Thread: java html

Default java html

can anyone advise on a good place online for my son to study these and others ,thank you
    Boat Designer. Boatbuilder

Default Re: java html

Maybe the Khan Academy? (FF, as in for free?)
    "The future is already here it's just not very evenly distributed." William Gibson

Java is a programming language. It's not too 'hard', and is a good intro to JavaScript and C++ which are cousins. Best bet is downloading the Java Development Kit, thinking of some easy programming exercises and setting to: how they operate, variables, functions, classes. Goog!e is your friend towards the right resources in this instance.

HTML is a markup language for the Internet, CSS is the coding used for display. Version 5 is the current way to control and display webpages. You can (often) right-click and save webpages' source files for the HTML and CSS resources for any webpages that take your fancy.

Depending on how your son works/learns best, these might be the easiest routes 'in'.

Personally, if he is 'ok' with the basics of coding, a Wordpress website (or similar) would introduce a learner into CSS.and thereby control of the look. You can delve deep without breaking stuff.

For coding? It depends how your son learns. For myself, I found (still find!) 'things I need to code in order to solve stuff', and thereby tend towards ActionScript (a sort of JavaScript/Java) whose programming mode I naturally lean towards. Each to their own, I guess.

Otherwise? Loads of Java help online.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

For example...I play Kerbal Space Program. I've seen online resources that calculate Pork Chop Plots: these determine the most efficient way to get spaceship A from B to C. They're cool. But I wanted to do Grand Tours (a la Voyager) to the outer planets in the game. I know the maths involved (thank you, Wikipedia), I know ActionScript (thank you, former job) so it's an exercise for the grey matter to write some code (in Flash, this instance) to determine the minimal propellant I need to do B to C to D to wherever. Programming is/can-be frustrating, yet fun. Finding a way that enthuses the learner, that promotes learning, is the key.

All the time.

What floats your son's boat? Can he see it, later translate it, into a Java application?

Job done.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

A techie friend says:

https://code.org/
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

There are also any number of books which serve as excellent tutorials.
    "The future is already here it's just not very evenly distributed." William Gibson

thanks guys
    Boat Designer. Boatbuilder

Cool Re: java html

I'm studying this java with a donut.
    I'm finding it much easier.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Has he programmed before? My first programming language was BASIC when I was in high school. During that process over several months I learned about writing code per se. I really enjoyed it. After that first step I was able to learn any number of other languages pretty easily.
    Will

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)