Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1423242534 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

So now we know thepolitical leanings of 3 reviewers, and presumably their names……...

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum
    The guy [Biden] can hardly put a comp0let [sic] sentence together. Sadly you don't seem to be embarrassed by the fact that this person is representing the country.
    Irony is dead. Your assertion is simply astounding. And bizarre. YouTube is full of compilation clips of Trump's word salads, speaking errors and mispronunciations. And yet you voted for him A SECOND TIME. Evidently you found nothing embarrassing about him representing the country. Both are flawed human beings. But one is a treasonous criminal.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

I do believe boatbum and trump are sympatico. So... there's that.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Irony is dead. Your assertion is simply astounding. And bizarre. YouTube is full of compilation clips of Trump's word salads, speaking errors and mispronunciations. And yet you voted for him A SECOND TIME. Evidently you found nothing embarrassing about him representing the country. Both are flawed human beings. But one is a treasonous criminal.
    Yes. Exactly this. Especially that last sentence.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post

Before anyone ever voted for him we listened to him brag about sexually assaulting women.
    Everything after that is just abominable..... 'Embarrassing' is far too light a word to use.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    He's done well for a persons that is addle minded and needs to wear adult diapers. The guy can hardly put a comp0let sentence together. Sadly you don't seem to be embarrassed by the fact that this person is representing the country.
    As a dang furriner seeing the US being represented, I can assure you that fact free word salad trump speeches were generally orders of magnitude more cringey to witness than Biden's.
    Joe does show his age at times, but at least you don't have to fact check every noise that comes out of his mouth, and 95% of the time what he says is coherent. With trump, it was either like "did he just say that", or WTF did that garbled string of words even mean - 95% of the time.

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

Trump (and his legal team)…….. running like they stole something!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Biden might stumble in his wording sometimes, but you can pretty much assume that he speaks the truth and is at heart a decent man. If you asked the orange spit stain what time it was you would assume that the answer would be a lie. Whether he speaks coherently or not he is incapable of honesty. JayInOz

Let me flesh out that sentiment a bit, Jay, if you don't mind.

I'm starting to get a little ticked off, and impatient with the nips at Biden's heels he's getting here.

Some of the members commenting here are being disengenuous or are just caving to the common habit of righteously condemning any Pol or especially any president, pointing out any flaw no matter how trivial, castigating him for being less than perfect, and Biden doesn't deserve it. Oh, look, he's got a spot on his tie, he can't be trusted to eat soup.

If Smilin' Joe came to a WoodenBoat event or sat down at a table with any ten posters on this thread, he'd likely come across as the better individual, by those popular and false standards.

Give the guy a break for having a stutter. Give the guy props for overcoming it to become not just a respected senator, a life-long servant of the people, but a true statesman. Then add that he's some years past retirement age, just exactly like a majority of the posters here. He's not only just not trmp, not only just not an R pol, by most accounts of people he's interacted with, he's a genuinely good goddammed person.

As for being president, two years into it, and considering the state of the world as he took office, he's right up there with the best we've had. Just look at all the scandal—oh, wait, there isn't any.

You stand up in front of a pool of the world's leaders and give a prepared speech at the UN with a teleprompter and do as well. He's not a used car salesman. He's not a flim-flam man. He's likely a better person than your boss or your father-in-law, and a better man than...

trmp is toast and deserves all the approbrium and as much scorn as can be served up. He's earned every bit of it for being everything he is, and not just because he's captured the Rs, he's done nothing, not a goddammed thing other than stump for those Rs, that's of any benefit to anyone but himself, while endangering our country, our democracy, our national security, our standing among nations of the world.

And boatbum deserves a portion of the scorn for trying to push the condemn Biden cart while voting for 'some of trmp's policies.' Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Before anyone ever voted for him we listened to him brag about sexually assaulting women.
    Everything after that is just abominable..... 'Embarrassing' is far too light a word to use.
    It was also known he had lost suits for discrimination, failing to pay contractors, and fraud. It was also known he had bankrupted most of his businesses. Seems GOP didn't care.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    It was also known he had lost suits for discrimination, failing to pay contractors, and fraud. It was also known he had bankrupted most of his businesses. Seems GOP didn't care.
    Care. They were probably jealous.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Has anyone mentioned this ruling in the MarA Lago case?

Judge Cannon’s Latest Mar-a-Lago Ruling Just Got Benchslapped

In its ruling yesterday overturning Judge Aileen Cannon’s injunction—with regard to the approximately 100 documents bearing classified markings seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-A-Lago residence— the 11th Circuit did not merely overrule Judge Cannon, it went out of its way to detail the many ways in which Judge Cannon had fundamentally misstated the law.

In my more than 25 years of practice as a criminal and civil litigator (including three years as an assistant U.S. Attorney), I do not believe that I have read an appellate decision that was more dismissive of the lower court. The 11th Circuit sent a clear message to Judge Cannon and Trump: stop doing this.

Let's take them one by one ---

Read More: https://investorshangout.com/post/vi...#ixzz7fp0Mj731

https://investorshangout.com/post/vi...0Beast%2FGetty
    Last edited by David G; 09-24-2022 at 04:21 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

^ Yes. That is so last week .

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    As a dang furriner seeing the US being represented, I can assure you that fact free word salad trump speeches were generally orders of magnitude more cringey to witness than Biden's.
    Joe does show his age at times, but at least you don't have to fact check every noise that comes out of his mouth, and 95% of the time what he says is coherent. With trump, it was either like "did he just say that", or WTF did that garbled string of words even mean - 95% of the time.

Pete
    Tick the like button.

John Welsford. Like Pete, watching from afar in amazement.
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

The net is being cast wider and wider
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-...ds-2022-09-23/

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    Let me flesh out that sentiment a bit, Jay, if you don't mind.

I'm starting to get a little ticked off, and impatient with the nips at Biden's heels he's getting here.

Some of the members commenting here are being disengenuous or are just caving to the common habit of righteously condemning any Pol or especially any president, pointing out any flaw no matter how trivial, castigating him for being less than perfect, and Biden doesn't deserve it. Oh, look, he's got a spot on his tie, he can't be trusted to eat soup.

If Smilin' Joe came to a WoodenBoat event or sat down at a table with any ten posters on this thread, he'd likely come across as the better individual, by those popular and false standards.

Give the guy a break for having a stutter. Give the guy props for overcoming it to become not just a respected senator, a life-long servant of the people, but a true statesman. Then add that he's some years past retirement age, just exactly like a majority of the posters here. He's not only just not trmp, not only just not an R pol, by most accounts of people he's interacted with, he's a genuinely good goddammed person.

As for being president, two years into it, and considering the state of the world as he took office, he's right up there with the best we've had. Just look at all the scandal—oh, wait, there isn't any.

You stand up in front of a pool of the world's leaders and give a prepared speech at the UN with a teleprompter and do as well. He's not a used car salesman. He's not a flim-flam man. He's likely a better person than your boss or your father-in-law, and a better man than...

trmp is toast and deserves all the approbrium and as much scorn as can be served up. He's earned every bit of it for being everything he is, and not just because he's captured the Rs, he's done nothing, not a goddammed thing other than stump for those Rs, that's of any benefit to anyone but himself, while endangering our country, our democracy, our national security, our standing among nations of the world.

And boatbum deserves a portion of the scorn for trying to push the condemn Biden cart while voting for 'some of trmp's policies.' Twice.
    He voted for Trump. That means he voted for all of Trump's policies. That's what democracy means. It's not a smorgasbord - you have to eat the peas and potatoes as well when you vote. Vote one way and take responsibility.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Voted for trump twice...
    Once a fool, OK some could make that mistake, well maybe not that mistake, but twice a fool? Sheese!

And, what Jim said^

Toast? He’s hamburger gravy on toast. $h!t on a Shingle.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

It certainly looks like it's all going to catch up to him.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

But will he serve jail time? Ido not trust Biden not to pardon him after any legal procedings, maybe on competence grounds, or difficulty in finding apropriate acommodation for an ex-pres.. Precedent etc…..

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    But will he serve jail time? Ido not trust Biden not to pardon him after any legal procedings, maybe on competence grounds, or difficulty in finding apropriate acommodation for an ex-pres.. Precedent etc…..
    Nah. We learned that lesson with Nixon. Pardoning Nixon was based on reciprocity: we'll be decent, then you be decent, OK? Fail.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

Trump makes me appreciate Nixon.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

If Biden pardons him, Biden is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Nah. We learned that lesson with Nixon. Pardoning Nixon was based on reciprocity: we'll be decent, then you be decent, OK? Fail.
    But "we" do not get to choose whether to pardon Trump or not, assuming he is convicted of crimes. Biden gets to choose. And there will be substantial pressure on him not to let a former president serve a prison term. It's entirely plausible that he'll do it. Every institution tends to prioritize self-preservation over all else. If pardoning a criminal ex-president looks (to Biden et al) like the best way to preserve something they feel is worth preserving, of course they'll consider doing it.

I'd argue that, if Trump is convicted and pardoned, we'll have flushed the rule of law down the toilet. But I still don't trust Biden not to do it should things go that far.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

I think that odds of Biden pardoning Trump are about the same as me winning the Powerball jackpot.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I think that odds of Biden pardoning Trump are about the same as me winning the Powerball jackpot.
    I hope you're right. I still have little faith we're even going to see an indictment, much less a conviction. (Yes, a NY state indictment seems very possible, but Biden can't pardon Trump for state crimes anyway).

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

It’s not like if Biden were to pardon him the Rs would then suddenly be decent to Biden.

Besides, Biden knows Shirley that were trmp to somehow be not prosecuted that he would remain the Rs choice for another presidential campaign, and his goram base still a factor in all the down-ballot races. He’s a vampire and he needs a silver bullet and a stake through where his heart should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    It’s not like if Biden were to pardon him the Rs would then suddenly be decent to Biden.

Besides, Biden knows Shirley that were trmp to somehow be not prosecuted that he would remain the Rs choice for another presidential campaign, and his goram base still a factor in all the down-ballot races. He’s a vampire and he needs a silver bullet and a stake through where his heart should be.
    Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Oooh, hey, guys, looky. I made a singing metaphor! I’m happy as two clams in a peapod. Someone lend me a hand with this derailleur.

There's a sense of justice in us all that's aching to see Trump in the slammer but preventing him from running again seems a double-edged sword to me. Looking at the monsters lining up to take his place reminds of one of those old zombie movies - you knock the first one over and find a whole mob of bigger ones behind, bent on destruction of everything worthwhile.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Trump makes me appreciate Nixon.
    Nixon was a mass murderer. Trump's a monster but not in Nixon's league.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Nixon was a mass murderer. Trump's a monster but not in Nixon's league.
    Nixon did a lot more damage because he was far more competent. He also did some good.

But don't conflate that truth with who was the bigger monster. tRump is far more damaged & evil. FAR more.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Nixon did a lot more damage because he was far more competent. He also did some good.

But don't conflate that truth with who was the bigger monster. tRump is far more damaged & evil. FAR more.
    What is this, “My zombie is bigger than your zombie!”?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    What is this, “My zombie is bigger than your zombie!”?
    Nope... zombies has nothing to do with it. It was a direct response to the assertion that "Trump's a monster but not in Nixon's league".
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks