Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 514151625 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

I would love to be in on the jury deliberations. Of course, for being honest during the voir dire, I'd be excused. It seems weird to think that a court could assemble a dozen jurors who haven't been following the news and made a conclusion about mango mussolini's treason. It would be a hoot, knowing I'd be excused, to come to court after the jury summons in orange face-paint with goggle eyes and a cheap hair-piece. 'Your honor, I swear I haven't watched any news for six years as I was busy getting tanned. Who is this Chump everyone interested in?'

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    One of the pundits on MSNBC mentioned that the person responsible for securing all documents in the WH was let go a month before Trump left office, leaving no one in charge. Documents were then thrown willy-nilly into boxes and shipped off to Florida.
    that sounds plausible, of course there’s TFG screwing up the return of materials to the archive.

TFG's first rally since the raid was pretty predictable.

Did you know the DOJ and FBI are "vicious monsters"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones
    One of the pundits on MSNBC mentioned that the person responsible for securing all documents in the WH was let go a month before Trump left office, leaving no one in charge. Documents were then thrown willy-nilly into boxes and shipped off to Florida.
    And then he refused to cooperate with NARA to return all government-owned property. And there is also the issue of the classified documents found in his office desk drawer along with his passport.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

He's toast because he's in a jam.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

He'd steal the towels from the Whitehouse bathroom if he thought he could turn a good profit from them.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Is he starting to get browned off yet?
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    I would love to be in on the jury deliberations. Of course, for being honest during the voir dire, I'd be excused. It seems weird to think that a court could assemble a dozen jurors who haven't been following the news and made a conclusion about mango mussolini's treason. It would be a hoot, knowing I'd be excused, to come to court after the jury summons in orange face-paint with goggle eyes and a cheap hair-piece. 'Your honor, I swear I haven't watched any news for six years as I was busy getting tanned. Who is this Chump everyone interested in?'
    There's a story about an Aussie Olympics sailing team who were leading the event, certain gold, and a shackle broke, disabling the boat. One team member placed the shackle remains in his backyard and pixxed on it every night. After 6 months, the other team member took the shackle home and did the same.

I suspect Trump's future will be something like that.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    There's a story about an Aussie Olympics sailing team who were leading the event, certain gold, and a shackle broke, disabling the boat. One team member placed the shackle remains in his backyard and pixxed on it every night. After 6 months, the other team member took the shackle home and did the same.

I suspect Trump's future will be something like that.
    I need the definition of "pixxed" to understand this post. Not an American expression, so I am ignorant. Thanks.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

I need the definition of "pixxed" to understand this post. Not an American expression, so I am ignorant. Thanks.
    Family forum change, replace the x's with s's...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

.........resulting in very smelly, soggy toast!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Family forum change, replace the x's with s's...
    OK, now I see. If dollar signs ($) had been used, my dull little mind would have figured it out.

Trump's pet judge just granted him a special master.
    A huge win for him but I wonder how it really affects the investigation.
    DoJ and FBI have already been through all this stuff.
    Can the DoJ go forward or do they have to come to a total stop until the special master is done
    which could be many months.

Trump's pet judge just granted him a special master.
    A huge win for him but I wonder how it really affects the investigation.
    DoJ and FBI have already been through all this stuff.
    Can the DoJ go forward or do they have to come to a total stop until the special master is done
    which could be many months.
    From what I’ve read the investigation comes to a screeching halt. Gotta find a master, both sides then have to agree on a master. Master needs TS clearance, gotta decide how to compensate the master……….

How long will this take? Here ya go.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...mtheme=generic
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Delay was the entire point. DOJ may appeal.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

All the special master is for is to determine if any of the personal type stuff is his personal stuff. It won't let him get anything back from them, if they somehow mistakenly got his photo of Xi or Putin's brown weenie. Absolutely everything that is an actual presidential communication that belongs in the national archive still belongs there. There is still no way for him to justify having any of the classified stuff, and he can special-master his ass for as long as he wants, it won't change that. The doofus committed multiple counts of felonies and he's not gonna be able weasel out of that, no matter who he knows. His string is run out, and he's a toasted turd sandwich. A hot brown turd between two hot brown turds, wrapped in a saucy brown turd burrito. Done. Finished. Wanle. All in. Crapped out. And no where to run, nowhere to hide. Cancelled.

And now that the DoJ has all the actual evidence it needs, one, the highly classified stuff that he was in illegal possession of, and two, that he's mishandled and 'lost' a bunch of what they knew he had taken and were looking for. There's no time machine, no excuse. He should've known better, and his people should've known, and it won't matter at all to his prosecution whether it was a function of his criminal intent, or just plain stupidly arrogant ignorance, or even if he could try to argue that he was only negligent and it was someone else who did the purloining.

IMHO.

But, but, but... unprecedented. I like that Barr made the point, rather simply and not nearly forcefully enough, but true, that, so what, his taking the stuff at all was also unprecedented. As has been everything connected with that miserable grifting gaslighting immoral evil pumpkin-faced maroon. And that's why I think he's got an in with Satan, and the whole world is nearing the boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38
    From what I’ve read the investigation comes to a screeching halt. Gotta find a master, both sides then have to agree on a master. Master needs TS clearance, gotta decide how to compensate the master……….

How long will this take? Here ya go.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...mtheme=generic
    I suspect that the DOJ already has sufficient to criminally indict Trump.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

There aren't many certainties in life but I'm damned sure that if Trump runs again, Jim's not gonna vote for him.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Sure, but they won't. And even if they did and won, Trump would appeal, and Trump's supreme court would draw that out for years, enough time for Trump to be president again and install a compliant AG. The fix is in. All that's left is to go through motions to preserve an illusion of justice. It's over. I wish I was wrong.

When the radicalized punk rushed the stage to attack Salman Rushdie with a knife, it happened in an auditorium packed to hear the author’s lecture. And still, by law and American custom, the kid is technically innocent until proven guilty beyond a doubt in a court of law, and so, in spite of all those eye witnesses and even video recording of the incident, the media, by honorable convention, still refers to him as a ‘suspect’ ‘alleged’ to have committed that crime. Even as he, the attacker, expressed dismay that he hadn’t killed his victim as he had intended. FFS. Same with the assassination of Japan’s former PM recently. Did it in front of a crowd of sober witnesses, captured by multiple news cameras. Still must be referred to as a suspect even though there couldn’t possibly be any doubt this side of the twilight zone. Zero doubt of guilt. None.

trmp’s situation is like that. There is zero doubt as to his guilt regarding his possession of classified materials he was not allowed to have, having taken them from the White House illegally. That isn’t in dispute, but he still gets the unwarranted respect, not of him, but paid to the Constitution and our democracy, of due process. I would bet my house (if I owned it) that he is guilty and will be charged and prosecuted and found guilty without doubt, in court, of multiple felonies.

I repeat: no special master, nor any delay of legal proceedings, is going to stop that result. His ONLY way out is by death or Biden pardoning him. So, toastaroo, toast a mundo, toast with stinky cheese and dainty crackers on the side. He was caught in flagrante delicto, red-handed, with his tiny, bloodstained hand in the till and with his his pants down. It would be impossible to find in the history of criminal jurisprudence anyone more guilty than donald j fckwit trmp. I would bet your loan shark’s house on it.

One crumb at a time.
    Rick

And not even the craven R packed SCOTUS has enough whatever to try to contravene the decision that is sure as the sun rising and then setting again. And, further, unless we really are in some bizarre parallel universe, no one in any position of authority related to this is going to attempt to derail the legal certainty due to fear of his base’s reprisal, even if his girlfriend Lindsey threatens an angry uprising and blood in the streets. Time to stop the handringing despair and cynicism.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bflat View Post
    Sure, but they won't. And even if they did and won, Trump would appeal, and Trump's supreme court would draw that out for years, enough time for Trump to be president again and install a compliant AG. The fix is in. All that's left is to go through motions to preserve an illusion of justice. It's over. I wish I was wrong.
    Maybe. FACT is they are getting convictions on those who attacked the Capital, which suggests they can get a conviction on Trump.

What the special master decisions means seems to depend upon who you ask.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    There aren't many certainties in life but I'm damned sure that if Trump runs again, Jim's not gonna vote for him.
    Ya got me.

The special master means a delay. And the sycophant judge knows that.

So, toastaroo, toast a mundo, toast with stinky cheese and dainty crackers on the side. He was caught in flagrante delicto, red-handed, with his tiny, bloodstained hand in the till and with his his pants down. It would be impossible to find in the history of criminal jurisprudence anyone more guilty than donald j fckwit trmp. I would bet your loan shark’s house on it.
    Hahaha! Jim you should write poetry- your way with words- you have a gift

Quote Originally Posted by JayInOz View Post
    Hahaha! Jim you should write poetry- your way with words- you have a gift
    Thanks, Jay. Did you see my doggerel, ode to P?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Yeah there's my question... can they proceed with indictment based on some limited amount of unquestionably-admissible evidence? or does this indefinite-hold last long enough for trump to complicate things by actually officially declaring his 2024 candidacy?

(yes I know that causes all campaign finance laws to apply which significantly restricts his fundraising, but he may see that as the lesser evil, at some point he'll need to shift from grift mode to actual strategic maneuver mode)
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

I think he will tease his candidacy for as long as possible for the exact reason you mention. Why would he want to have to restrict his fundraising? He is going to need a LOT of money for legal fees and he cant use campaign funds for that. In the meantime he is raising a ton of money from the demented red hats.

Anyone else a little bit irked that a federal judge issued an order on a federal holiday? What's that all about?
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    Anyone else a little bit irked that a federal judge issued an order on a federal holiday? What's that all about?
    As if no one was paying attention. It's like waiting until Congress is waiting on the last day before their recess, filibustering until midnight, and then introducing some monumental bill that would get axed if it came up in the usual course of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I've no problem with it. Judges have issued things like this on weekends before.
    I say sooner rather than later is good. It gives the DoJ one more day to respond.
    The general public might not be aware of what's happening on a weekend or holiday, but the DoJ and all
    interested parties are, which is what counts.

When I lived on Long Island and the town was required to announce a town meeting on a subject that they didn't want
    people to know about, they would publish the required-by-law announcement in an obscure little newspaper that very few people read. Now, that was not right, but it was a Republican run county, so honesty mattered very little.

I've no problem with it. Judges have issued things like this on weekends before.
    I say sooner rather than later is good. It gives the DoJ one more day to respond.
    The general public might not be aware of what's happening on a weekend or holiday, but the DoJ and all
    interested parties are, which is what counts.

When I lived on Long Island and the town was required to announce a town meeting on a subject that they didn't want
    people to know about, they would publish the required-by-law announcement in an obscure little newspaper that very few people read. Now, that was not right, but it was a Republican run county, so honesty mattered very little.
    A town in Addison County tried that a while back (quite a while). Next town meeting a resolution was passed to fire the entire selectboard & hold new elections. A month later every one of the board members was gone.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Recognize - this 'judge' is one of, perhaps the last Federal Judge trump appoionted - senate voted on her, after he had left office. She is a true believer, and undoubtedly, is flagrantly disregarding the law in this situation.

Shocking, I know.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

As if no one was paying attention........
    Jim, I bet DOJ was paying very close attention, regardless of the holiday.
    "George Washington as a boy
    was ignorant of the commonest
    accomplishments of youth.
    He could not even lie."

-- Mark Twain