Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New kit-car, based on the Miata

Default Re: New kit-car, based on the Miata

Saw a car on the principal arterial street in Rockford having a strong resemblance to the OP, but with headlights, tail-lights, and cycle fenders. Actually it was modeled like a typical dirt track racer, prior to overhead wing development.

This rig used to drive in Seattle area parades
    A2682B0D-FEA2-4A02-880C-7C87636181A3.jpg
    The Algorithm Is Watching

^ Jim, was that fabricated by Close Enough Engineering, used to be in South Lake Union, just across from CWB?
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Attachment 75985
    To be fair, we are at least partially to blame. Iím the reason these dumb kids think VWs are practical and reliable everyday transportation.

I just hope I can convince my buddy to come out of retirement to build Quad a motor.

ETA: heís in there, crammed in the back. The entire car is loaded for bear. This was a second gear trip, because the grade was so steep and the car so burdened.
    My first camping trip was with my dad and brothers in a 1960 vw bug up in Tehachapi. Your rig is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    My first camping trip was with my dad and brothers in a 1960 vw bug up in Tehachapi. Your rig is beautiful.
    Thanks, Brother. Her grandparents have camped in the same spot for 50+ years; her mom grew up camping there, she grew up camping there, and ours have, as well. The same spot, on the same lake.

It’s pretty cool, because the people, clothes, and cars change, but the backyard always looks the same. Haha.

Sadly, the boat, the car, and all those young people are no more; we all grew up.

Now we’re more grey, and we have to tow a trailer for the stuff because the kids and dog fill the entire, modern suv. There are still boats on the trailer, though. Of some kind.

Thanks, Brother. Her grandparents have camped in the same spot for 50+ years; her mom grew up camping there, she grew up camping there, and ours have, as well. The same spot, on the same lake.

It’s pretty cool, because the people, clothes, and cars change, but the backyard always looks the same. Haha.

Sadly, the boat, the car, and all those young people are no more; we all grew up.

Now we’re more grey, and we have to tow a trailer for the stuff because the kids and dog fill the entire, modern suv. There are still boats on the trailer, though. Of some kind.
    wait you mean that pic isn’t now? Now is where it’s at.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    wait you mean that pic isnít now? Now is where itís at.
    No, this was the first year we havenít all camped as a family. There are no ďnowĒ camping photos.

No, this was the first year we haven’t all camped as a family. There are no “now” camping photos.
    Tragic, with so many parts adding to the tragedy. Fire, plague, civil unrest.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    ^ Jim, was that fabricated by Close Enough Engineering, used to be in South Lake Union, just across from CWB?
    I think it might have been. It’s the guy who made the red high heel car.
    8DEEBB61-A808-4BBC-8B6D-100E8BD4F0BE.jpg
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    This rig used to drive in Seattle area parades
    A2682B0D-FEA2-4A02-880C-7C87636181A3.jpg
    Interesting that it has an Alfa badge.Do you suppose he got the idea from this?

SAM_0302.jpg