Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23323334 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,155 of 1429

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

The good news is that the GOP will probably self-destruct, kinda spectacularly, now. The bad news is that this could take the US closer to civil war. Another Trump presidency would be intolerable. De Santis might even be worse.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

I’m sure somewhere in this long thread it has already been pointed out that if he believes he won the last election and is the legitimate President, how can he run for a third term?

No Ron, your the first to come up with that one!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Great. US politics becomes all about Trump, again, for at least another two years. SNAFU.
    I'd like to think the private press could act responsibly and in the intersts of the country and not their pockets………………….. I'd like to but………………….

And what did Fox say………..?

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

I can't see any betting odds at the moment. Worth ten bob on trump to win?
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

What's Donald Gonna Do Today? Kevin Bloody Wilson. Contains a couple of swearings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsKDO-r5STc JayInOz

The USA should change its name to South Park
    Rick

Rupert Murdoch let it be known a few days ago that - if Trump once again ran for POTUS - he would support Trump's opponent.

The cover of Rupert Murdoch's New York Post today: Florida Man Makes Announcement... story on page 26.

Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 11-16-2022 at 07:38 AM.
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

The NY Times carried the announcement on the front page but below the fold....its time the media just started to ignore TFG.

CNN cut away from their live coverage of Trump's announcement about 20 minutes into it. Even Sean Hannity on Fox News cut away from it after a while. Trump droned on for well over an hour. None of the U.S. major broadcast networks carried it at all.
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Mar el Lago had the usual safety protocols. Attendees had to take an IQ test and were only allowed in if the results came back negative.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Mar el Lago had the usual safety protocols. Attendees had to take an IQ test and were only allowed in if the results came back negative.
    With an automatic exception for attractive young women wearing short and tight, but classy and expensive dresses, particularly if they're rich (or claim they are) I give you one Inna Yashchyshyn, AKA 'Anna de Rothschild'.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    CNN cut away from their live coverage of Trump's announcement about 20 minutes into it. Even Sean Hannity on Fox News cut away from it after a while. Trump droned on for well over an hour. None of the U.S. major broadcast networks carried it at all.
    They do tend to drone on and with cringe-worthy phrases. Very disappointed, but not surprised, that he announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    With an automatic exception for attractive young women wearing short and tight, but classy and expensive dresses, particularly if they're rich (or claim they are) I give you one Inna Yashchyshyn, AKA 'Anna de Rothschild'.
    Interestingly, Mar a Lago temporarily resembled the Hotel California.

tw.jpg
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Those pinkos at The National Review have a one-word response.

My favorite bit, possibly because it seems so carefully crafted to skewer trump's narcissistic heart. Amusing in that they entertain the possibility that he'll ever actually read it.
    Trump’s success in imposing his fixations and candidate choices on the GOP played a large role in the GOP debacle in the midterms.*This political backdrop raises the possibility that his low-energy announcement speech may be a damp squib.
    Last edited by Figment; 11-16-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

NY Post's article. The front page of the paper had a line at the bottom saying "Florida man makes announcement, p. 26."
    tw.jpg
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Translation: we caught enough saudi money to be free of this dumpsterfire, and would prefer not to pay it all to defense attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    The USA should change its name to South Park
    you called it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    She and Jared did so much for the country.

Since we have been advised that some of the news networks cut away from the lengthy speech,I suppose there is a possibility that they missed him announcing exactly when he planned to publish his tax returns.Did anybody catch that part?

just after he releases his health plan and wraps up infrastructure week.

Yes, I found it curious that they didn't credit McTurtle for that list.

that national review piece is not about trump at all. it is about themselves. they lay out how they rationalize the entire experience of trumpism, and their own part in it.

a fable for their republican grandchildren.

I hope we get another one of those boat rallies where they all go out and run into each other again. Background music by Deep Red FWITs on the Waaaaadah Dumb dumb dumb, dumb dumb da dumb ....
    Rick

We will see how this ages……

https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...epresentatives

Opinion:
    Trump is now effectively in control of the US House of Representatives:

From his gilded tropical palace, Trump will phone dictates to acolytes who will transform the House into his 2024 campaign committeeMcCarthy’s bravado discloses a hint of insecurity. The talk of the steakhouses is that he will not last long.
    Donald Trump’s ragtag minions of horned madmen and militias could not seize the Capitol on January 6. But when the 118th Congress is sworn in on 3 January, Trump’s coup will have broken through more than a police barrier to enter a new phase. That’s because Trump will, for all intents and purposes, become the de facto speaker of the House. If and when Nancy Pelosi ever so gently passes the gavel to Kevin McCarthy, “it would be hard not to hit her with it,” McCarthy said to the raucous laughter of a Republican crowd in 2021. The ultimate power will be held in the hands of Trump. From his gilded tropical palace, he will phone dictates to Jim Jordan and other acolytes who will transform the House of Representatives into his 2024 presidential campaign committee, virtual law firm and bludgeon for revenge. The House will be his hammer.

From his gilded tropical palace, Trump will phone dictates to acolytes who will transform the House into his 2024 campaign committeeMcCarthy’s bravado discloses a hint of insecurity. The talk of the steakhouses is that he will not last long.
    Donald Trump’s ragtag minions of horned madmen and militias could not seize the Capitol on January 6. But when the 118th Congress is sworn in on 3 January, Trump’s coup will have broken through more than a police barrier to enter a new phase. That’s because Trump will, for all intents and purposes, become the de facto speaker of the House. If and when Nancy Pelosi ever so gently passes the gavel to Kevin McCarthy, “it would be hard not to hit her with it,” McCarthy said to the raucous laughter of a Republican crowd in 2021. The ultimate power will be held in the hands of Trump. From his gilded tropical palace, he will phone dictates to Jim Jordan and other acolytes who will transform the House of Representatives into his 2024 presidential campaign committee, virtual law firm and bludgeon for revenge. The House will be his hammer.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by twodot
    The third paragraph was fanciful, in its entirety, 'To his credit...'
    The National Review's self-delusion does not end there. Toward the end they write:

Democrats helped choose MAGA candidates that were eminently defeatable in GOP primaries this year, and nominating Trump whom Democrats are pining to run against again in 2024 would replicate this experience on a much larger scale.
    Hogwash.

#1141: So true.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

I dont think for one second that McCarthy is strong enough or smart enough to corral that herd of nutjobs. They are going to run right over him.
    He wont last a year.

No sense of any GOP House representative who is strong or smart enough though.

The slimmer the margin of majority, the more power any faction within a party holds - consider how the Senate's fared with Manchin and Sinema. And Manchin at least is actually interested in some genuine aspects of governing.

I've zero sense that the MTG/Biggs/Boebert/Jordan/Gosar/Gaetz faction has any interest at all in governing. In fact, if they can pull the country down around everyone's ears for 2 years, that's success.

If governing is going to occur, it will be because some hapless and suicidal Speaker cuts a few deals with moderate Dems to find enough votes - just like Boehner and Ryan had to.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    No sense of any GOP House representative who is strong or smart enough though.

The slimmer the margin of majority, the more power any faction within a party holds - consider how the Senate's fared with Manchin and Sinema. And Manchin at least is actually interested in some genuine aspects of governing.

I've zero sense that the MTG/Biggs/Boebert/Jordan/Gosar/Gaetz faction has any interest at all in governing. In fact, if they can pull the country down around everyone's ears for 2 years, that's success.

If governing is going to occur, it will be because some hapless and suicidal Speaker cuts a few deals with moderate Dems to find enough votes - just like Boehner and Ryan had to.
    More like "that's the goal"
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Authoritarian playbook through much of the 20thC was to create the chaos which you then presented yourself as the only one capable of fixing...

Authoritarian playbook through much of the 20thC was to create the chaos which you then presented yourself as the only one capable of fixing...
    Cue Rishi...

Authoritarian playbook through much of history was to create the chaos which you then presented yourself as the only one capable of fixing...
    Fixed that for you...

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com