Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live blogging trumper tantrums

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Default Re: Live blogging trumper tantrums

It’s not yet clear what’s going on in Iran. Bears watching.

Iran scientist's assassination appears intended to undermine nuclear deal

Analysis: shooting of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh will do more harm to diplomacy than it does to Iran’s nuclear programme

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...en-fakhrizadeh

At the risk of repeating myself, this is not NEARLY over.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Woodward View Post
    Perhaps to scramble and cook the books in order to cover their embezzlement.
    Could be - though I'd think any embezzlement would be easily discovered? I have to believe that Cris' "salt the fields" comment is pretty accurate. Trump wants to do everything he can to make things more difficult for Biden & could care less about damage done to the country.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

…and there's 70 million Americans out there that couldn't care less either.

Pull it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    ... Trump wants to do everything he can to make things more difficult for Biden & could care less about damage done to the country.
    Bookending the way he trashed everything Obama had done. I used to think that he hired the big money corporate folks, whom the various federal agencies were founded to watch, as a pseudo-ideological part of his autocracy bid. Oil company CEOs to oversee the interior dept, a rich heiress who thinks an ivory tower is where the elephants come from to be the Secretary of Education.

Now I think that it's just his version of putting his name, as he supposes, above anyone else's for whatever reason. Which is why it will frost his lard arse to hear that Biden may be getting a Nobel. We can probably pop his noggin if we promote the idea, such that he gets wind of it, in memes, on protest posters, etc, just by reminding him that Biden is expected to get a Nobel—for just not being Trump. The way the Irishman got one just for not being W.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    It’s not yet clear what’s going on in Iran. Bears watching.

[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...en-fakhrizadeh

Donald is poisoning the well for future diplomatic efforts. Like when Cheney/Bush pushed through for the invasion, it wouldn’t matter if Kerry was elected in 2004 the deed would be done. It won’t matter that Biden is in, the damage is done.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Woodward View Post
    Perhaps to scramble and cook the books in order to cover their embezzlement.
    The embezzlement is out in the open, in the form of extraordinary payments made to his properties.

This one is more pure spite. He’s doing this to clear out the “Deep State” which, among other things, included the OMB staff who blew the whistle about his attempt to extort Ukraine for assistance in smearing Biden.

Remember Ukraine? Impeached December 18, 2019, acquitted February 5, 2020. 2020 has been rotten from end to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Could be - though I'd think any embezzlement would be easily discovered? I have to believe that Cris' "salt the fields" comment is pretty accurate. Trump wants to do everything he can to make things more difficult for Biden & could care less about damage done to the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    Bookending the way he trashed everything Obama had done. I used to think that he hired the big money corporate folks, whom the various federal agencies were founded to watch, as a pseudo-ideological part of his autocracy bid. Oil company CEOs to oversee the interior dept, a rich heiress who thinks an ivory tower is where the elephants come from to be the Secretary of Education.

Now I think that it's just his version of putting his name, as he supposes, above anyone else's for whatever reason. Which is why it will frost his lard arse to hear that Biden may be getting a Nobel. We can probably pop his noggin if we promote the idea, such that he gets wind of it, in memes, on protest posters, etc, just by reminding him that Biden is expected to get a Nobel—for just not being Trump. The way the Irishman got one just for not being W.
    As noted by Masha Gessen, Authoritarian attempts tend to be cumulative.

The more damage he does, the easier the next attempt becomes.

A healthy US would never have elected that POS.

We are in VERY deep doodoo.
    Rattling the teacups.

CNN has been running a series called "The First Ladies". Last evening's episode was about Michelle Obama. If Trump watched, he must be going apoplectic today. If so, watch for an avalanche of vitriol about Ms. Obama...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...