Thread: The poster boy for Trumpism.

Default The poster boy for Trumpism.

Look up the word "Trumpkin" in the dictionary and it will be illustrated with a photo of United States Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI).

Here is an example of his servile cluelessness in response to United States Attorney General William Barr stating the Department of Justice has found no evidence of widespread election fraud:

Ron Johnson said the attorney general should “show everybody” his evidence about no mass fraud because “there’s enough suspicions” and “irregularities” there.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/13...675866639?s=20
    Hey Ron! You should show everybody your evidence that you do not beat your wife.

You just cannot make up this dumb дерьмо.

This is rock solid evidence that one cannot be too stupid to be elected to the U.S. Senate.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 12-02-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Default Re: The poster boy for Trumpism.

I'm not a fan of Rob Portman but I'll take him over Johnson any day.

No evidence is not evidence of no evidence.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

My Congress critter, Jim Jordan, is also a Trumpkin. But he is not stupid, merely a rabid fascist.

Ron Johnson is a dunce. Which makes him a perfect representative of the lowing Trumpkin herd.

I don't have unbannable words.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quite a star they've hitched their wagon to.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Senator for the ignorant bigoted rabble.

"Lots of people are saying . . . "
    Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.

-- James Madison, Federalist 55

just how low can we reset the bar?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Senator for the ignorant bigoted rabble.

"Lots of people are saying . . . "
    Yes, Johnson is a narrow-minded, bigoted, and generally despicable person. I'm ashamed to think he is one of my representatives in Washington.

When he defeated Russ Feingold in 2010 and again in 2016 I completely lost faith in the intelligence and integrity of most of my fellow Wisconsonites.

I find it telling that, after writing to him several times on various issues (always in opposition to his presumed position, and once chastising him for a vote I found particularly egregious), I have never received a response or acknowledgement of any kind.

- John

He even looks like a stunned mullet!

Quote Originally Posted by LongJohn View Post
    Yes, Johnson is a narrow-minded, bigoted, and generally despicable person. I'm ashamed to think he is one of my representatives in Washington.

When he defeated Russ Feingold in 2010 and again in 2016 I completely lost faith in the intelligence and integrity of most of my fellow Wisconsonites.

I find it telling that, after writing to him several times on various issues (always in opposition to his presumed position, and once chastising him for a vote I found particularly egregious), I have never received a response or acknowledgement of any kind.

- John
    I have received a reply from my senators & representative every single time I've written/emailed. Of course they're evil Dems or Independents.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Garret -

That has been my experience as well. Every contact with every elected representative at all levels has been acknowledged - sometimes with a handwritten note - and often with perpetual emails after the initial response. But not with Ron Johnson - not a peep.

I'm tempted to write Johnson in support of something he favors, just to see if that generates some sort of response. ;-)

- John

Quote Originally Posted by LongJohn View Post

- John
    The challenge is to challenge the ignorant bigotry and recover the human. As Syed said once, IIRC, "Destroy the argument but save the man." Problem is, it's not an argument, it's a social identity. Reason may not care for such things but humans do.
    Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.

-- James Madison, Federalist 55