the rest however you like. I was very much under the impression that she lost the election rather than Trump winning it.

Mickey Lake
    IMO, it was less HRC herself than the arrogance of the DNC & their ignoring rural voters. In addition, the Reps had done a masterful job of character assassination. Heck, in the 60's she would've had to run as a Rep!.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Kanye West is a messed-up celebrity artist. I can understand Trump having lunch with him. Nick Fuentes is far, far worse, about as close to a genuine Nazi as we get these days.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Kanye's messed up enough that it sounds like he brought Fuentes as his "plus one" to Thanksgiving dinner. It's remotely possible that Trump didn't know 'till he arrived.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

That whole thing is just jaw-dropping.
    Trump's connection to mainstream GOP has become so tenuous that he's filling the void with the likes of Kanye.
    He's fallen so far that Kanye (on the advice of campaign manager Fuentes) actually pops the VP question to trump.
    When confronted with this evidence of his decline, trump's dramatic response draws enough attention to the table that people actually figure out who's who.
    And as the feces hits the fan, he can't renounce Fuentes without losing support of the right flank that makes his entire candidacy feasible.

All because his staff either can't be bothered to screen his dinner guests, or can't see past the horizon at the end of their noses.
    (I mean.... of course trump is familiar with fuentes, but even if we let trump have that one for free he still absolutely knows Kanye's deal)

...and the fact that Fuentes spent the dinner bashing Stephen Miller's speech is just delicious.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    The headline when I opened my computer yesterday read 'Trump demands that Arizona name Kari Lake governor', and it just screamed 'insanity' to me. Either he is really and truly insane, or he is a megalomaniac the equal to Mussolini? When he first started this running for president deal I told my wife that he was just having a laugh. That he was just doing it to make money somehow, and that he never really had a chance to win. But then the idiotic Democrats decided to run the most disliked person in America at the time, and he got in.

I will never forget the look on Jeb Bush's face in one of the debates when Trump started his name calling and brow beating, like 'is this guy serious?'. Now, all these years later, I still ask, are all of these people who support this guy serious? Really? Friends and neighbors I grew up with? Went to school with? Worked with forever?

It really is very disheartening.

Mickey Lake
    Didn’t he say he wanted Lake “installed”?

Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) on Trump:

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) measured the depths of Donald Trump’s audacity after the former president met with antisemitic rapper Ye and Holocaust-denying white nationalist Nick Fuentes at Mar-a-Lago.

“I think it has been clear that there’s no bottom to the degree to which President Trump will degrade himself and the nation,” Romney told reporters on Monday after calling Trump’s meeting with the two figures “disgusting.”

Asked if Trump should apologize, Romney replied: “He never sees anything wrong in anything he does.”

“This is characteristic of his approach, which is either say it was a joke or say he didn’t know what was happening, but that doesn’t fly,” Romney continued, according to CBS affiliate KUTV. “Obviously, this is something which degrades him, frankly, to do what he’s done. And it’s something which diminishes the country as well. It’s very unfortunate.”

Romney, who voted twice to oust Trump from the White House during impeachment proceedings, blasted the ex-president’s 2024 campaign.

“I voted to remove him from office twice … I don’t think he should be president of the United States,” Romney said, per NBC News’ Sahil Kapur. “I don’t think he should be the nominee of our party in 2024. And I certainly don’t want him hanging over our party like a gargoyle ... It’s a character issue.

https://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-b...150151208.html
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Yes it’s a character issue, the Republican Party is friendly with some characters.

The toaster is warming up………. at this stage, burnt orange i’d say!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Ahhh McConnel opines

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-nick-fuentes/

“There is no room in the Republican Party for antisemitism or white supremacy,” McConnell told reporters. “And anyone meeting with people advocating that point of view, in my judgment, are highly unlikely to ever be elected president of the United States.”
    McCarthy falsely claimed that Trump condemned Fuentes’s rhetoric four times; the former president has not.
    Last edited by LeeG; 11-30-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    That whole thing is just jaw-dropping.
    Trump's connection to mainstream GOP has become so tenuous that he's filling the void with the likes of Kanye.
    He's fallen so far that Kanye (on the advice of campaign manager Fuentes) actually pops the VP question to trump.
    When confronted with this evidence of his decline, trump's dramatic response draws enough attention to the table that people actually figure out who's who.
    And as the feces hits the fan, he can't renounce Fuentes without losing support of the right flank that makes his entire candidacy feasible.

All because his staff either can't be bothered to screen his dinner guests, or can't see past the horizon at the end of their noses.
    (I mean.... of course trump is familiar with fuentes, but even if we let trump have that one for free he still absolutely knows Kanye's deal)

...and the fact that Fuentes spent the dinner bashing Stephen Miller's speech is just delicious.
    Did you ever sit and wonder who arranged this dinner? Someone did. Who? What were their motives?

I really don't think that T**** is smart enough to know if he's got a fox in the hen house.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Passive voice is doing a lot of work there.

Wouldn't want any potential Rep voter to imagine that McConnell himself might take any positive steps to help ensure that such a "highly unlikely" event becomes next to impossible.

Or betray any feelings McConnell may have about whether it's a good or a bad thing that as it turns out, he's wrong about that first bit. That antisemitism and white supremacy actually have found a bit of "room" within the party, wearing faces like MTG's, Gosar's, Biggs', etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Did you ever sit and wonder who arranged this dinner? Someone did. Who? What were their motives?

Trump trolled by Yiannopoulos?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ntes-rcna59010

Yiannopoulos told NBC News that he was “the architect” of the plan to have Fuentes travel with Ye in the hopes of slipping him into the dinner with Trump.
    Last edited by Dave Lesser; 11-30-2022 at 11:10 AM.
    One of the great things about this forum is that we don't all have to accumulate the same scar tissue.
    AJ Zimm

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Passive voice is doing a lot of work there.

Wouldn't want any potential Rep voter to imagine that McConnell himself might take any positive steps to help ensure that such a "highly unlikely" event becomes next to impossible.

Or betray any feelings McConnell may have about whether it's a good or a bad thing that as it turns out, he's wrong about that first bit. That antisemitism and white supremacy actually have found a bit of "room" within the party, wearing faces like MTG's, Gosar's, Biggs', etc..
    A reporter immediately asked mitch; does this mean that if trump were to achieve the nomination you would not support him for president? Mitch considered the question for a solid five seconds before coming to his senses and retreating to a repeat of the original soundbite.

TFG who is now known as Toast seeks someone to provide adult supervision, again. Correction, his immediate enablers seek an adult in the room. Again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-di...EddO6qy-K-NcCS

In an acknowledgment of the severity of the backlash and an effort to prevent a repeat, Trump's campaign is putting new protocols in place to ensure that those who meet with him are approved and fully vetted, according to people familiar with the plans who requested anonymity to share internal strategy. The changes will include expediting a system, borrowed from Trump’s White House, in which a senior campaign official will be present with him at all times, according to one of the people.

The decision follows the anger and handwringing from people close to Trump over how the former president became embroiled in scandal just two weeks after launching his third campaign for the White House under the cloud of numerous investigations. And it highlights their concerns about Trump's vulnerability as GOP strategists and officials increasingly conclude that new leadership is the party's best hope for winning in future elections.

Once you jump the shark there's not much left to do besides a bigger jump over a bigger shark. Who's left for Toast to share his cheese burgers and fries with?
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Why is it so hard to say, "He did wrong"?

And once you say that, why so hard to say, "He should apologize"?

What kind of example does it set?
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

During Garland's press conference today, someone asked if the J6 committee had handed over all their testimony and documents to the DoJ. Garland said no and they are working on that.
    WHF??? Why in the world is the J6 committee holding this stuff back?
    Are they playing some political game? You would think they'd be handing this stuff to the DoJ on a silver platter
    to help put Trump behind bars.
    What's the deal?
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    TFG who is now known as Toast seeks someone to provide adult supervision, again. Correction, his immediate enablers seek an adult in the room. Again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-di...EddO6qy-K-NcCS
    The problem with that strategy is that only someone who's about as off as last week's crab bait would want to meet with him. Maybe that's the point though - have no one meet him at all.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    During Garland's press conference today, someone asked if the J6 committee had handed over all their testimony and documents to the DoJ. Garland said no and they are working on that....
    What's the deal?
    IIRC the process is that at the conclusion of its hearings and deliberations the committee makes a formal recommendation to the DOJ. Handing over testimony piecemeal prior to that conclusion could quite reasonably be viewed as inappropriate leaking of information which could taint the DOJ's subsequent efforts.

and, also, yeah it's a political process... they aren't going to make that move sooner than required unless it buys them something in return.

Justice delayed is justice denied, I get that, but a methodical deliberate process leaves fewer opportunities for loopholes or technicalities to be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    During Garland's press conference today, someone asked if the J6 committee had handed over all their testimony and documents to the DoJ. Garland said no and they are working on that.
    WHF??? Why in the world is the J6 committee holding this stuff back?
    Are they playing some political game? You would think they'd be handing this stuff to the DoJ on a silver platter
    to help put Trump behind bars.
    What's the deal?
    If you or I withold evidence of crime, we risk criminal liability ourselves.

What political advantage to the House could possibly outweigh the DOJ's need to know?
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lesser View Post
    Cui bono?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    If you or I withold evidence of crime, we risk criminal liability ourselves.

What political advantage to the House could possibly outweigh the DOJ's need to know?
    What Figment posted. The report the committee has mentioned publicly is going to a very weighty tome, thousands of pages. Annotated witness testimony and evidence, etc. I would think they'd want it all aggregated and compiled before submitting a much shorter report to the DoJ as a start, but it's all going into the official congressional record, as thoroughly and completely as possible. I think everyone expects that at some future point, some party on trmp's side of things is apt to allege that the Congressional or DoJ process was tainted by prejudice or somehow not an accurate representation or some other fatuous bullsqaut tendered to get trmp some kind of advantage or leverage in future negotiations with prosecutors and judges and appeals courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    What Figment posted. The report the committee has mentioned publicly is going to a very weighty tome, thousands of pages. Annotated witness testimony and evidence, etc. I would think they'd want it all aggregated and compiled before submitting a much shorter report to the DoJ as a start, but it's all going into the official congressional record, as thoroughly and completely as possible. I think everyone expects that at some future point, some party on trmp's side of things is apt to allege that the Congressional or DoJ process was tainted by prejudice or somehow not an accurate representation or some other fatuous bullsqaut tendered to get trmp some kind of advantage or leverage in future negotiations with prosecutors and judges and appeals courts.
    But what difference does it make if the House gives it to the DOJ first? One runs oneself ragged in vain trying to pre-empt the fatuous bullsquat. Do your utmost, and take cover from the eruption that is certain to come.

Congress has a different mandate than the DoJ. They're not done until they're done enough to satisfy that mandate. Of course in this case the DoJ has to also do their due diligence (and take their sweet time, apparently) and not just crib from the Congressional record. Same subject, same story and same details, but different processes and outcomes, not exclusive. For as much as I want to see that POS get his due and the American public get real justice, and because of all the obviously necessary handwringing over it's being unprecedented blah blah blah, I want his prosecution, and to include all his complicit cohort, to be just as thorough and complete and bullet-proof as possible, even if it takes seemingly forever.

I just hope he's behind bars or in the ground before I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    . . . even if it takes seemingly forever. .
    It is taking waaaaaay toooooooo long !!

McCarthy is screaming bloody murder that Thompson preserve all documents and records for when the GOP takes over, claiming that the J6 committee will only release the details they want released and hide anything else that doesn't support their report.
    He's afraid that Thompson will turn everything over to the Democratic Senate whose own committee could shield the evidence from being flushed down the toilet by McCarthy.
    I hope Thompson does just that. Play hardball with that POS.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

with you 100%, Rich.