Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67817 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is Toast

Default Re: Trump is Toast

We have about four, actually, although our system compresses them into two. We have the left (center-left most other places, but I'm using the US scale) Bernie Sanders and the like, and centrists tending left like Biden, both Democrats. The Republicans have the halfway-reasonable right wondering what hit them, and the recently-resurgent lunatic right that Trump has made loud and proud. The latter has Christian nationalist elements, some actual fascists, nativists, some of which are as racist as they can get away with, remnants of the Confederacy, all sorts of unpleasant things that we had hoped were fading away.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 08-06-2022 at 09:34 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secr...ry?id=88045692

The J6 committee now has the phone numbers of secret service agents, which they can now use to determine which information to request or subpoena from phone providers, respecting data erased for Jan 5-6 etc.

This is, imo, big. Numbers which link to phones the J6 committee already knows ... like Meadows', or Pence's, or Pences' staff, or Alex Jones, or Rudy, Roger Stone, Tarrio, Rhoads, etc etc...

The actual texts will come out. Mark this day, I think.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Trump is Toast

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secr...ry?id=88045692

The J6 committee now has the phone numbers of secret service agents, which they can now use to determine which information to request or subpoena from phone providers, respecting data erased for Jan 5-6 etc.

This is, imo, big. Numbers which link to phones the J6 committee already knows ... like Meadows', or Pence's, or Pences' staff, or Alex Jones, or Rudy, Roger Stone, Tarrio, Rhoads, etc etc...

The actual texts will come out. Mark this day, I think.

Just the phone numbers by themselves will provide useful intelligence. From those, it can be determined

- where and when people were located (triangulation off cell tower pings)
    - who called who when, and for how long,
    - who messaged who, and when.

That establishes a communication network. And all that can be sequenced to establish a timeline.

That sort of signals intelligence is very useful stuff, even without the actual contents of text messages.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

It seems that the slow march to insurance and/or tax fraud charges has continued...

Appraisal firm which was held in contempt for defying subpoena has now turned over nearly 36,000 documents to NY AG
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

I wonder if the FBI took apart the plumbing at Mara-Lego today.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

The FBI raid has been covered in this forum thread: http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...02-Mar-a-Largo

......however to maintain a continuity of significant events pertaining to the toasting of the former POTUS Trump m posting this video of Glen Kirschner's

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

prev | next
    Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
    (b)Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.

Yes, thanks sonofswen. This is the big one from the quote above:

............and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.

So Trump is in a very vulnerable position. This presents a legally efficient and neat method that is entirely justifiable and above board, of putting an end to Trump's efforts of State Capture.
    Last edited by Hallam; 08-09-2022 at 12:34 AM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

did I hear a screw turn?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

https://www.businessinsider.com/fede...returns-2022-8

... and the pressure on Trump grows.

Quote Originally Posted by AndanteEd View Post

What! A simple bit of Federal law means what it's words say it means? That's just crazy talk.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by AndanteEd View Post

Is that the end of it or can Trump take it to a higher Appeals Court or the Supreme Court?
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Is that the end of it or can Trump take it to a higher Appeals Court or the Supreme Court?
    If so, will he pay his lawyers?
    The faithful may cough up as usual; can't see The Donald paying.

The crazy MAGA crowd is gonna foment some ugly violence when they snap the cuffs on TFG.

Quote Originally Posted by willin woodworks View Post
    The crazy MAGA crowd is gonna foment some ugly violence when they snap the cuffs on TFG.
    May it be met with the full force of justice.

Shades of that other crook, Al Capone, getting nailed for tax evasion.

I heard Al Capone threw spaghetti when he was angry

A link to the CNN article: Mike Pence says FBI search of Trump’s home raises ‘deep concern,’ urges Garland to explain

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/penc...jUiksH314rUqNw

Someone needs to explain to Mike Pence that Donald Trump has a copy of the search warrant, which will include a description of what was searched for as well as what crimes the FBI believe were committed. Mr. Trump is perfectly free to release the contents of the search warrant to the public whenever he wants.

I suggest no one hold his breath waiting for that to happen.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

The left swamp creatures have been trying to toast Trump for 6 years now, how's the history on that been working out?

^
    Keep whistling past the graveyard.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
    The left swamp creatures have been trying to toast Trump for 6 years now, how's the history on that been working out?
    With his zombie base, or with folks with functional neurons?

There's no debate in the neurally intact fact-based community. Nor even among his own senior West Wing people who've to a degree retained their commitment to the rule of law etc., and testified under oath about what happened in their presence. Cipollone, Barr, etc.

If you don't actually want the rule of law though, or the Constitution's various protections, then Trump's your guy. Ain't he, woodpile?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF
    There's no debate in the neurally intact fact-based community.
    “It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled.” – Mark Twain.

seems to be going alright.

how was cpac?

With his zombie base, or with folks with functional neurons?

There's no debate in the neurally intact fact-based community. Nor even among his own senior West Wing people who've to a degree retained their commitment to the rule of law etc., and testified under oath about what happened in their presence. Cipollone, Barr, etc.

If you don't actually want the rule of law though, or the Constitution's various protections, then Trump's your guy. Ain't he, woodpile?
    And where might that community be, CNN, MSNBC? The "rule of law"?, did they confiscate Trumps private server in his closet with classified material on it, the hammers he destroyed his cell phones with, his bleachbit?
    You're obviously referring to the "rule of law" that ONLY applies to to where the left wants it to.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    seems to be going alright.

how was cpac?
    CPAC was great, Trump is the nominee for 2024, the lefts greatest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpile
    "Greatest fear?" Nonsense. He lost by a landslide in 2018. He hasn't gained any voters since then. I suspect he will be defending himself in criminal court by the time November 2024 rolls along. DeSantis will be the nominee.

Ask Trump what the FBI was looking for. He knows.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 08-09-2022 at 04:48 PM.

And where might that community be, CNN, MSNBC?
    American patriots. Your treasonous grifter and president-for-life wannabe is going down.

Woody, virtually every J6 witness is a hand-picked Trump high ranking aide. The ones who aren't are the hand-picked aides of those aides. Or people who have spent decades in Republican senior positions in various state houses, and worked like hell to try to get Trump elected in 2020.

They've got the moral injury of having been a Trump stalwart through much of the policy implementation I personally find odious, but hey, back then they agreed with you. They're your people.

Trouble is, they still recognize the law is the law, and courts are courts. Whoever appointed the judges, or cast the ballots.

The neurally intact community includes people like Judge Luttig, what seems to be the entire group of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a rather stunning number of Federal judges appointed by every one of the past 4 Presidents or so, who have heard the cases Trump's folks started bringing just after the election, and ruled against Trump's side about 60:2.

Let's try you, woody. Do you actually think that Italian satellites coordinated through smart thermostats in people's homes were used to alter election tabulation in Wisconsin and Michigan?

Really?

1. Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?

2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

And where might that community be, CNN, MSNBC? The "rule of law"?, did they confiscate Trumps private server in his closet with classified material on it, the hammers he destroyed his cell phones with, his bleachbit?
    You're obviously referring to the "rule of law" that ONLY applies to to where the left wants it to.
    So, if Trump treated classified documents worse than Clinton, you'll be chanting 'lock him up,' right?

Interesting how those who fought the idea of defunding the police now want to defund the FBI.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Woody, virtually every J6 witness is a hand-picked Trump high ranking aide. The ones who aren't are the hand-picked aides of those aides. Or people who have spent decades in Republican senior positions in various state houses, and worked like hell to try to get Trump elected in 2020.

They've got the moral injury of having been a Trump stalwart through much of the policy implementation I personally find odious, but hey, back then they agreed with you. They're your people.

Trouble is, they still recognize the law is the law, and courts are courts. Whoever appointed the judges, or cast the ballots.

The neurally intact community includes people like Judge Luttig, what seems to be the entire group of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a rather stunning number of Federal judges appointed by every one of the past 4 Presidents or so, who have heard the cases Trump's folks started bringing just after the election, and ruled against Trump's side about 60:2.

Let's try you, woody. Do you actually think that Italian satellites coordinated through smart thermostats in people's homes were used to alter election tabulation in Wisconsin and Michigan?

Really?
    You mean that committee that was hand picked by Pelosi and wouldn't allow any ranking republicans on it, just a couple RINOS. a committee that consisted of a prosecution without any defense. Don't preach to me your version of "no one above the law" because that's exactly what it is, selective justice.

You mean that committee that was hand picked by Pelosi and wouldn't allow any ranking republicans on it, just a couple RINOS. a committee that consisted of a prosecution without any defense. Don't preach to me your version of "no one above the law" because that's exactly what it is, selective justice.
    Selective justice? Sure. Selective justice to those who choose to break the law.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Every accusation by these clowns is a confession about their own behavior.

Eric Trump inadvertently reveals that his father corruptly wielded power over the Department of Justice in inappropriate ways: https://twitter.com/i/status/1557144616264208385