Thread: Flexible Water tank

Default Flexible Water tank

Is it possible to fit a flexible water bladder and draw water from it using one of those manual water pump/tap. Difference in height would be about 18” from bladder to tap. Does the tap draw water by vacuum or would it pressurize tank then another pipe carries water to outlet. This is for a 22’ trailer sailer. Don’t want electric.

Default Re: Flexible Water tank

Theoretically yes, though I’m not talking from any experience of fitting and using one so take it for what it’s worth (and it may somewhat depend on the pump), but a manual pump isn’t really doing anything differently than an electric pump in that it’s still sucking water from the tank, either as a diaphragm pump or a piston pump. Those bladder tanks don’t have a pick up pipe so as long as there’s no air in the bladder it should work as well as an electric pump.
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Surely ,did it for a decade or two with a manual pump, doing again now with a 12v. Great things, don't need a breather.
    There is no pressure involved, it all sucks.
    Incidental, I used a plastimo brand bladder, it lasted ooo say 20 years and then became brittle and popped a corner. I'm happy with that and replaced it with the same in 2018.
    Last edited by John B; 11-22-2020 at 11:03 PM.

I have a bladder on my glass boat. So far, so good and I use a manual pump lifting ~ 20".

Bladder tanks work fine. It’s good to have a vent so they can burp themselves.

I had bladder tanks (ex military new). Tough as. We had 4 under the house between the stumps. Don't remember the size.