Thread: river bliss

Default river bliss

Most wonderful day playing in a small river with the family. The highpoint was little 9 mo old grandaughter in a pfd laying on her back floating and seeing her consciousness drift away. Not exactly bliss but letting go in a way that surprised me. “How can you be so relaxed?” After that we played with rocks.

Default Re: river bliss

We all need days like that!
    We'll be seeing our 4 month old granddaughter on Labor Day weekend and dipping her tiny toes in the lake.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

A big 'Thumbs Up ' to you both !!!!

I love your imagery. A warm summer day turned into a great memory you will always have in your heart.
    My mind wanders terribly. My daydreaming as it is has been of immense use to me as regards to imaginative thought. I use it to take me to places others have yet to go and brings me back safely home.

As a farm kid, I had little access to the pool, and swimming. We made a point of getting all of our kids comfortable in the water, and all swim very well, and much enjoy it. Now the next generation - and kids from 2 - 6, all very comfortable in the pool. My 2 yo GD was recently 'floating on her back' in a pfd.... same dreamy expression you describe. Priceless.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

George, Most of the time I’ve been with little ones and cool river water there’s a bit of clutching and fear before finding comfort and fun. This was something else. She half closed her eyes and just was there. I didn’t notice it at first while my daughter was with her holding the handle on the pfd by her head with the current pointing her feet down river. “Dad check this out” and I looked over. I figured the sun was shutting her eyes so I shaded her and she barely smiled looking as content as after being breast fed.

Love it. Grandkids - your reward for not killing your kids!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Love it. Grandkids - your reward for not killing your kids!
    True that. This was a gift. Out of the blue. Kind of a baptism but elemental. Just be.