Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rowing the Caledonia Yawl

Default Re: Rowing the Caledonia Yawl

Looks great! How do those cots attach to the long fore-and-aft slats? They look comfy. Though as someone who sleeps best on a thin foam mat, I wonder if I might feel over suspended.
    Please report from/after the Salish 100. I’d be curious to hear about the day-to-day.

- James

Quote Originally Posted by pez_leon View Post
    Looks great! How do those cots attach to the long fore-and-aft slats? They look comfy. Though as someone who sleeps best on a thin foam mat, I wonder if I might feel over suspended.
    Please report from/after the Salish 100. Id be curious to hear about the day-to-day.

- James
    James, I am using twist gear ties to hold the cot feet onto my support boards. The boards are held in place with quick-grip clamps. I like to use these clamps since I can mount them with one hand.

You are right, these cots have more give than a foam mat. I also use a thin Thermarest pad as needed for warmth. I use a piece of rubber shelf mat to add some friction so the pad stays in place.

IMG_6853.jpg

That's really nice I'd not seen the ThermaRest cots. Now I have to do some research Have fun on the Salish!

My wife and I just finished the Salish 100. This was a great trip with some good sailing days. I did row some, and yes I did use my motor for the occasional longer stretches with no wind. Even with my wife and gear for the trip, the boat tracked and glided well.

That cot solution looks pretty slick.

I was sailing downwind from Kingston/Appletree Cove as the Salish 100 fleet was working upwind. First I had to dodge the salmon fishermen off Jeff Head then you guys!
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by stromborg View Post

I was sailing downwind from Kingston/Appletree Cove as the Salish 100 fleet was working upwind. First I had to dodge the salmon fishermen off Jeff Head then you guys!
    Steve, You should have joined us!

Thought about it but I was really enjoying my downwind run. It looked like you all stopped for the night in Appletree Cove? Must have been quite a sight and just a bit crowded.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan