Thread: Another Trump tantrum

Default Another Trump tantrum

Now I am REALLY looking forward to Sunday night...

Trump cuts a ‘60 Minutes’ interview short, and then taunts Lesley Stahl on Twitter.

President Trump abruptly cut off an interview with the “60 Minutes” star Lesley Stahl at the White House on Tuesday and then taunted her on Twitter, posting a short behind-the-scenes video of her at the taping and noting that she had not been wearing a mask.

Mr. Trump then threatened to post his interview with Ms. Stahl ahead of its intended broadcast date on Sunday evening, calling it “FAKE and BIASED.”

The spectacle of a president, two weeks out from Election Day, picking a fight with the nation’s most popular television news program began on Tuesday after Mr. Trump grew irritated with Ms. Stahl’s questions, according to two people familiar with the circumstances of the taping.

One person briefed on what took place said that Mr. Trump had spent more than 45 minutes filming with Ms. Stahl and her CBS News crew, and that the taping had not wrapped up when the president’s aides had expected it to.

So Mr. Trump cut the interview short, and then declined to participate in a “walk and talk” segment with Ms. Stahl and Vice President Mike Pence, the people said.

It appeared that Ms. Stahl’s approach did not sit well with the president. Hours later, Mr. Trump said on Twitter that he was considering posting the interview with Ms. Stahl “PRIOR TO AIRTIME!” He described it as a “terrible Electoral Intrusion” and suggested that his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., had been treated less harshly by journalistic interlocutors.

Mr. Trump also posted a six-second video clip of Ms. Stahl at the White House, writing: “Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House after her interview with me. Much more to come.”

In fact, Ms. Stahl had worn a mask at the White House up until the start of her taping with Mr. Trump, including when she first greeted the president, according to a person familiar with the interview. The video posted by Mr. Trump showed Ms. Stahl immediately after the interview ended, as she conferred with two CBS producers, both wearing masks.

The CBS crew was tested for the coronavirus before entering the White House on Tuesday, the person said.

Ms. Stahl has interviewed Mr. Trump twice since the 2016 election, including his first televised interview after winning the presidency. She also filmed with Mr. Trump at the White House in October 2018. Ms. Stahl was hospitalized with the coronavirus in the spring and has since recovered.

The president and Mr. Pence were participating in a “60 Minutes” episode set to air on Sunday. The episode is also expected to feature interviews with Mr. Biden and his running mate, Senator Kamala Harris of California.

Mr. Biden taped his interview with the “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell on Monday. He has not yet tweeted about it.
    Originally published by The New York Times:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Default Re: Another Trump tantrum

What a whiner.

Good thing the country isn’t facing any serious challenges requiring rational leadership.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1be_story.html

A senior White House official said Trump had told aides he wanted to go after Stahl and brainstormed ideas after the session with a group of aides in the Oval Office.
    “The interview was not that bad,” a White House staff member said. “It wasn’t a bad interview. She just had a tone he didn’t like.”

From a couple years ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/trum...e-stories.html

President Donald Trump told the veteran journalist Lesley Stahl of the CBS program “60 Minutes” that he bashes the press to “demean” and “discredit” reporters so that the public will not believe “negative stories” about him, Stahl said.
    Stahl said she and her boss met with Trump at his office in Trump Tower in Manhattan after the 2016 election in advance of a recorded sit-down interview for “60 Minutes.

“At one point, he started to attack the press,” Stahl said. “There were no cameras in there.”

“I said, ‘You know, this is getting tired. Why are you doing it over and over? It’s boring and it’s time to end that. You know, you’ve won ... why do you keep hammering at this?’” Stahl recalled.

“And he said: ‘You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.’”

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    What a whanker.
    ftfy
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Melania says he's a premature no staying power. Stormy verified it

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    “The interview was not that bad,” a White House staff member said. “It wasn’t a bad interview. She just had a tone he didn’t like.”
    Q: What are the four most frightening words in the English language?

A: "We're from 60 Minutes."

There is a reason why 60 Minutes is not shown on Fox. They are a legitimate news show.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Good thing the country isn’t facing any serious challenges requiring rational leadership.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1be_story.html

A senior White House official said Trump had told aides he wanted to go after Stahl and brainstormed ideas after the session with a group of aides in the Oval Office.
    “The interview was not that bad,” a White House staff member said. “It wasn’t a bad interview. She just had a tone he didn’t like.
    Leslie Stahl is an accomplished journalist who is capable of asking tough questions. The whiny little boy in the WH doesn't like reporters who press for real answers & who don't just throw sycophantic softballs.

I guess Leslie is another "nasty woman"...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Leslie Stahl is an accomplished journalist who is capable of asking tough questions. The whiny little boy in the WH doesn't like reporters who press for real answers & who don't just throw sycophantic softballs.

I guess Leslie is another "nasty woman"...
    oh that tone, the one where she ignores his gas lighting.

He can't even 'act' presidential.

I'm truly bothered by the number of Americans who accept this behavior from a president.
    Can we have him keel hauled?

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post

I'm truly bothered by the number of Americans who accept this behavior from a president.
    I keep hearing excuses along the lines of 'Well, he's a businessman and he's tough!"

I just don't know what to do with that level of delusion.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post

the default setting out of expecting good behavior from Donald, who has never shown it, is that he’s “shaking things up” and “stickin’ it to the gov’t”. Like the big banner on the pickup says “Trump 2020 XXXK Your Feelings

Trumper tantrums.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Trumper tantrums.
    Beat me to it!
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Beat me to it!
    welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Trumper tantrums.
    Tantrump for short.

What are you doing about it?

Beat me to it!
    I'm also glad to see you back. The next few weeks would not be right around here without you - so please don't join the band again!

Thanks, fellas.
    Rattling the teacups.

He's back!
    Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.

-- James Madison, Federalist 55

Thanks, fellas.
    Good that you're back!

Jeff C

So, according to Trumps own twitter account they presented Lesley Stahl with a book documenting what Trumps done for healthcare.

Its blank in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    So, according to Trumps own twitter account they presented Lesley Stahl with a book documenting what Trumps done for healthcare.

Its blank in the picture.
    Well then it's an accurate description of what he's done - no?

Trump has minion deliver thick book 'containing his health plan' to L. Stahl ---

How President Trump's surprise gift to '60 Minutes' completely backfired

Shortly after President Donald Trump abruptly ended an interview with "60 Minutes" anchor Lesley Stahl, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany showed up with a massively large book in tow.

"Lesley, the President wanted me to deliver his health care plan," said McEnany. "It's a little heavy."

Except it wasn't Trump's health care plan. Because that, well, doesn't exist. Instead, according to the "60 Minutes" Twitter feed, the book was "filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/polit...l-health-care/
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Astonishing bit of silliness. What other White House could be so incompetent?

And they rush in with a smarmy pence to clean up, but pence doesn't answer questions, he deflects like a proper evangelical radio host.
    (Too bad Borat couldn't gift him his daughter, that might have loosened him up a bit)

https://twitter.com/albertmacgloan/s...103521280?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Trump has minion deliver thick book 'containing his health plan' to L. Stahl ---

How President Trump's surprise gift to '60 Minutes' completely backfired

Shortly after President Donald Trump abruptly ended an interview with "60 Minutes" anchor Lesley Stahl, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany showed up with a massively large book in tow.

"Lesley, the President wanted me to deliver his health care plan," said McEnany. "It's a little heavy."

Except it wasn't Trump's health care plan. Because that, well, doesn't exist. Instead, according to the "60 Minutes" Twitter feed, the book was "filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/polit...l-health-care/
    That part of this whole healthcare thing that burns my butt, as they say, is how everyone has accepted the 'repeal and replace' phrase as if the ACA needs to be repealed before they can create something to replace it with. All they need to do is come up with a new healthcare bill and pass it into law. No vote to repeal anything is necessary.

But it looks like the ACA is about to be history.
    Can we have him keel hauled?

"But it looks like the ACA is about to be history."

He's just a racist attempting to erase President Obama from the legislative record.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    "But it looks like the ACA is about to be history."

He's just a racist attempting to erase President Obama from the legislative record.
    Maybe. They say that he decided to run when Obama embarrassed him at one of those dinners for the White House press corp. I've watched the comments and they were pretty funny, but Trump had a fake smile plastered on his face like he really could not take it. I think it's more personal than race.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Maybe... I think it's more personal than race.
    It's personal because of race

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    It's personal because of race
    Maybe. It's difficult to measure the depth of his depravity.