Thread: More dead in Ohio

Default More dead in Ohio

Deplorable bunch of clueless deniers , how to deal with these people .
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-crowd-vpx.cnn

Default Re: More dead in Ohio

Isn’t it great what a difference a leader makes? It’s not a pandemic, it’s a hoax to make Donald look bad. And if 300,000 die it is what it is and Donald can still gas light through reality with enough fixers and believers. Look at Donalds recent press conference where he said “if you exclude the blue states the rates aren’t bad” of course the pos doesn’t include Texas and Florida but that’s the great thing about gas lighting, nothing has to make sense. Even the implication that dead Americans from blue states are making Donald look bad doesn’t matter. Nothing matters except Donald.

The pandemic started just early enough before the election for republicans to begin realizing now, "Gee, a lot of red voters are dying." But did they then reverse course and try to save people? No. Realizing they may lose based on the vote, they're trying to de-legitimize the vote entirely.

In extreme schadenfreude, admittedly, when someone who, in actually, PREACHED that masks were unnecessary, is then themselves in intensive care because of COVID-19 infection, it's... well... satisfying. At least, "Other people say..." But not me. No sir.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Yep, there are Trump idiot supporters everywhere - even here in Ohio, where the Republican governor has been trying to do the right thing during this pandemic (Ohio was one of the earliest states to mandate mask wearing, and social distancing etc), you still have this kind of crap going on - at a tRump rally - can you imagine what they would have said to a Democrat Lt Governor and/ or governor?
    I hope and pray that Ohio will be all in for Biden in 6 weeks on Nov 3rd

Deplorable bunch of clueless deniers just about covers it.
    Things are hotting up here in the UK too, with huge increases in cases. Urgent government discussions today, and new lockdown measures being introduced imminently. It won't be long before we get more anti-lockdown protests, and certain people here on the forum will start threads crowing that the British people have had enough of tyranny, blah blah blah.
    Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

Quote Originally Posted by WBViking View Post
    Yep, there are Trump idiot supporters everywhere - even here in Ohio, where the Republican governor has been trying to do the right thing during this pandemic (Ohio was one of the earliest states to mandate mask wearing, and social distancing etc), you still have this kind of crap going on - at a tRump rally - can you imagine what they would have said to a Democrat Lt Governor and/ or governor?
    I hope and pray that Ohio will be all in for Biden in 6 weeks on Nov 3rd
    I wonder if that Lt Governor is at all questioning his endorsement of Trump when Trump’s lack of leadership and gas lighting allows more Americans, and even Republican Ohioans, to die than necessary? Here he is reminding people to wear masks and Trump’s crowd is pretty much saying eff you. Its what it is.

The current pandemic is essentially a recapitulation of the AIDS crisis of the 1980s. I mentioned this to my daughter, and she gave me And The Band Played On by Randy Shilts. I'm about halfway through its six hundred odd pages, but the thin veils of rationality, avoid panic, look at the evidence, the scientists can't agree, etc. to cover concern about loss of income, and the politicization and moralization, of what should be simple public health issues is depressingly similar.

I don't get it. We did, though it took a while, reach an understanding that second hand smoke was a health hazard and, maybe a bit begrudgingly, accepted smoking banned in public places.

Is the mask thing much different?
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I don't get it. We did, though it took a while, reach an understanding that second hand smoke was a health hazard and, maybe a bit begrudgingly, accepted smoking banned in public places.

Is the mask thing much different?
    Smoking takes much longer to kill you than Aids or Covid 19, so the results will be in plain sight.
    Those that deny reality are going to die in greater numbers.

the scary part is, those people will never wear masks. Even if Biden became president tomorrow and mandated nationwide wearing of masks, those people won't do it because they won't follow the directions that run contrary to what the Donald has said. They would rather not wear one and "stick it to the libs" and die.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

The irony is, of course, that it's Donald's base who are dying.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Trump admits the virus is real,we know now we didn't know then. His minions must not have heard the Woodward recordings. Just more bs plain and simple. Could these people that actually go to his rallys here all of the recordings and still follow blindly. Here's his transcripts.: (42:22)
    Our bold and early action saved millions of lives and our decisive economic response saved tens of millions of jobs, including 1.9 million jobs in the state of Ohio. You know that? He knows it. Heís got one of them. Heís got one of them. Through operation warp speed, weíre developing these great vaccines. And thatís going to beÖ Literally, these will be done in record time. Like nobodyís ever done it before. On November 3rd, Ohio will decide whether we end the pandemic and return to record prosperity or whether we allow sleepy Joe Biden and his group of incompetence to delay the vaccine, shut down the country. He actually suggested that he would shut down the country. We now know the disease. We didnít know it. Now we know it affects elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, thatís what it really affects. Thatís it.

Donald J.

Something about reading versus hearing him. I don't recommend the entire transcript but here if someone likes hearing reading blathering . I hope with the first debate here in Ohio, they do some fact checking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rev...ptember-21/amp

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    I wonder if that Lt Governor is at all questioning his endorsement of Trump when Trump’s lack of leadership and gas lighting allows more Americans, and even Republican Ohioans, to die than necessary? Here he is reminding people to wear masks and Trump’s crowd is pretty much saying eff you. Its what it is.
    Yeah, pretty disappointing that neither the Lt Gov or Gov DeWine had the balls to stand up to tRump....they both have been trying to do the right things here in Ohio...instead they get boo-ed by these morons....I did not vote for DeWine, but things could have been much worse here had he not taken the steps he did early on. Compared to the Federal response (oh wait, there wasn't one!), Ohio's response has been pretty effective.

Quote Originally Posted by icyb View Post
    Something about reading versus hearing him. I don't recommend the entire transcript but here if someone likes hearing reading blathering . I hope with the first debate here in Ohio, they do some fact checking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rev...ptember-21/amp
    I absolutely don't want to hear him. You're right that reading it makes it tolerable. Barely.

But I would be deeply satisfied to know that the transcript will be read into the record in his eventual trial, with him dressed in an orange jumpsuit, manacled, in a plexiglass safety cage, in federal or state or international court. And reread at the announcement of the verdict and on a small brass plaque set into the concrete holding the urn.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Listening to CSNY right now w 10 mo grand daughter. She makes motor boat and sheep noises.