Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1120212231 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    You assume he’s reached his peak?
    I can only go on what has happened, not on what might.

One to watch:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...or/ar-AA11Nf2P

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) were part of the group, according to a tweet from Punchbowl Newsreporters.
    Two meetings were taking place Tuesday as a fire alarm went off, prompting a brief Capitol Visitor Center evacuation and Capitol Police investigation. They were an Intelligence Committee meeting and a Gang of Eight meeting with Burns, per an Axios reporter.
    The Gang of Eight is a bipartisan, bicameral group of lawmakers who get briefings on intelligence matters. This group includes the top member of each party of the intelligence panel in both the Senate and the House. Pelosi and McCarthy as leaders of the House as well as the Senate majority leader and minority leader are also part of it.
    The sighting comes as lawmakers have demanded information about whether documents deemed classified found at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort posed a national security threat to the United States

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

^ Might be about Trump. Could also be a briefing about Ukraine, North Korea, Iran or something else.
    One thing I'm sure about, they won't tell us anytime soon.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

I've been watching Glen Kirschner's video channel, Justice Matters for a while and occasionally post a video. This one shows frustration at the recent turn of events. I'm left wondering at trump's 'good luck' in having his appointed Federal judge Aileen Cannon presiding over the case involving his request for the special master. These goings on are a strong indication of the politicisation ( read corruption ) of the judiciary and a suspicion that an underhand element was at play in the selection of judge Aileen Cannon although this was not mentioned at all in Kirschner's commentary.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

So next court of appeal in these proceedings is the 11th circuit. Interesting to not this court has 6 Trump appointees and 5 non Trump appointees. Three Judges will be selected to hear the appeal when its called.

Bruce Cockburn

This is an interesting exchange between Roger Stone and the presiding Judge from the deposition footage...... I'm thinking it will be similar when Trump faces court. His wikipedia page:

"He has described his political modus operandi as "Attack, attack, attack – never defend" and "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack."

( Look at his hands..... )

lots of interference in the legal process after his initial sentence of prison time...... and ended up with a pardon from Trump. Mitt rRomney termed the commutation historic unprecedented corruption! Looks like a re run with Trumps legal fight. What a $#!t show it has become in the USA. The rule of law is getting smashed by these political thugs with I suspect, lots of black money funding the process. It would not surprise me if people who are putting their careers on the line for Trump are receiving undisclosed payments and guarantees of some sort. It's like the big push is really on and there is no going back. If Trump is somehow silenced, he at least has broken the ice for the next wave.........

A pessimistic scenario that I'm hoping is wrong or more likely destined for ultimate failure because of the nature of these movements is to crumble like a deck of cards because for the simple fact that they are built on a foundation of lies, and lies have no permanency.
    Last edited by Hallam; 09-18-2022 at 06:03 AM.

Bruce Cockburn

NYT tonight is reporting that a White House lawyer told Trump that he'd be in legal trouble
    if he removed documents from Washington.
    Not good for Trump if the DoJ can get testimony from that lawyer.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Sure looks like cocaine and/or meth.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

Arguably the man behind Trumps entry into politics. There seems to be a disconnect….Not exactly the image of the Trump target market….. more sort of progressive woke liberal wouldn’t you say?

Bruce Cockburn

It appears that Judge Dearie is not messing about.

At first I thought he was just giving trump et al enough rope to hang themselves by asking for substantiation of declassification, and was when they didn't leap at the chance to tie the noose. (perhaps he has actually hired competent counsel after all??)

Now, with what one might call minimal delay, this assertion of declassification is rejected. Moving on.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    It appears that Judge Dearie is not messing about.

At first I thought he was just giving trump et al enough rope to hang themselves by asking for substantiation of declassification, and was when they didn't leap at the chance to tie the noose. (perhaps he has actually hired competent counsel after all??)

Now, with what one might call minimal delay, this assertion of declassification is rejected. Moving on.
    Dearie wasn't having it. Any of it.

Today's hearing was basically "put up, or shut up" to TFG's attorneys.

We also need to hear from the 11th Circuit, too. It may blow anything Cannon proposed out of the water.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

And in another legal entanglement, NY Attorney General Tish James has informed media that she will make a "major announcement" tomorrow morning at 10:30 Eastern.

While it's perhaps unlikely that she will announce criminal indictments, her wheelhouse is announcing major civil lawsuits. One of which dissolved the Trump "charity" foundation for doing no charity and instead functioning as an auxiliary bank account, for instance.

Twitter suspects that this may be a civil suit to dissolve the Trump Organization, following on the depositions now given by Donald and his varied children, and the plea deal reached with Weisselberg last month which required his truthful and fulsome testimony in return for a light sentence.

There's no certainty about what James will announce, but it is about the right timing to name a suit against the Trump business group. They've had the grand jury working for months, and have received court ordered transfers of countless documents about the business' doings.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

It is all so simple. Judge Dearie is in effect saying, "OK. We have documents seized from Mar-a-Lago the owner of which Judge Cannon, who created my position, believes is in dispute. I was appointed Special Master to mediate that dispute. So what is the dispute? The government is saying that the fact that the documents are clearly labeled as classified proves that they are property of the government." Judge Dearie called this prima facie evidence. "So," Judge Dearie asked the Trump lawyers, "What is Your evidence that these documents are not classified and are the property of Donald Trump?" The Trump lawyers do not want to answer that question. And Judge Dearie told them if they do not do so the matter is simple: he will accept the government's claim and the documents do not get returned to Trump. The government keeps them to do with them as they like.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 09-20-2022 at 07:36 PM.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

Waiting on Tish James' livestream to start on C-span. She's supposedly waiting until Biden's speech at the UN is finished.

In the meantime, some details of what she's about to announce have been released to media.

tw.jpg
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

On C-SPAN now.

Notes that they've uncovered not merely civil illegality, but also criminal illegality under both NY and they think Federal statutes. Criminal charges including fraud, insurance fraud, wire fraud, and conspiracy in each of these.

Referring the fed criminal charges to the DoJ.

Names Donald, and his kids.

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Over 200 distinct instances of wrongdoing. The $250M sought in damages is the minimum amount estimated to have been the benefits the Trump organization obtained from that illegal activity.

Noted that there are parallel criminal Federal crimes, not merely these civil ones. And that the evidence is being transmitted to the relevant Federal authorities for their consideration and followup.

Here's the Twitter thread by the NY Attorney General's office about the action they've announced this morning.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewYorkSt...11509351772165

Well well...

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Trump is toast.

Default Trump is Toast

This is fantastic news, and they almost certainly have the goods. Michael Cohens testimony started the ball rolling. I believe it will snowball from here.

Michael Cohens next podcast will be a good one!

Letitia James press conference is worth listening to in its entirety.

https://youtu.be/wXbMd9NpN7k
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tom Wilkinson; 09-21-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Tom

It’s a witch hunt, I tell ya!

The bigliest hoax of a witch hunt the likes of which the world has never seen!

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

All a witch hunt which is why TFG was so eager to release his taxes and financial statements and to answer their questions to prove how honest he was.

And the hits just keep on coming!
    DOJ can continue investigation with classified docs.

https://apple.news/ADbFqP98fQeCl37vs2w64mA

As far as bad days go, this one has to be a nightmare for Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom

Ginni Thomas will now testify before the January 6th Committee…

Overall, a bad day to have the last name T****.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

A unanimous decision. And two of the three appeals court judges were appointed by Donald Trump. What a big fat loser.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Ginni Thomas will now testify before the January 6th Committee…
    Is that real? Was she subpoenaed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    Is that real? Was she subpoenaed?
    I believe this is voluntary and I am pretty sure that it would have been negotiated with her attorneys. Considering that she is the wife of a Supreme Court Justice and likely has information regarding several aspects of the false elector and election denial activities that she may or may not be complicit in, I would be sure that there are guardrails on what questions may be addressed.

Alternatively, they may have offered her some sort of immunity for testimony against others furthe up the food chain under threat of a subpoena.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...riot-rcna48861
    -William A. Ward

………….. Trump's options to block the criminal investigation are now dimming with one of his only remaining possibilities being an emergency request to the Supreme Court.

and won't that be a curve ball for the SC? I think 'wedged' is the correct term…….

After literally years of pessimism over the state of this country, I’m beginning to feel a little twinge of hope. No doubt there is still much to be corrected, but I think there maybe a bit of daylight.
    …and yes I know, many things can still go south on us.
    Last edited by ron ll; 09-21-2022 at 09:03 PM.