Thread: A new scam?

Default A new scam?

Gotten two calls telling me the government is eliminating all credit card debt.

Particularly strange, as I virtually have none.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

Default Re: A new scam?

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post

Maybe you oughta run out and get yourself some? Did they offer to take care of that for you?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I got a phone call last week from "*** amazon ****"( not really ) , saying that I had ordered, and they had shipped a new $1400 iPhone to me, but just needed to verify my credit card number -- yeah, right . . . and I was born yesterday

We get these urgent calls about our auto warranties, and our newest car was built in 2000.

The newest scam is to use false-flag local numbers, so it appears that the call is from your area code.

There's a feature on our phone called Call Block. I block quite a few numbers every week.
    We're merely mammals. Let's misbehave! óCole Porter

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

I have gotten a lot of calls saying my Facebook account has been hacked and I need to verify info to keep it from being blocked. I have never had a Facebook acct.
    I also get the car warranty calls. When I tell them that my car is a 1993 F-150 with 292,000 miles, they hang up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post

My guess: In order to eliminate the debt, they need your credit card number and your personal info like address and date of birth...
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

I get people who call and want to make a cash offer to buy my house. I told the last one I'd sell it to him for $4 million. He hung up
    Elect a clown expect a circus