Thread: Billboards in Time Square

Default Billboards in Time Square

If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: Billboards in Time Square

“Cuomo didn’t pound the phones hard enough to get PPE for his state…. His people are going to suffer and that’s their problem,” Kushner reportedly said, according to Vanity Fair."

Cuomo + his people = [ New Yorkers]
    The Algorithm Is Watching

just..wow>>> His people are going to suffer and that’s their problem,” Kushner reportedly said

Can you help a brother out with a non-twitter version?
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

I was amused by this anti-Biden billboard

Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

I don't remember where I first heard this line: I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him if he was on fire. The Trump clan makes me feel like, oh, well, yeah, I would. I searched the depths of my soul for a few seconds and concluded that if Trump were actually across the street and on fire, I would hustle right over to piss on him. I'd have a big gulp or two on the way over.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Personally, I'd beat the fire out with a shovel.

Oh Jared, you and the Trump family killed through incompetence. Hey, but they got an anti abortion SC judge.

https://www.businessinsider.com/docu...rce-2020-10-07

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/u...ronavirus.html

The fumbling search for new supplies — heralded by Mr. Trump and Mr. Kushner as a way to pipe private-sector hustle and accountability into the hidebound federal bureaucracy — became a case study of Mr. Trump’s style of governing, in which personal relationships and loyalty are often prized over governmental expertise, and private interests are granted extraordinary access and deference.

One Twitter guy said "I texted that letter from Jared/Ivanka to a very senior Federal litigator I know. He responded that sending such to George Conway was what they refer to their clients as a 'very poor life choice.'"
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Last edited by woodpile; 10-24-2020 at 07:55 AM.

We do live in interesting times.

We need to remember that not all states have to have electors reflect the vote count.

Hard to understand how anyone in this country still supports Republicans.
    Can we have him keel hauled?

Jared and Ivanka Kushner are not private citizens. As official advisors to the President of the United States with offices in the Whitehouse, they are politicians. As such the chances of them winning a libel lawsuit are nil.

I love this part of The Lincoln Project's response to the threat of a lawsuit: “It is unsurprising that an administration that has never had any regard or understanding of our Constitution would try to trample on our first amendment rights, but we fully intend on making this civics lesson as painful as possible.”

yes, the higher you go on the political food chain, the less protections from Libel you get. The President enjoys almost none at all. You can mock him to your heart's content all he can do is sit back and take it.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Some of the twitter comments below the Kasowitz letter indicate that he does not have a legacy of success among the NY legal community.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Comment online
    ”Imagine if Jared and Ivanka had reacted as quickly to covid19 as they did to this billboard”

Its a spurious stupid legal threat, but right in line with current Republican contempt for free speech

Might not be the best use of resources, though; latest polls show Biden ahead by more than 30 POINTS (!) in New York. Trump has more chance of getting me to vote for him than he does of winning NY (and I already voted). OTOH, it may be one of the Lincoln Project ads designed to provoke Trump and get him to do even more stupid things.

Last edited by Keith Wilson; 10-24-2020 at 02:02 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Personally, I'd beat the fire out with a shovel.
    I've heard that pitchforks work even better for this particular purpose.

^ (Keith) It may be NYC but look at all the free publicity elsewhere. Like here.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Might not be the best use of resources, though; latest polls show Biden ahead by more than 30 POINTS (!) in New York. Trump has more chance of getting me to vote for him than he does of winning NY (and I already voted). OTOH, it may be one of the Lincoln Project ads designed to provoke Trump and get him to do even more stupid things.

I think you hit the nail right on the head
    Don't worry I'm happy

"The law is what we have to live with.
    Justice is sometimes harder to achieve."

Sherlock Holmes

Discount slenderman and princess fail stepping on rakes.

I think, Keith, that the billboards were put up not for New York viewers, but because as New Yorkers the Trumps and Kushners would be especially stung by the placement. And their expected response, which unfolded as anticipated, would bring a huge "Streisand effect."

The resulting international visibility is far in excess of any cost of actually putting up the billboards. In effect, the Lincoln Project is doing exactly what Trump has done so effectively in playing the media - over and over again making the story which then squeezes out anything else from this aspect of the news cycle.

In self defence training, we tell students that it isn't tournament sparring . In a street fight, you and the bad guy don't take turns trading clean blows. The objective is to not give the bad guy a turn. Fill all the time in the fight with your stuff.

The Lincoln guys are very good street fighters.

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/statu...541404672?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Oh Jared, you and the Trump family killed through incompetence.
    Don't kid yourself. They aren't the financial geniuses they pretend to be, but they aren't stupid. They can marshal forces. People are not their priorities and a governor who doesn't kiss the ring gets nothing. This is about the shear, unadulterated wielding of power.