Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1019202130 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

I do not think we will ever know the whole and unbiased story.
    Does anyone ever know the whole and unbiased story about any historical figure? Henry VIII, Andrew Jackson, Juan Perón, Ho Chi Minh, take your pick . . . We'll probably know more of the facts, though.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 09-12-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Does anyone ever know the whole and unbiased story about any historical figure? Henry VIII, Andrew Jackson, Juan Perón, Ho Chi Minh, take your pick . . .
    Of course not. Kennedy has been dead for 60 years and we still do not know all there is to know about his very brief presidency despite all the books, tell-all's, and declassified sources. I will say that Trump is an incredibly polarizing figure which, I believe, complicates it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Of course not. Kennedy has been dead for 60 years and we still do not know all there is to know about his very brief presidency despite all the books, tell-all's, and declassified sources. I will say that Trump is an incredibly polarizing figure which, I believe, complicates it even more.
    There are people who are totally convinced that Kennedy was seen, just the other day, sitting in a cafe in Arizona talking to Elvis!

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by john welsford View Post
    There are people who are totally convinced that Kennedy was seen, just the other day, sitting in a cafe in Arizona talking to Elvis!
    He'd be 105 years old, but some people do have an amazing capacity to believe absurdities.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

He'd be 105 years old, but some people do have an amazing capacity to believe absurdities.
    Which is a large part of our problem.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Really

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...18763.84.0.pdf

In what at its core is a document storage dispute that has spiraled out of control, the Government wrongfully seeks to criminalize the possession by the 45th President of his own Presidential and personal records.

I would bet that this turns out to be nothing of importance. We'd all be so happy to see the guy in jail that anything unexpected makes us jump.
    You're probably right. Still, Twitter observes the following about what appears to be going on at Trump's Washington area golf club today.

tw.jpg
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    You're probably right. Still, Twitter observes the following about what appears to be going on at Trump's Washington area golf club today.

tw.jpg
    So, he's having a meeting where he's pretty sure they can't be overheard.

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    So, he's having a meeting where he's pretty sure they can't be overheard.
    Isn't that another of the things that "the mob" does?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Pictures of Team T trying to convince T that even with horns attached, mass marching on the Capitol in golf carts still won't stop the steal or impress the Proud Oathers.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Isn't that another of the things that "the mob" does?
    I was thinking spies, but sure, the mob as well.

Could have something to do with this:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/12/polit...y-6/index.html
    In total, more than 30 individuals with connections to Trump have received subpoenas in recent days, according to two sources familiar with the subpoena targets. The subpoenas seek documents and in some cases testimony before a grand jury in Washington, DC.

Getting their stories straight and being warned there'll be consequences if they speak off script. If you could snap your fingers and make all the people in that photo just disappear, it would be a tiny baby step towards a heathier America JayInOz

Isn't that called witness tampering?

Quote Originally Posted by JayInOz View Post
    Getting their stories straight and being warned there'll be consequences if they speak off script.
    Lead by the guy least able to stay on script.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Reading on twitter that over the past week the DOJ has issued 40 subpoenas seeking info about Trumps actions related to the election and Jan6 so something is in motion.
    Boris Epshteyn and Mike Roman had their phones seized.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/
    Last edited by Hallam; 09-12-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Top Trump aides have also had their phones seized by the FBI.
    If I was one of those people, my phone would have been thrown into the Potomac
    a year ago.
    Why would they hang onto phones that have potential dirt on them?
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Because they're cultists. They truly don't believe that the rules can apply to them, because Trump. Because rules are for people who accept them, not who try to entirely remake them.

Also, even the smart ones (e.g. Bannon) are crushingly stupid where their ideology and self indulgence makes them blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Top Trump aides have also had their phones seized by the FBI.
    If I was one of those people, my phone would have been thrown into the Potomac
    a year ago.
    Why would they hang onto phones that have potential dirt on them?
    Just because they are crooked doesn't mean they are intelligent. And anyhow, on their world donald is President, no?

Trump lawyers have filed a breif in which they argue tRum while president ( with a small “p” ) had unfetter powers to de classify documents etc etc. The first thing I think of on hearing this is that this claim is proof that tRump interpreted the role and powers of a President as that of all powerful, no checks and balances, ie; autocratic, dictatorial…….Perhaps this is an indication of his general knowledge being so lacking and self absorbency so defining that his child life / adult world view is being played out revealing the staggering ignorance and adolescent self centredness that is his platform. A man so emotionally and educationally immature that he believes he can ( small) Willy nilly have a thought bubble and kazip!!! It’s now reality and my lawyers WILL argue MY case!
    This will go before the same judge that gave tRump his Special manager.
    Again all sensible legal opinion trashes the brief but how will little miss tRumpian judge make this case work for the master?

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

I suspect she'll get crushed on appeal.

Seems the FBI executed a search warrant against Mike "Pillow Guy" Lindell and seized his phone. He pulled into the parking lot of a Hardee's in Mankato, Minnesota on Tuesday and the FBI blocked his car in front, rear and sides, and executed the warrant.

Sounds like they may have hit the mother lode ("I don't have a computer. Everything I do [is] off that phone. Everything was on there.")

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mypill...one-at-hardees

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...rking-lot.html

Needless to say, TFG is having a hissy fit on his whackadoodle Twitter thang: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...e-lindell-raid

From the Daily Beast:

Lindell also posted on social media a grand jury subpoena from a federal prosecutor in Colorado and what appears to be a search warrant related to a federal investigation into breached voting machines in Mesa County, Colorado.

The warrant requests "all records and information on the LINDELL CELLPHONE that constitute fruits, evidence, or instrumentalities of violations" relating to identity theft, intentional damage to a protected computer, and conspiracy to commit the previous two crimes. The warrant cites violations "involving Tina Peters, Conan James Hayes, Belinda Knisley, Sandra Brown, Sherronna Bishop, Michael Lindell, and/or Douglas Frank, among other co-conspirators known and unknown to the government."

The Denver FBI field office told The Daily Beast that it does not comment on individual cases but, "without commenting on this specific matter, I can confirm that the FBI was at that location executing a search warrant authorized by a federal judge."

The U.S. attorney's office in Colorado, which issued the subpoena, declined to comment.

The case appears to stem from a 2021 breach of voting machines in Mesa County, allegedly by the county's clerk Tina Peters and her associates. Peters is facing state felony charges in the alleged breach, alongside her former clerk's office colleagues Belinda Knisley and Sandra Brown. Hayes, a professional surfer turned conspiracy theorist, is accused of impersonating a local tech worker to help breach the machines under Peters' direction.

In November, the home of Sheronna Bishop, an acquaintance of Lindell and Peters and a former campaign manager for Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), was believed to be the subject of a search warrant related to the Mesa County breach.

Now the investigation appears to include Lindell.

The search warrant requests data from Lindell's phone, including any information it contains about damage to Dominion voting machines, information about Hayes' alleged impersonation of a tech worker, and the phone's internet activity, geographical location, and information on whether it could be controlled remotely via "viruses, Trojan horses, and other forms of malicious software."
    Lindell also expounded on his legal situation in a Tuesday night video.

"The FBI came after me and took my phone," he said on Facebook. "They surrounded me in a Hardee's and took my phone that I run all my business, everything with. What they’ve done is weaponize—the FBI, it’s disgusting. I don’t have a computer. Everything I do [is] off that phone. Everything was on there. And they told me not to tell anybody. Here's an order: 'Don't tell anybody!' 'OK, I won’t!' Well, I am."

[If the FBI also served him with a gag order, that disclosure is likely going to be a problem for him. Contempt of court?]
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

We live in hope.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

New respect for Hardee’s:

8C8325E0-BC81-466A-AC18-4FED51F5CEAE.jpg

Evidently de'spick DeSantis thinks trump is toast also.Who in the he'll is paying for these planes. https://apnews.com/article/florida-i...9a372b85c95add

My younger brother was a Navy aviator. He might call this a target rich environment.

A local woman who is also a Facebook friend approvingly posted the following today on her Facebook page. Have I told you this part of Ohio is MAGA country? Our current congress critter is Gym Jordan. That will change in November as Ohio's congressional districts have been redrawn and Jordan will be running in another district.

"I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    A local woman who is also a Facebook friend approvingly posted the following today on her Facebook page. Have I told you this part of Ohio is MAGA country? Our current congress critter is Gym Jordan. That will change in November as Ohio's congressional districts have been redrawn and Jordan will be running in another district.

Strange that so many still act as if all those hearings hadn't cleared her.

And now Trump is making threats. Trump is a menace. The sooner he is indicted, arrested and arraigned the better.

Trump warns of ‘big problems’ if indicted, says he’d still run for office

By Azi Paybarah
    Updated September 15, 2022 at 3:08 p.m. EDT
    Published September 15, 2022 at 12:09 p.m. EDT

Former president Donald Trump warned that if he were indicted on a charge of mishandling classified documents after leaving the White House, there would be “problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before.”

Trump, speaking Thursday to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, added, “I don’t think the people of the United States would stand for it.”

Hewitt, who is also a contributing columnist for The Washington Post, then noted that critics would describe the comment as inciting violence, and he asked Trump to respond to the claim. “That’s not inciting — I’m just saying what my opinion is. I don’t think the people of this country would stand for it,” Trump said.

When pressed by Hewitt, Trump said he thought there would be “big problems, big problems.”

Federal agents conducted a court-authorized search of Trump’s club and residence Aug. 8, as part of a long-running investigation into whether government documents — some of which are classified — were being stored at Mar-a-Lago instead of returned to the National Archives.

The FBI probe is the latest legal pressure on Trump, who now faces growing scrutiny as the criminal probe intensifies. The investigation is looking into whether he or his former aides took classified government documents and improperly stored or never returned them. Trump’s lawyer has argued that the former president cooperated with federal authorities and that many of the documents were covered by executive privilege.

In January 2021, the House impeached Trump on a single charge of “incitement of insurrection” for his role in whipping up a crowd of his supporters to stop Congress from the counting of electoral college votes for Joe Biden. A mob of pro-Trump supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to stop the count, an attack that resulted in five deaths and injuries to dozens of members of law enforcement.

Trump’s comments Thursday came hours before officials from the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security briefed Republicans and Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee about threats against federal officials. After the briefing, Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), the committee’s chairman, described Trump’s rhetoric as dangerous.

“Inviting the mob to return to the streets is exactly what happened here on January 6th, 2021,” Durbin told reporters. After noting that five people died as a result of the attack and 149 law enforcement agents were injured that day, the senator said Trump’s “careless and inflammatory rhetoric has its consequences.”

In the interview with Hewitt, Trump also said he “would have no prohibition against running” for office if he were indicted. “It would not take you out of the arena,” Hewitt said, trying to clarify the former president’s position. Trump replied, “It would not.”

Trump repeatedly has hinted at another run for the presidency in 2024.

In 1920, socialist Eugene V. Debs ran for president from prison, where he was serving time in the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary for speaking out against the draft during World War I. Debs and his running mate, Emil Seidel, garnered 913,693 votes, but — as in his previous campaigns — no electoral votes.

Trump’s warning of problems echoes Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), who told Fox News last month that there would be “riots in the street” if Trump is prosecuted. Trump appeared to endorse the notion, sharing a link to a video of Graham’s comments on his Truth Social platform.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...on-fbi-search/
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Outbursts like this usually indicate that someone has touched a nerve.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    And now Trump is making threats. Trump is a menace. The sooner he is indicted, arrested and arraigned the better.
    Sounds like one who feels trapped.

Who is paying the power bill for the toaster………?

Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post
    Who is paying the power bill for the toaster………?
    Who always ends up paying the bills? The Reps & Trump are really, really good at wasting our money.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Outbursts like this usually indicate that someone has touched a nerve.
    Of the the many dumb things he has said or done, this ranks in the top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Of the the many dumb things he has said or done, this ranks in the top 5
    You assume he’s reached his peak?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward