Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

An ABC News/Washington Post poll says:

Republicans and GOP-leaning independents, for their part, split 47%-46% on whether Donald Trump should be their 2024 nominee -- a 20-point drop for Trump compared with his 2020 nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    An ABC News/Washington Post poll says:

Republicans and GOP-leaning independents, for their part, split 47%-46% on whether Donald Trump should be their 2024 nominee -- a 20-point drop for Trump compared with his 2020 nomination.
    I like that split but it’ll probably shift more against Trump by convention time.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I think that odds of Biden pardoning Trump are about the same as me winning the Powerball jackpot.
    Next R President would do it.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Nope... zombies has nothing to do with it. It was a direct response to the assertion that "Trump's a monster but not in Nixon's league".
    Nixon never refused to concede. He also resigned.

Nixon was not in trump's league.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Next R President would do it.
    Predicting the future can be perilous, but it looks as if it's possible for dems to keep the house and gain seats in the senate.

IF that's the case, Biden's next two year are apt to be very productive. That can impact elections still to come.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

predicting the future can be perilous, but it looks as if it's possible for dems to keep the house and gain seats in the senate.

If that's the case, biden's next six years are apt to be very productive. That can impact elections still to come.
    ftfy

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

So up here in MAGA Ohio....

On the drive up to the Kroger in Sandusky, Ohio there is a business that has always prominently either a "Trump 2020" banner, a "Trump 2024" banner, a "Let's Go Branden" banner, or a "**** Biden" banner.

Today they were displaying a new banner. It read: "Daddy DeSantis 2024." Evidently Trump has become passé.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    So up here in MAGA Ohio....

On the drive up to the Kroger in Sandusky, Ohio there is a business that has always prominently either a "Trump 2020" banner, a "Trump 2024" banner, a "Let's Go Branden" banner, or a "**** Biden" banner.

Today they were displaying a new banner. It read: "Daddy DeSantis 2024."
    DeSantis might have a few problems of his own soon. Not at all sure how it will play when enough learn he voted against federal aid behind Sandy when it was NY and NJ asking. Not sure how his spending millions of Florida tax payer dollars to hire planes to send immigrants from other states places.

A lot of s**t can hit the fan between this November's election, and a lot more before '24 election.

It looked like this:

"I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    DeSantis might have a few problems of his own soon. Not at all sure how it will play when enough learn he voted against federal aid behind Sandy when it was NY and NJ asking. Not sure how his spending millions of Florida tax payer dollars to hire planes to send immigrants from other states places.

A lot of s**t can hit the fan between this November's election, and a lot more before '24 election.
    Republicans won't know because News Corp won't tell them.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

“Daddy” ?

Now it’s coming out that they have found the missing White House call logs from Insurrection Day in with the Mar-A-Lago documents trump** stole from the American People. I can’t wait to see which GOP congress members he called.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    Now it’s coming out that they have found the missing White House call logs from Insurrection Day in with the Mar-A-Lago documents trump** stole from the American People. I can’t wait to see which GOP congress members he called.
    Or Proud Boyz.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer
    Would you provide a link to the report? I can find nothing on this.

In other news the USSC refused to dismiss the $1.3 billion Dominion lawsuit against the My Pillow MAGA nutter.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 10-03-2022 at 07:36 PM.

And in other news BlowHard is suing CNN for defamation.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-s...or-defamation/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gray View Post
    And in other news BlowHard is suing CNN for defamation.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-s...or-defamation/
    Delay, distract, delay. trump’s** playbook from way back.

Yep, Charles Dickens “Bleak House” Trump style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Would you provide a link to the report? I can find nothing on this.

Just this Twitter thread so far. Maybe in the regular news tomorrow: https://twitter.com/muellershewrote/...MQROjSP22LupyQ

Hmm....

The unsealed DOJ document does not specify the dates of the calls and messages in the call log. Attributing them to January 6 is merely speculation at this point. Evidently the call logs were turned over to the United States Privilege Review Team as potentially privileged material. They have not yet been released to the Case Review Team which is investigating possible crimes. While the Privilege Review Team does not believe the EXHIBIT A material is actually privileged (such material is categorized under EXHIBIT B and will be returned to Trump), before turning it over to the Case Review Team a Bates-copy of the EXHIBIT A material will be given to Trump's attorneys so that they may assert claims of privilege if they choose to do so.

Before disclosing the materials identified in Exhibit A to the Case Team, however, and consistent with the search procedures described in the Affidavit the Privilege Review Team is prepared to disclose a Bates-stamped copy of the Exhibit A materials to Plaintiff's counsel, so that Plaintiff and his attorneys may review the materials and, if appropriate, assert the attorney-client privilege through a particularized privilege log that identifies the control numbers of the materials and the basis for asserting they are privileged. lf any such document are identified, consistent with the local rules and paragraph 84(c) of the Affidavit, the Privilege Review Team would attempt to resolve the issue through consultation with Plaintiff's counsel. If unable to reach an agreement, the Privilege Review Team would submit the documents at issue under seal to the Court.
    Here is a link to the complete unsealed DOJ document: https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...18763.40.0.pdf
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 10-04-2022 at 04:25 AM.

DeSantis poster: should be easy to change the 'D' in Daddy to a 'B'....

Confidence Man: Key revelations from new book on Donald Trump

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63125238
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Republicans won't know because News Corp won't tell them.
    Some republicans will. Not sure how many it will take.

Maybe I'm missing something....Trump sues CNN for defamation. CNN is not going to settle right? So they go to court. Won't TFG have to prove that The Big Lie is in fact not a lie? Unless The Big Lie is not a lie there is no defamation.

Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by willin woodworks View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something....Trump sues CNN for defamation. CNN is not going to settle right? So they go to court. Won't TFG have to prove that The Big Lie is in fact not a lie? Unless The Big Lie is not a lie there is no defamation.

Am I wrong?
    Nope. I don't think you're wrong.

Frankly, T**** filing suit against CNN will be a huge self-own on his part. It will lead to discovery, that has to happen under oath.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Suspect that, as this dawns on TFG, the lawsuit will disappear. Quietly.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

donald counts on his cnn "lawsuit" getting tossed peremptorily.

the narrative of victimization requires daily fodder.

I'm torn between wanting his cheeseburgers to get on with it - to rise up and clog his heart - and wanting that day delayed till after a significant conviction for a solid corruption charge.

So long as he's alive he'll keep being Trump, and inciting ever more stochastic terrorism. But dying of natural causes before judicial accountability occurs does nothing to shore up the sagging bits of your polity.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

In some ways this is funny. In other ways it's tragic. Trump has pretty much destroyed everything he's touched.

He'd destroyed the Supreme court, and they will destroy the country. Trump may go broke, may rot in jail, but the country may never come back.

The damage that TFG has done and the damage that will continue to be done in his name by the Cowards in the GOP and the dimwits in the MAGA hats and the right wing ideologues that have been unleashed because they are following the example of POTUS is incalculable.
    I have no problem wishing that he passes sooner rather than later. Either way he will be martyred by the racist right wing.

Gee... and here I thought all along that Trump's false election claims were just generically referred to as "The Big Lie." I've heard them referred to that way innumerable times times... and I do not watch CNN.

But it's all CNN's fault, eh? LOL!

Let's see... Trump would have to prove that the published information is demonstrably false. Oops!!

What a maroon.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 10-04-2022 at 02:55 PM.

And now the decision to either uphold the 11th Circuit Appeals Court ruling or to have the issue decided by the full USSC is in the hands of USSC Justice Clarence Thomas.

God help us.

That'll be a waste of cash and time on lawyers, we already know what his decision will be, and so does donald. And so do you. Whitewash.

There's nothing 'supreme' about that lot of bigots and the court is not worth it's costs.

#872... my understanding is that while technically Thomas could rule in favor of trump without involving the rest of the supremes, they can and are quite likely to overrule him.

I've also seen several opinions that this is an almost completely meaningless waste of time, merely trump's legal team coming up with some sort of action just to keep him happy, because ruling in trump's favor on this specific appeal does nothing to impede DOJ, it merely adds the classified docs back onto the pile in judge Dearie's inbox.
    Last edited by Figment; 10-05-2022 at 07:43 AM.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

The whole point of appealing to the Supreme Court to have Dearie have access to these classified documents means T****'s legal team, and by extension T****, himself also have access to these documents again.

I'm just spitballing here, but I think they view these documents in a transactional way as T**** does with everything else. It has worth.

Considering that some of the documents - not classified - included phone logs that are believed to be on or around the 6th, it would appear that that portion of the documents was taken to hide them from oversight.

What NARA is saying now is that the documents that were seized, are not all of the documents that they are missing. Where are those other documents?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward