Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah Palin is back and it is really really sad....

Default Re: Sarah Palin is back and it is really really sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    That's an insult to blowsy flight attendants.

Seriously.
    In Sullivan's defence, he probably has never deeply pondered blowsy flight attendants the way a significant number of straight men have. .

In my youth I met one or two blowsy flight attendants. And admit that I have ... considered... representations of others,
    alongside pensive librarians, cheerful nurses, etc.

Palin would have never entered my ... thoughts ... as a fine notional example of the genre. But bobbys liked her sweaters, iirc. No accounting for taste.

(Not quite TMI perhaps, but damned close... )
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

She is seriously weird.
    Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

it doesn't say a lot of the people of Alaska that they elected her for Governor. I would hate to think how awful the person she was running against must have been
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

What style is that video? Acid House, Hip-Hop or Break Dance? I though they were things of the past. So late 1980's. So yesterday. Or is it a try at Rap? Is Rap still a thing today? Or is it also already the past?
    Last edited by Henning 4148; 10-23-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    hillary has earned about $300 million in speaking fees in the same exact time frame. . .
    I know they all do it (Reagan certainly made a bundle at it in a short time), but I don't understand how they are worth it apart from outright graft (payment for previous services rendered). Clinton could certainly advise corporations working abroad, but that's not illegal as far as I know. So, why speaking engagements?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    it doesn't say a lot of the people of Alaska that they elected her for Governor. I would hate to think how awful the person she was running against must have been
    And what does it say of the US that we elected Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    That your Electoral College is as bent as a left-handed corkscrew?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I resent that. I'm left-handed, and haven't ever found a left-handed corkscrew.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post

The Donald had both outside help and the fact that Hillary was a love or hate her kind of candidate.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    The Donald had both outside help and the fact that Hillary was a love or hate her kind of candidate.
    That Sarah Palin was even a choice is beyond me.
    Can anyone imagine her as president?

Spare us.
    basil

Can I imagine Palin as the CIC? Imagine a completely unfit individual elected to the office of POTUS? Well now I can. BTW, remember that part of her rep before she was tagged to flesh out McCain's ticket, as Aaska's gubernator she was known as 'Sarah Baracuda?' She was, sorta like numbnuts, a non-insider, she was 'going rogue.'
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Murkowski has reversed her self and will now vote to confirm.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I know they all do it (Reagan certainly made a bundle at it in a short time), but I don't understand how they are worth it apart from outright graft (payment for previous services rendered). Clinton could certainly advise corporations working abroad, but that's not illegal as far as I know. So, why speaking engagements?
    Let me provide an analogy. On wiki page for Darleen Druyun:

U.S. Air Force tanker contract controversy

In May 2003, the United States Air Force announced it would lease 100 KC-767 tankers to replace the oldest 136 of its KC-135s. The 10-year lease would give the USAF the option to purchase the aircraft at the end of the contract. In September 2003, responding to critics who argued that the lease was vastly more expensive than an outright purchase, the United States Department of Defense announced a revised lease. In November 2003, the Air Force decided it would lease 20 KC-767 aircraft and purchase 80 tankers.[4]

After leaving the Air Force in 2003, Druyun took a job with Boeing at an annual salary of $250,000.[5] She also received a $50,000 signing bonus.

In December 2003, the Pentagon announced the project was to be frozen while an investigation of allegations of corruption by Druyun was begun. Druyun pleaded guilty to inflating the price of the contract to favor her future employer and to passing information on the competing Airbus A330 MRTT bid (from EADS). CBS News called it "the biggest Pentagon scandal in 20 years" and said that she pleaded guilty to a felony.[6]

In October 2004, Druyun was sentenced to nine months in federal prison for corruption, fined $5,000, given three years of supervised release, and 150 hours of community service. She began her prison term on January 5, 2005 as inmate number 47614-083.[7] She was released from prison on September 30, 2005.[8]

The scandal led to the firing of Boeing CFO Michael M. Sears and the resignation of Boeing CEO Phil Condit. On February 18, 2005, Sears was sentenced to four months in prison. Boeing ended up paying a $615 million fine for their involvement.[8]

According to The Federal Times, Druyun will still be receiving a federal pension.[9] Druyun was also found guilty in awarding the initial Small Diameter Bomb contract to Boeing.[10]

Donald Rumsfeld
    stated that he was told that "what she did was acquire a great deal of authority and make a lot of decisions, and there was very little adult supervision".[11]
    So you see, speaking fees and other benefits after leaving office, are just "deferred compensation".
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

So, thinking objectively here... first question... was this video posted on Palin's own account? That would give credence to her editing and distributing it... although... she does sound... well... I'm just trying to rule out "deep fakes"...
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

I remember the style now, the short sequences, the hard cuts: The Blair witch project trailer.