Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345 LastLast

Thread: Shy Trumpies in the Bilge

Default Re: Shy Trumpies in the Bilge

Quote Originally Posted by Landrith View Post
    Trump is the most powerful president we have had in a long time. Like your example of the lady discussing Trump installing yet another Supreme Court conservative next week in what is just his first term, he has the world convinced he is the underdog. This is the same world that he just replaced the four foundational treaties for global commerce in...."Virtue" as Niccoli certainly defined it for his Prince.

To explain it to TomF. The American election is a giant hockey game for all the marbles on the planet, and somehow Trump has transformed his supporters into thinking they are all French Canadians....
    I'd like it if you posted more, Landrith. Your content is always original and interesting and I agree with your analysis that Trump's presentment as an underdog is a key element to his power.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Hmmph The "shy Trumper" notion was a notion of someone embarrassed of a choice, or afraid of being confronted with uncomfortable truths. Not someone who simply wished to keep a genteel and honorable secrecy about their ballot.
    My suggestion here is that the corporate/defense contractor/and now government (after the repeal of the Schmidt-Mundt Act) unified funded and controlled talking points (basically Orange Man Bad) and overt efforts to encourage listeners to diminish all dissent is having exactly the effect far Right fringe commentators said would happen before the 2016 election. If the establishment wants Hillary Clinton to lose, they just have to have the New York Times and Washington Post endorse her.

I like the line by Roger "Verbal" Kint from The Usual Suspects-"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Somehow the team rewriting every trade treaty, restructuring the majority in the federal courts, and by the beginning of Summer bankrupting the Federal Reserve and taking control of all the Western nations' Central Banks though obligation to the US Treasury is somehow a bunch of incompetent buffoons would just be laughable if it wasn't' so scary true that they are winning every hand.
    "Deconstruction is not a method, and cannot be transformed into one" Jacques Derrida (1930–2004)

My suggestion here is that the corporate/defense contractor/and now government (after the repeal of the Schmidt-Mundt Act) unified funded and controlled talking points (basically Orange Man Bad) and overt efforts to encourage listeners to diminish all dissent is having exactly the effect far Right fringe commentators said would happen before the 2016 election. If the establishment wants Hillary Clinton to lose, they just have to have the New York Times and Washington Post endorse her.

I like the line by Roger "Verbal" Kint from The Usual Suspects-"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Somehow the team rewriting every trade treaty, restructuring the majority in the federal courts, and by the beginning of Summer bankrupting the Federal Reserve and taking control of all the Western nations' Central Banks though obligation to the US Treasury is somehow a bunch of incompetent buffoons would just be laughable if it wasn't' so scary true that they are winning every hand.
    I think you're gonna have to draw me a picture, but I'm guessing you'll disappear in a cloud of 'oh, I'm, not going to bother to explain, because you wouldn't believe me'. just like your cousin, Qanon.
    Rattling the teacups.

While Trump may have mastery over manipulating the media and wringing every last drop of advantage from the perceived victimhood of his base, it is not a sustainable effort. Everything that he has built only lasts until his dying breath and then the facade he has built will be torn to flinders by the ravening right wing hordes seeking to seize power.

That, of course, is predicated that he even survives the election, and that this "great legacy" of a Supreme Court majority, lasts more than a couple years, before Thomas (or more?) choose to retire.

It may be well to suffer the slings of misfortune that an extremist Court may sling, if for not other reason than to keep the Democrats eye on the ball, and to remind the nation of the failure of what this Republican party represents.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    I think you're gonna have to draw me a picture, but I'm guessing you'll disappear in a cloud of 'oh, I'm, not going to bother to explain, because you wouldn't believe me'. just like your cousin, Qanon.
    There oznabrag is exactly the picture: Qanon. It is the number one most main stream media vilified phenomena associated with Trump. It is actually a very sophisticated psychological operations tool. It keeps people I might have been able to get active in local conservative goals and out into the streets pacified. Instead everybody on the Right was being fed the "trust Sessions", "trust Wray" Quanon lines sitting at home waiting for some mystery reincarnation of JFK Jr. to send the swamp to Guantanamo while twiddling their thumbs. Meanwhile, Pompeo and a team of Replacement Killers that would make Bush's James Baker blush in amazement have reshaped the world as we know it.

The DNC didn't use the Qanon DARPA developed psy-op tool suite to keep their Left fringe off the streets and following the playbook. Instead when losing every Soccer Mom vote in the Suburbs last month wasn't enough, the Left had to pose for photo ops burning down the remaining DNC elder Sierra Club member support and the government municipal union support this month.
    Last edited by Landrith; 09-21-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    "Deconstruction is not a method, and cannot be transformed into one" Jacques Derrida (1930–2004)

There oznabrag is exactly the picture: Qanon. It is the number one most main stream media vilified phenomena associated with Trump. It is actually a very sophisticated psychological operations tool. It keeps people I might have been able to get active in local conservative goals and out into the streets pacified. Instead everybody on the Right was being fed the "trust Sessions", "trust Wray" Quanon lines sitting at home waiting for some mystery reincarnation of JFK Jr. to send the swamp to Guantanamo twiddling our thumbs. Meanwhile, Pompeo and a team of Replacement Killers that would make Bush's James Baker blush in amazement have reshaped the world as we know it.

The DNC didn't use the Qanon DARPA developed psy-op tool suite to keep their Left fringe Left off the streets and following the playbook. Instead when losing every Soccer Mom vote in the Suburbs last month wasn't enough, the Left had to pose for photo ops burning down the remaining DNC elder Sierra Club member support and the government municipal union support this month.
    Exactly what I expected.

Raving, obfuscatory blather.

Thanks!
    Rattling the teacups.

Exactly what I expected.

Raving, obfuscatory blather.

Thanks!
    Oznabrag, you never like it the way I write it. Let me try using the mainstream Democrat perspective of the problem the GOP solved with Qanon and the DNC failed at: reigning in the extremist wings of a political party in order to win the popular vote.

This is how The Atlantic saw the problem in July 2016:

"The Republicans’ noisy breakdown has been echoed eerily, albeit less loudly, on the Democratic side, where, after the early primaries, one of the two remaining contestants for the nomination was not, in any meaningful sense, a Democrat. Senator Bernie Sanders was an independent who switched to nominal Democratic affiliation on the day he filed for the New Hampshire primary, only three months before that election. He surged into second place by winning independents while losing Democrats. If it had been up to Democrats to choose their party’s nominee, Sanders’s bid would have collapsed after Super Tuesday. In their various ways, Trump, Cruz, and Sanders are demonstrating a new principle: The political parties no longer have either intelligible boundaries or enforceable norms, and, as a result, renegade political behavior pays." https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...insane/485570/

In response, the Trump team deployed Qanon (probably a government political control tool similar to Obama's success in manipulating voters in Ukraine https://stonecoldtruth.com/shadowgate-a-review/) and the Democrat solution was to cheat Bernie out of the nomination again. Losing control of young activist Leftists.

Seems like Dems can share this narrative as what happened. It fits with Hillary perpetually steering candidate Bill Clinton away from Mondale style liberal Democratic positions...The new Left is no more electable than my closest Right-winger friends at the beer hall!
    Last edited by Landrith; 09-19-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Dingleberries gotta dingle...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Dingleberries gotta dingle...
    David G, last time you and I were discussing one of my not so original observations-that it is almost as if trained outside agitators were creating violence at the peaceful BLM rallies, a Democrat governor started citing it the next day as why the city in his state was burning..

David G, last time you and I were discussing one of my not so original observations-that it is almost as if trained outside agitators were creating violence at the peaceful BLM rallies, a Democrat governor started citing it the next day as why the city in his state was burning..
    Very nice. Clear, concise, and coherent. Well done!

Possibly. I don't recall such a discussion. It's also possible - given the fact that it's almost always impossible to dredge out of you what it is you're getting at - that we were not having the discussion you thought we were having. But perhaps you've got a citation?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Very nice. Clear, concise, and coherent. Well done!

Possibly. I don't recall such a discussion. It's also possible - given the fact that it's almost always impossible to dredge out of you what it is you're getting at - that we were not having the discussion you thought we were having. But perhaps you've got a citation?
    09-01-2020, 01:22 AM

Re: The liberals shoot back?

" 'Originally Posted by David G 
    In fact - there ARE rumors among the protesters of people who no one recognizes, who seem to be affiliated with no known group, agitating and escalating --'
    There you go again David G, cruelly confirming what I have been saying.."

Then later Waltz doubles down on the outside agitators and Trump mentions it a presser

“Minnesota Governor Tim Walz said that he deeply apologizes for ... "Officials blame differing groups of 'outsiders' for violence”.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violen...Floyd_protests

Seems some people come here for confirmation bias dopamine hits, and are incapable or just do not want to engage in any discussion outside their own narrow point of view. Landrith, you are one of the few who make the attempt to engage in offering another view, and see how some react.

Let's face it Nixon should have went to prison, a strong message would have been sent. And we wouldn't have the pos in the Whitehouse.

According to this poll there are 5

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...-support-Trump
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

This thread reads like a Thomas Pynchon novel.

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Progressives, smart? At what? Their careers, their money, or parroting the canned crap they learned at school? Certainly not politics or political future telling.

I've been around this place on/off since around 2005 or so. Much of the same lot, has been nose deep in the a$$ crack of politics since before I came along. Guess how much they have gotten right with any of it since? Hardly anything. So little, in fact, it isn't worth banking anything said here, and certainly not one's personal, or professional reputation on. Most of this 'smarts,' is essentially hindsight, based on documented events and having enough free time on their hands to google their way through most of everything brought up here. If I spent as much of my life, piddling away at this crap, with such astonishing low returns of correctness, I'd be highly disappointed.

Am I a Trump supporter? Sure, why not? The Democrats haven't learned a damned thing since Bushco. They obviously need 4 more years of punishment until they jerk that knot out of their own version of the status quo. But no. They toss Biden in there. More of the lame same. Maybe in 4 years, someone with half a spine, and actual concern for the people of this country, and with some new ideas will come from the left, that doesn't look like a bs label off a crappy, progressive, bran cereal box.

Why aren't there many Trump supporters here? They obviously have better things to do. They're not dominant (with regard to discussion sake, at least) on any of the other forums I belong to either. But then, the content of those, tends to be more interesting than politics. You might see a start of something political (usually by some left leaning politi-sniper), but it usually gets buried by the topic of the post itself.

This forum section is a liberal safe zone and as such, utterly boring. How many different ways can we say the exact same thing, kind of place. It would be different if the one-liners and other attempts at humor were at least funny, or even clever, but they're not. It pretty much rings of people who lived in a career vacuum after what all they were fed at college, or they would have heard the more clever and original versions of such things while out and about and be past that by now. Bobbys, was about the only funny thing y'all had going for you.

At any rate, there is better, more diverse places to share ideas, or dare to ask questions outside of this place, that also tend to be more colorful/cultural. Here, pretty much reeks of liniment, mothballs, and the misery/regret of wasted time.

Reeks of mothballs?
    How do you get their little legs apart?
    Asking for a friend....
    R
    Sleep with one eye open.

This thread should be good after the election. But you won't be here too bizzy crying in your cereal.
    Last edited by icyb; 09-20-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Williamson View Post
    Reeks of mothballs?
    How do you get their little legs apart?
    Too bad you haven't been out there doing stuff in the real world, Ron, you would know there's a funnier version of that joke available.

Quote Originally Posted by pipefitter View Post
    Progressives, smart? At what? Their careers, their money, or parroting the canned crap they learned at school? Certainly not politics or political future telling.

I've been around this place on/off since around 2005 or so. Much of the same lot, has been nose deep in the a$$ crack of politics since before I came along. Guess how much they have gotten right with any of it since? Hardly anything. So little, in fact, it isn't worth banking anything said here, and certainly not one's personal, or professional reputation on. Most of this 'smarts,' is essentially hindsight, based on documented events and having enough free time on their hands to google their way through most of everything brought up here. If I spent as much of my life, piddling away at this crap, with such astonishing low returns of correctness, I'd be highly disappointed.

Am I a Trump supporter? Sure, why not? The Democrats haven't learned a damned thing since Bushco. They obviously need 4 more years of punishment until they jerk that knot out of their own version of the status quo. But no. They toss Biden in there. More of the lame same. Maybe in 4 years, someone with half a spine, and actual concern for the people of this country, and with some new ideas will come from the left, that doesn't look like a bs label off a crappy, progressive, bran cereal box.

Why aren't there many Trump supporters here? They obviously have better things to do. They're not dominant (with regard to discussion sake, at least) on any of the other forums I belong to either. But then, the content of those, tends to be more interesting than politics. You might see a start of something political (usually by some left leaning politi-sniper), but it usually gets buried by the topic of the post itself.

This forum section is a liberal safe zone and as such, utterly boring. How many different ways can we say the exact same thing, kind of place. It would be different if the one-liners and other attempts at humor were at least funny, or even clever, but they're not. It pretty much rings of people who lived in a career vacuum after what all they were fed at college, or they would have heard the more clever and original versions of such things while out and about and be past that by now. Bobbys, was about the only funny thing y'all had going for you.

At any rate, there is better, more diverse places to share ideas, or dare to ask questions outside of this place, that also tend to be more colorful/cultural. Here, pretty much reeks of liniment, mothballs, and the misery/regret of wasted time.
    Keep stickin’ it to the liberals eh?

Quote Originally Posted by icyb View Post
    Let's face it Nixon should have went to prison, a strong message would have been sent. And we wouldn't have the pos in the Whitehouse.
    Absolutely. All of our political problems always come back to Nixon.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Oznabrag, you never like it the way I write it.
    No, I don't like it when you ignore the question and ramble off on some nonsensical tirade.

The quote bolded above is the only time I can recall that you have made a short, declarative assertion of fact, and you have been frenetically crawfishin' it ever since.

Tell me how this mysterious 'they' are going to bankrupt the Fed, and how control of all Western Nations' central banks will be ceded to 'them' because of obligations to the US Treasury.

If you can.

By what mechanism does this radical, global power grab work?
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by icyb View Post
    Yup.

I feel that the real root of this problem lies in the Compromise of 1877, and the Union's refusal to actually win the Civil War.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    Too bad you haven't been out there doing stuff in the real world, Ron, you would know there's a funnier version of that joke available.
    Needed liniment after framing this roof with Maddog(shown here enjoying local shipwrecks and riding the plywood pony)

IMG_0002.jpg

Hoping he doesn't fall off the port side.

R
    Sleep with one eye open.

Tell me how this mysterious 'they' are going to bankrupt the Fed, and how control of all Western Nations' central banks will be ceded to 'them' because of obligations to the US Treasury.

If you can.

By what mechanism does this radical, global power grab work?
    Oznabrag, I cannot be your Cliff Notes for world events as they are reported in newspapers, scientific publications, and trade journals. You are going to have to break away from CIA US Treasury funded government propaganda dished out through Gannett, the source of the daily talking points. Their main paper is USA TODAY and you know the daily talking points by following any of the media sources that parrot Gannett. i.e. what Megan Kelly's news producers tell her to say through her ear piece.

Instead of repeating the mantra "Orange man bad" 24/7 your trusted media sources should have been giving you some real investigation and analysis. While here in the Bilge the last few presidential administrations, left leaning Bilge posters have been arguing for more government spending to improve the US standard of living (by social safety net standards) and conservatives like me had been arguing that the US government's real potential to issue more debt was largely tapped out in financial markets and that increasing taxes would instead cause the austerity we inflict on the third world nations we exploit and destroy.

But then comes this Republican President Trump with no experience and a supposedly incompetent team of buffoons mocked hourly in all the tax payer subsidized state media like CNN, MSNBC, (and increasingly by FOX and Drudge) etc..and spends record amounts of money in 2017 and 2018 while drastically cutting taxes. In a fiat currency system (where we on the Right are particularly stupid and unable to think outside of our obsolete gold backed currency mythology), money is not a secured commodity but instead only a "value proposition" backed in the market by demand based on perceived future potential. So even while Trump's team failed to consolidate and control more of the world oil supplies to counter the decreasing value of the petrodollar by taking over Venezuela and Iran (Bush Neocons still crazily think this is possible) and can only keep US troops in Syria to protect the oil we are stealing there, Trump was able to exploit the weakness of the fiat system where the US Federal Reserve Debt Note is "borrowed into existence" from the Fed. America's central bank and the lead bank in the global central bank system where the US dollar is after Bretton Woods Agreement (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/petrodollars.asp), the security for all other currencies.

Trump bankrupted the Fed. Oznabrag your Megyn Kelly news didn't tell you this and you get mad at me for saying it, but that is only because your ideology and knowledge makes you realize it is true. You also know that this is Trump's area of great personal expertise.

So Oznabrag, think it through. What was the only way the Fed could open its doors the next day? The US Treasury at the direction Trump stepped in and guaranteed all the Federal Reserve's debts. But they weren't just the US Central bank's debts, it was the whole planet's system of central bank debts, essentially all exposure to the Petrodollar. Then Trump had the US Treasury instruct the Fed to buy blue chip corporate securities propping up the whole NYSE everyday. Not just as a limited "Long Term Plunge Protection Team" action on a small scale as past presidents had asked the Fed to do, but all of the top half of all the securities on all the exchanges everyday since the end of May.

Oznabrag please don't take it out on me or my poor writing skills. Megyn Kelly's news producers are Ivy League with excellent communications skills. Ask them why they aren't reporting to you the real news. Ask Megan Kelly about Black Rock and why Trump is able to direct its activities: In Fink We Trust: BlackRock Is Now ‘Fourth Branch of Government’https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...th-bond-buying

So while the Progressives and the Left thought they would exploit the pandemic and the record unemployment to hold Trump accountable in the voting booth for the economic destruction Trump himself caused, Trump is instead benefitting from his actions and consolidation of power over the world economy to essentially spend his way into a second term largely without Congress acting:

"while small businesses face extinction amid a meager and under-baked federal grant program, the Fed has, at least temporarily, propped up every equity and credit market in America. And in a testament to its strength, it did so without spending a single cent.
    ###
    In short, while activists nitpicked about which companies got small business grants worth $10 million, the real bailout, with trillions on the line rather than millions, was happening, quietly, at the Fed."

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/27/...t-coronavirus/

I do not even have time to go into foreign trade or even just foreign relations. Soros' color revolutions as a front for the Obama era CIA were a major foreign policy transformation, but these new treaties in the MidEast are even bigger...
    Last edited by Landrith; 09-21-2020 at 11:53 AM.

jesus

Are you talking about that goat in the sky again?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    jesus
    For sure.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Are you talking about that goat in the sky again?

26872977-5370-4AC1-A878-4C9F5FEE08E0.jpg

Did this guy work for Obama ? I can breath easier now that https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/20/leak-reveals-2tn-of-possibly-corrupt-us-financial-activity`s on the case.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

possibly the most entertaining poster in this place.
    Classic mad uncle material.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

The humor only works because the reader accepts each premise as true yet still has to reject the conclusion...

For sure.
    You seem to be a smart guy and someone who wants to protect the Constitution. What does the Constitution have to say about money, what it should be and what it should not be?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

Higher Earners Are More Likely to Be ‘Shy’ Trump Voters

New survey finds that people in households making $75,000 a year and more seem to play down their support for the president when polled by phone
    So the shy Trumpies are actually sociopaths ashamed of their greed...