Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,296 to 1,330 of 1391

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Fred Z is well-known in the Bilge as being the original invisible man. He has always routinely deleted his posts. He has posted to the WBF thousands of times despite his current thread count amounting to only 30. FYI he is a good guy.
    Twodot does the same,but on a different timescale, sometimes a shame.
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Anyone following this bit of news involving the grifter formally known as.......

Trump did not disclose $19.8m loan while president, documents show | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Donald Trump failed to disclose a $19.8m loan from a company with historical ties to North Korea, while he was the US president, according to a new report.
    Documents obtained by the New York attorney general, and reported by Forbes, on Sunday indicate a previously unreported loan owed by Trump to Daewoo, the South Korean conglomerate.

Daewoo was the only South Korean company allowed to operate a business in North Korea during the mid-1990s.
    Forbes revealed that Trump’s relationship with Daewoo is at least 25 years old. At one point, Daewoo partnered with Trump on a development project near the United Nations headquarters in New York City, Trump World Tower.
    Trump and Daewoo continued to do business together, including using Trump’s name on six South Korea-based properties from 1999 to 2007, according to the magazine.
    The outlet reports that the debt in question “stems from an agreement Trump struck to share some of his licensing fees with Daewoo”.
    According to documents reviewed by Forbes, the $19.8m balance remained the same from 2011 to 2016. Five months into Trump’s presidency, the balance dropped to $4.3m, according to paperwork that showcased Trump’s finances as of 30 June 2017.
    Soon after, “Daewoo was bought out of its position on July 5, 2017,” the documents said, without disclosing who satisfied the debt.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Trump Organization convicted on all 17 counts.

https://apple.news/AFtepTuwsT5S6XuWHXiDceA

Former President Donald Trump's company is found guilty of criminal tax fraud

A jury in Manhattan has found former President Donald Trump's company guilty of a long-running criminal tax fraud scheme that lasted into his presidency.

Though Trump and his company have repeatedly faced criminal investigations, this case marks the first time his company has been charged, tried, and convicted on criminal charges.

Trump built his political brand, in large part, on his claim that he was an aggressive and successful businessman.

In all, the jury found two entities controlled by Trump guilty on 17 counts of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records. The maximum penalty is $1.6 million.

"This was a case about lying and cheating, false documents to the aid of evading taxes for the benefit of individuals and the corporation," Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg said, speaking with reporters after the verdict was delivered.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Maybe the GQP is toast this made me smile.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...emony-00072546

Todays loss by Walker wont be helping his profile among the GOP hierarchy much.
    I'm waiting to hear what he has to say about the result, I'd bet that he'll be saying that it was stolen the same way that other Georgia result was stolen.
    Perhaps he could phone in and tell them to "just find me XXX votes"

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Saw a quote on Twitter about Walker's loss. "Like watching a plane crash into a train wreck, which rolled into a dumpster fire."

I aspire to that level of writing.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

So Herschel Walker lost on the same day a jury found the Trump organizations guilty on all 17 criminal charges. Not a good day for the former guy.

And now Trumpers can no longer say, "but he has never been convicted of anything...."
    What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    So Herschel Walker lost on the same day a jury found the Trump organizations guilty on all 17 criminal charges. Not a good day for the former guy.

And now Trumpers can no longer say, "but he has never been convicted of anything...."
    Technically, he wasn't. His company's officers were. He could (& will I'm sure) proclaim "I had no idea this awful behavior was going on".
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Technically, he wasn't. His company's officers were. He could (& will I'm sure) proclaim "I had no idea this awful behavior was going on".
    Does anyone really believe that Trump had no idea what was going on in the company that he ran? Can he really claim he was that clueless? He did, after all, sign some of the checks for the illegal payments.

It's a pretty fine line to claim that Trump has never been convicted of any wrongdoing, but the companies he ran were convicted. The basis of the guilty verdicts was that the criminal activity was on behalf of the Trump organizations
    What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Does anyone really believe that Trump had no idea what was going on in the company that he ran? Can he really claim he was that clueless? He did, after all, sign some of the checks for the illegal payments.

It's a pretty fine line to claim that Trump has never been convicted of any wrongdoing, but the companies he ran were convicted. The basis of the guilty verdicts was that the criminal activity was on behalf of the Trump organizations
    Of course no one, except true believers, believes it. However it gives McConnell & McCarthy et all (semi) plausible deniability. We're talking people who could give weasels lessons leading clueless morons after all.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

In more unsurprising news, there have been more searches looking for documents which NARA believes Trump still possesses. Some have been found, with classified markings, in a storage unit in Florida which included a range of stuff including wrestling belts, gifts, and God knows what else.

The FBI was invited to observe the search for documents, that Trump's folks contracted with a private firm to conduct on their behalf. They declined. While the FBI apparently doesn't usually oversee such searches unless they're invited to accompany a local police service, it does feel odd to me that any person or organization under investigation is invited to conduct their own search to find stuff they've been withholding in contravention of a subpoena and court order. I doubt I'd get such a courtesy.

tw.jpg
    Last edited by TomF; 12-07-2022 at 01:39 PM.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

From "The Apprentice" to "Storage Wars".
    One of the great things about this forum is that we don't all have to accumulate the same scar tissue.
    AJ Zimm

Quote Originally Posted by john welsford
    Todays loss by Walker wont be helping his profile among the GOP hierarchy much.

I'm waiting to hear what he has to say about the result, I'd bet that he'll be saying that it was stolen the same way that other Georgia result was stolen.

Perhaps he could phone in and tell them to "just find me XXX votes"
    A great deal of credit goes to Mr. Walker who surprised almost everyone with his short, gracious, dignified, and responsible concession speech. It was the sort of speech vermin like Donald Trump could never give.

The text of Herschel Walker's concession speech:

I am going to acknowledge my wife Julie because she is with me and she has been through a tough time.

But I want to say that I want to thank all of you as well because we have had a tough journey, have we not?

One of the things I said when they called the race, I said the numbers doesn't look like it's gonna add up.

But one of the things I want to tell all of you is you never stop dreaming. I don't want any of you to stop dreaming.

I don't want any of you to stop believing in America. I want you to believe in America and continue to believe in the constitution and believe in our elected officials most of all.

I want you to continue to pray for them because all of the prayers that you had given me, I felt those prayers.

I want to thank all of my team, Team Herschel, because they put up with a lot.

I want to thank all my donors because you guys, without you I couldn't have done what I done. So I want to thank all of you as well.

There are no excuses in life and I am not going to make any excuses now because we put up one heck of a fight. That is what we got to do.

Because this is much bigger than Herschel Walker. I told someone this the other day, 'I have done a lot of stuff,' you talk about Heisman trophies, talk about all these athletic awards, business awards I have won.

But the best thing I have ever done in my whole entire life is run for this Senate seat right here.

The reason I am going to say that is because I got a chance to meet all of you and hear what you guys feel about this country.

I got a chance for you guys to tell me what you do feel about this country.

I got a chance to go into your home, a chance to [see] you invested in Herschel Walker and I thank you.

I thank you so much. As I said, you can't blame no one because I want you to continue to believe in this country, believe in our elected officials.

Most of all, stay together, don't let anyone separate you. Don't let anyone tell you that we can't because I am here to tell you we can.

As I said earlier on, God is good.
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    In more unsurprising news, there have been more searches looking for documents which NARA believes Trump still possesses. Some have been found, with classified markings, in a storage unit in Florida which included a range of stuff including wrestling belts, gifts, and God knows what else.

The FBI was invited to observe the search for documents, that Trump's folks contracted with a private firm to conduct on their behalf. They declined. While the FBI apparently doesn't usually oversee such searches unless they're invited to accompany a local police service, it does feel odd to me that any person or organization under investigation is invited to conduct their own search to find stuff they've been withholding in contravention of a subpoena and court order. I doubt I'd get such a courtesy.

tw.jpg
    There was no cataloguing of what was put in the storage unit, Trump advisers said — just as there was no cataloguing of what classified documents were taken to a room underneath Mar-a-Lago.
    Records? We don’t need no stinkin’ records!

Not sure I understand the strategy. TFG instructed his team of lawyers to search four locations, and they found classified documents at Mar a Lago and reported it. Is he really trying to be that upfront?

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Not sure I understand the strategy. TFG instructed his team of lawyers to search four locations, and they found classified documents at Mar a Lago and reported it. Is he really trying to be that upfront?
    Failing to understand Trump is a sign of sanity.
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Trying to show what a good boy he can be

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll
    Wasn't this court ordered?
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Wasn't this court ordered?
    A search for documents carried out at the behest of former President Donald Trump's attorneys turned up two documents with classified markings at a Florida storage facility, two people familiar with the documents told NBC News.

Trump lawyers covering their asses after being pressed by the court. They would like to keep their law licenses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ecords-search/

Trump lawyers covering their asses after being pressed by the court. They would like to keep their law licenses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ecords-search/
    Two words : Fat chance.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Jan. 6 committee plans to issue criminal referrals with its final report this month

DoJ asks a judge to hold Trump in contempt of court for the Mara-a-logo document case.

Also, Trump does not appeal 11th circuit ruling.
    The Special Master is no more.
    I can't understand why he did not appeal to the Supreme Court.
    His main tactic is delay, delay, delay and now he is mysteriously giving up on this.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

If the court agrees with the DOJ that Trump is in contempt he can be jailed until he comes into compliance. Evidently the DOJ believes Trump is STILL illegally holding government property and/or classified material.

I've been reading up on contempt.
    In this case, it is supposedly rare that a judge will charge a person with contempt without first giving that person a warning to comply with the courts original order.
    So, the judge can say, "OK, Mr. Trump, this is your one and only chance to fully comply with the DoJ subpoena. Mess with me and you are going to jail".
    We can only wish.
    But the message from the DoJ to Trump is now very clear. The gloves have come off and they are finally playing hardball.

From reporting I'm seeing, the penalty would most likely be fines.
    X amount of dollars/day until he complies.
    Unless the fine is one million dollars per day, Trump will just scoff at it.

Wasn't he also subpoenaed for the Jan 6th committee ? Why isn't he rotting in jail NOW ?
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

It's unsure if the contempt charge will be for Trump, his legal team or both.
    No lawyer in his right mind will now swear to a judge that all the documents have been turned over.
    Hopefully this will trigger more search warrants.

According to Morning Joe, none of TFG's legal team are willing to certify to the court "In writing" that all requested items and documents have been returned.

Seems to me that this is a great bit of "predication" for further searches.

This is good, Jimmy Kimmel’s Mar-A-Lego:

https://youtu.be/B-bEYzonlho

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Of course no one, except true believers, believes it.
    This will eventually pass but likely only at the rate of one funeral at a time. Poor hapless sods will have MAGA engraved on their headstones.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    This will eventually pass but likely only at the rate of one funeral at a time. Poor hapless sods will have MAGA engraved on their headstones.
    And those tombstones like the other great movements of the past will be used as a most excellent quarried building material...

Judge refuses to charge Trump with contempt.
    Rats.