Thread: Bravo Eugenia

Default Bravo Eugenia

This is anchored out in Elliot Bay this weekend. BRAVO EUGENIA belongs to the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

358 feet LOA, carries 14 guests and 30 crew.

[I have seen fuglier though.]

Explain to me again why tax dollars go to build stadiums and arenas for professional sportball teams, and to subsidize them?

Last edited by Nicholas Carey; 08-09-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Default Re: Bravo Eugenia

There are now several wealthy folks in the U.S. who are worth over $100 billion.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

"Explain to me again why tax dollars go to build stadiums and arenas for professional sportball teams, and to subsidize them?"

Might have something to do with the monies donated to political campaigns.

I was happy when Seattle said "No" and let the basketball team leave.

At least the late Paul Allen's yacht was tasteful (at least from the outside, never saw photos of the inside), and equipped and used for offshore research in addition to personal conveniences and luxury. Which, by the way, is still up for sale, last I saw.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    I was happy when Seattle said "No" and let the basketball team leave.

At least the late Paul Allen's yacht was tasteful (at least from the outside, never saw photos of the inside), and equipped and used for offshore research in addition to personal conveniences and luxury. Which, by the way, is still up for sale, last I saw.
    Paul Allen was always a great owner for the Trail Blazers. And my impression is that same about the Seahawks.

I was sad to see the Sonics leave. Great rivalry scuttled. But I don't blame Seattle for telling the overweening slimeball owner to invest his own money rather than demand the taxpayers pay more than their share. Cities benefit economically from sports franchises. But owners benefit more. Far more.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Shouldn't it be 'Brava"?