Thread: My First Real Vlog

Default My First Real Vlog

So, I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and play into more a narrative, vloging style. Personally, I feel more comfortable just making short little music vids, my favorite recent video was 50 sec long and I thought it was one of my better ones hey but lets see what you think and if I should continue and get better at it.

So here ya go

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Default Re: My First Real Vlog

Yea, so I think this is gonna be my last fun video (anchor ) post. 80 views and not a single reply, yea you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that maybe I should focus on other things to post. These have to be my least interactive threads I rarely ever have less than a three page thread.

So no more video post on the ol WBF

< Applause >

Small constructive criticism: The beard color makes you look like this guy:

Go natural. You earned that gray.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Hmmm. Great face for radio.

more boobies dude
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

OK - serious suggestion. If you insist on putting your mug on the video, use a camera that isn't such a wide angle. It makes your head look out of proportion with your body. I don't know how your fruitphone links with the GoPro - but my android and the 7Black interface quite well, using Premiere Rush or Premiere Pro.

Bob's right - wear the grey. Then again you won't wear the hair, so I doubt you'll go natural with the beard.

Hi, you have a very gooв vlog, but to be honest I don't really like the transitions in the video.

do you use the services of a video editor or do you edit your own videos? if the second option, I can advise you a good program, which in my opinion is much better than similar competitors. Go to this site and try to use this program https://www.movavi.com/ , it is very easy to use. I'm sure that if you try, the quality of your videos will increase a lot

good first vlog. iMovie is fine for vlogging. Use the iPhone and go places. Lead with your passion first. Squeeze in the dog and Renee to do a wave cameo. talk about how the Vespa has changed your ideas of getting around SoCal. Go to your favorite stood stop and give em a shout out. Slide in a bit about your business which you can add as you go to each clip. Treat the business like a sponsor. buy some fun music to fit the mood.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-01-2021 at 04:15 PM.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

There are some groomers that shoot video of their grooming. A few of those have popped up on my feed and they seem to get a lot of views. If you want to build views, shoot your wife doing and explaining how to groom a dog. And frankly having her wear a bikini while doing it will generate lots of views. I am not simply stating a fact, since I have no interest in dog grooming videos no matter how scantily clad the cute groomer is.

I use power director to edit my videos. It is a very powerful editor with tons of options.

How about a “travel” Vlog about Silverado Canyon, by way of Vespa Scooter? Make that the focus of the video. Maybe add some drone shots of you going around some corners, and more shots of the scenery. Give a description of the road, what the surface and traffic is like, etc. You might pick up views for bikers who want to see what the road is like. You need to give the viewer something of value for their time, so the more information you reveal about the subject the better. Also, tell what is great about the cafe. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLuis View Post
    Hi, you have a very gooв vlog, but to be honest I don't really like the transitions in the video.
    #handsup

This.

The earliest films were shot (one shot) as if the piece was a stage show. Camera static, perform to the camera. Boring.

The cut is the equivalent of our natural blink we do when talking to two people. You turn yer head, and blink mid-turn. That's the cut.

Anything else, transition-wise, is a pain in the bum. Just 'cos Apple lets you, doesn't mean you oughta.

(Fades to black or white are borderline acceptable, if time is passing.)

Trust me on this.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

I loved your other works. Skip Renee in bikini if doing brand & product placement

Just going to mention that both Premiere and Photoshop Elements go on sale all the time and they're cheap when bundled. Professional YouTubers use it, so it's more than enough for casual Vlogging use.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Just going to mention that both Premiere and Photoshop Elements go on sale all the time and they're cheap when bundled. Professional YouTubers use it, so it's more than enough for casual Vlogging use.
    I'm learning DaVinci Resolve (FREE) it's a super in depth editing program. Speaking of resolve I'm going to have to resolve to not just gonzo shoot and edit but spend more time at least editing better.

Free is good too, I like free.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I'm learning DaVinci Resolve (FREE) it's a super in depth editing program. Speaking of resolve I'm going to have to resolve to not just gonzo shoot and edit but spend more time at least editing better.

Try to see what you want before you start. Your first cuts should be done in the camera.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

I would have liked you Joe but I don't have a you tube membership. you can flog away. Pless put it most succinctly.
    Speaking for myself. Self promotion amongst Norwegian Lutherans, as Garrison Kiellor has illustrated in his prose.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    seriously - Resolve? You are getting ahead of yourself. work on your presentation skills and let the video become natural. it is a hard skill to become talent. Nobody is wants to see highly polished videos that was so 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    seriously - Resolve? You are getting ahead of yourself. work on your presentation skills and let the video become natural. it is a hard skill to become talent. Nobody is wants to see highly polished videos that was so 4 years ago.
    I kinda like doing these types of videos way more than Vloging