Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 pardons

Default Re: 20 pardons

Incredibly stupid system, whether Jeff agrees or not!
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Make the GOP proud Donald!

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    strawman fallacy
    I know. I've pointed that out to you before, but you persist anyway.

You argue like so many teenagers I've worked with, maintaining (in your mind) "plausible deniability" while wrongly assuming that what you are implying isn't blatantly obvious to everyone listening. Or did you have some actually valid reason for directly linking Sanders' comments about the Democratic party to what Trump is doing with his pardons?

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    Add Stone and Manafort to the list, just announced...
    So, now that these two have been pardoned, they can be compelled to testify about what they know against others, correct?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

NPR is reporting he parDoned 25 more of his criminal cabal last night. Finally, we see what he meant by "drain the swamp"!

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I just read about Nisur Square massacre.
    You seem to be 13 years behind the curve. Before you go attacking other people about what they may post that you know nothing about, you might find it in your own interest to make some research before making a fool of yourself, again.

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    I know. I've pointed that out to you before, but you persist anyway.

You argue like so many teenagers I've worked with, maintaining (in your mind) "plausible deniability" while wrongly assuming that what you are implying isn't blatantly obvious to everyone listening. Or did you have some actually valid reason for directly linking Sanders' comments about the Democratic party to what Trump is doing with his pardons?

Tom
    my valid reason for mentioning it here is to remind people that trump's base is not "the working class", the stuff trump "does" is not to anyone else's benefit unless it benefits himself, and bernie doesn't have a clue.

but i didn't "blame bernie for trump's pardons". that is an actual strawman.
    Last edited by L.W. Baxter; 12-24-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    So, now that these two have been pardoned, they can be compelled to testify about what they know against others, correct?
    They can still claim, in both federal and state prosecutions, the 5th (privilege against self-incrimination) as to state charges. But a judge decides if the privilege applies in the situation.

Federal or state, prosecutors can argue that acceptance of the pardon is evidence of knowledge of guilt. Jury considers that as evidence of criminal intent, of the defendant; not a witness.

Strengthens the state's position WRT plea bargaining.

What I wonder is if the US can step in and assert executive privilege.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    No, designed that way Rick, so that only 'suitable persons' could ascend to the Presidency. 'Suitable person' at the time meant part of the elite, rich, slave owning and likely to look after those of a similar bent.
    False.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Flobart View Post
    You seem to be 13 years behind the curve. Before you go attacking other people about what they may post that you know nothing about, you might find it in your own interest to make some research before making a fool of yourself, again.
    ???

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/202...newday-vpx.cnn
    “Perpetual optimism is a force to live by.”

Colin Powell

Oh, Flobart just doesn't like me pointing out that his bilge postings are indistinguishable from those of a paid Russian troll. And FWIW, I read about the events in Nisur Square shortly after it happened, but there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Ahhhh.

That interview with a survivor is very powerful. I wasn't happy before I saw it and now I'm super PO'ed about two scoops freeing those murderers.

Future security team?
    “Perpetual optimism is a force to live by.”

Colin Powell

Former acting FBI chief says Trump pardons are undermining justice: 'It's remarkably disgusting'

Speaking to CNN, Mr McCabe said the president "is actively engaged in undermining the system of justice that he is supposed to protect and defend."

"These pardons are essentially the culmination of those acts of obstruction of justice," that was cited in the Mueller report, he added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1778807.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)