Thread: That'll wake ya up inna mornin'.

Default That'll wake ya up inna mornin'.

I seared two toes at the weekend stepping on a BBQ coal barefoot. That was three days ago, the skin has started to come off.

This morning half asleep as I was making coffee I stepped on a wasp which stung me exactly on the burn one of those toes. Exactly where I was burnt.

Got my attention.

Does this Voodoo-karma stuff come in threes? That's what's on my mind.

Default Re: That'll wake ya up inna mornin'.

In '64 when I started as a beach attendant a major morning chore was finding places where a charcoal fire had been buried. Thos things can keep burning for days.

Yeah the burn hurt, but mild inebriation helped somewhat. The secondary insult to my stupidity hurt far more, given as it was 0630 and I had yet to come to fully.

I am shocked and amazed at the probability of it however, my science-atheism has taken a blow.

I had to keep pressure on it for 200 miles of driving today, given that I am in Europe and the accelerator corresponds, which has further led me to question my past life, and the choices I did and did not make.

Presently using disinfectant and electrical tape, Jungle tactics are rocking my world.
    Last edited by lupussonic; 08-13-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Circumstances have coincidentally aligned in an unpleasant and painful manner. I suggest lying low for a few days, hopefully eroding any linear patterns that may be forming up.

My gratitude for the Chi SB, but I have an early start. If I didn't see such riches, I could live with being poor.

Coincidence you say?

Was doing my cursory () afternoon run through the threads, and checked this one out. As far as I noticed there was no mention of footwear in the posts, but this ad was at the bottom of the page:

Coincidence? Maybe. But if not, how do it know?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    In '64 when I started as a beach attendant a major morning chore was finding places where a charcoal fire had been buried. Thos things can keep burning for days.
    surprising isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    there was no mention of footwear in the posts, ..

No footwear was a common denominator I grant you...

But sheesh, at the BBQ I was drunk on beer and music, it was 35c and I still provided 15 people with perfectly slow grilled beef and pork, cumin and harissa burgers, olive oil and seasoned sliced zucchini, onions and tomatoes. I was also dancing REALLY well while doing this providing.

When I was stung I was sober as a judge, early morning, searching for my favourite Bayern Munchen coffee mug as the kettle boiled.

How can one connect the two events by saying there was a common denominator given such wildly differing circumstances? The lack of footwear is just a smokescreen for yourself so you can be comfortable with my weirdness man.

I still haven't arrived at a conclusion for all of this potentially cosmic-probability-weirdness. I mean I haven't settled on an idea that really fits, you know?

The third Law of Murphy says 'it is probably your fault'...I get it.

But what is Murphy's Law really...? A common mans way to understand entropy and chaos?

And as chaos most certainly exists, the butterfly does INDEED start a hurricane on the other side of the world, and scaling out, there is order to that chaos, and ever outwards in a spiral macro chaos and order.....and given that there is all this crazy unfathomable weird crap in its time and place in the world....

How for the love of Pete could I have been stung by a wasp..

in the

EXACT FECKING PLACE I LEAST NEEDED TO BE STUNG????

Should I get to my nearest tabernacle and pray?

I might be ready...

I got questions man...

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post

in the

I might be ready...

There are worse places to be stung actually...
    Things might be looking up!

Finished my chores in the dark one day last week- the final one was to split a barrow load of firewood and bring it inside. Finished, flopped down in my chair and immediately sprung upright again and began unbuckling my belt. Missus said What ARE you doing? I said there's something large crawling up my leg- it was about six inches above my left knee on the inner side. Got me duds off, turned them down and shook out a scorpion about two inches long. I thought Well that could have ended in tears
    I watched "fire walkers" in Fiji walking several times back and forth rather briskly across a bed of stones which we had seen them drag out of a big fire pit. It was very touristy- the fellers were wearing skirts made out of those coloured plastic things used to keep flies out of a doorway. They finished their performance, the small crowd clapped and went back to the bar. Then after pretty much everyone was gone, an old man came out on his own with a big armful of banana leaves and began placing them on the stones ready for the food to be cooked. The leaves began to smoke, and the old man finished and walked off- he'd been barefoot the entire time. I was seriously impressed. JayInOz

Three time s I've been in the emergency room getting the sole of a foot sewn back together. The third time the doc asked me if someone had hit me with a hatchet. It was bad. Bad. I wear shoes now, everywhere, always.

But what is Murphy's Law really...? A common mans way to understand entropy and chaos?

And as chaos most certainly exists, the butterfly does INDEED start a hurricane on the other side of the world, and scaling out, there is order to that chaos, and ever outwards in a spiral macro chaos and order.....and given that there is all this crazy unfathomable weird crap in its time and place in the world....

in the

I might be ready...

Hey! I deny any responsibility whatsoever for your damn wasp sting! Clearly though, you need to lodge a complaint with the Karma department, as it seems completely unreasonable what has happened. Go buy a lotto ticket, or shout a pretty girl a drink or something, and hopefully nature will balance itself.

Yours,
    Pete
    Like a miracle, all the trolls disappeared

Sorry to hear about your burns but like the way you faced up and are managing.

Do you ever have room in the cab for another? It would be fun to hitch a ride with you on a run.

According to a local doctor wasp stings can give you tetanus from wasps that have underground nests . Tetanus is very bad but the vaccine lasts a good long while .
    Nature is the result of human caused extinctions

Does this Voodoo-karma stuff come in threes? That's what's on my mind.
    Threes, hah! You'll be lucky. As old Will used to say "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions."
    Still, you can get around that by practising Feng Shui. Just make sure all the toes on the affected foot are pointing in the same direction
    Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Sorry to hear about your burns but like the way you faced up and are managing.

Do you ever have room in the cab for another? It would be fun to hitch a ride with you on a run.
    We should get together next time you're in Europe... get some motorbike camping in. Personally I think Czechia is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I believe I answered you in #11. Further:

During their hunting sprees in the spring and summer seasons, they also like to look out for scraps of meats. Wasps like protein-based foods, so they’re easily attracted to leftover meat and other food scraps in your trash bin. If your family likes grilling food out in the yard, always watch out for wasps sneaking into the food on your plate or going near the bits of food that fell on the floor. Contrary to what you may think, the wasps are there to eat the food, not attack you.

So, the common denominator you've been seeking is - grilling. a)you grilled your toe. b)wasps like grilled meat. c)wasp is attracted to grilled toe. d)you inadvertently step on wasp enamored of your grilled toe. e)she stings you believing you're trying to squash her. Viola! questions answered.
    I will ponder your wisdom Mr Fred. There is more to this clockwork universe than meets the eye.

We should get together next time you're in Europe... get some motorbike camping in. Personally I think Czechia is in order.
    I would love that. I just got a new pack tent. I would be glad to follow your route and itinerary. As soon as they let us cowboys out of this corral you can count on this dude being back. It also goes the other way - when you are ready I have a bike for you and would be glad to show you the great western US.

When the stars align let's do it Ted.

When I was a kid, we were camping on ... Cape Hatteras? Hunting Isoand, South Carolina?

Nice day, I was out in the water swimming. Suddenly my leg was on fire. Incredible pain.

Got back ashore. Blistered white stripes across my thigh.

Apparently, I'd had a run-in with a Portuguese Man O'War jellyfish.

Luckily... in my case, one was more than enough to satisfy the Gods.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)