Thread: need help finding a particular picture from a Ben Mendlowitz calendar

Default need help finding a particular picture from a Ben Mendlowitz calendar

There is a wonderful photo in a Wooden Boat Calendar that sticks in my mind. It was of a old sharpie (of course) sailing through a marsh with a Labrador in the bow. I only know it was pre 2005. I've had no luck finding a site showing all his photos for sale. Any direction appreciated. Mack
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Default Re: need help finding a particular picture from a Ben Mendlowitz calendar

Go to this address, https://woodenboatscalendar.com/contact-us/ Ask the man himself.

Default Re: need help finding a particular picture from a Ben Mendlowitz calendar

I think Whitney's Beach is the name of the boat. I will look for the calendar and see if that's the one.

Wow! Thank you smack!
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

May 2006 calendar - Sharpie with bowsprit and black lab in the bow. Sound like it? If it is that's Kate in the bow and taken in salt marshes outside Watch Hill Rhode Island.

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    May 2006 calendar - Sharpie with bowsprit and black lab in the bow. Sound like it? If it is that's Kate in the bow and taken in salt marshes outside Watch Hill Rhode Island.
    That sounds like it! There can't be too many similar photos. Thank you so much smack!

Checked it out and you are completely correct. Thanks again.
    Last edited by leaotis; 12-10-2020 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add update
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Mark Twain

There are, however, more photos of that boat.

Hope you found the picture!

I did thank you. smack knew the pic as well as the lab in the bow!
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Mark Twain

The internet, and boat nuts, collide to make a unique experiment in the time/space continuum. A couple of months ago someone on Facebook had written a couple of posts about building a skiff--and another individual posted a photo of a lovely, jaunty boat ripping along like it was meant to do. I immediately recognized Tiempo and found a video on Youtube, which I posted for them. They were quite surprised.
    Re-naming straits as necessary.

Wow, cool, thanks davebrown.
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Mark Twain