Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letter From The NRA

Default Re: Letter From The NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    . . . but I hope you'll stop at supporting Russians.

. . .
    Ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Again, you most eloquently accuse others of your own crimes.
    We seem to be at an impasse, then, if that's how you see it--unless you, or some other (McMike seems to have declared himself not up to the task), can present a convincing case for treasonous or substantially improper political activity by the NRA. (The greed of its upper management is a separate issue.) I have outlined what's needed for such a case. If you really think there's substance, start the ball rolling; don't wait for NY's Democrat-inspired civil suit. By the time that's resolved, we may be past caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    So - you're good with Wayne jetting about, supporting Russians who are trying to ruin our government etc.? ...
    Which Russians? I'll ask you for the same: a coherent response supporting your (so far) unsubstantiated charges and connections.

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    (McMike seems to have declared himself not up to the task),
    You're not worthy of my effort. Sorry about your luck. The NRA is a treasonous group and those who support them are traitors. Traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Originally Posted by kgr1
    (McMike seems to have declared himself not up to the task),
    You're not worthy of my effort. Sorry about your luck. The NRA is a treasonous group and those who support them are traitors. Traitor.
    Mr McMike doubles down.

And so it goes.

David Keene, Alexander Torshin, NRA President Pete Brownell, Maria Butina, and Sheriff Clarke.

Putin confidant Pavel Gusev, Sheriff Clarke, and major NRA donor Joe Gregory in Moscow.

Screenshot_2020-08-09 Dae9yguUQAA_Ky6 (JPEG Image, 4096 × 2730 pixels) - Scaled (27%).jpg

The whole crew: NRA funder Arnold Goldschlager, NRA President Pete Brownell, NRA funder Joe Gregory, David Keene, Maria Butina, Sheriff Clarke, Alexander Torshin.

Screenshot_2020-08-09 Scott Stedman on Twitter Welcome to Russia comrades featuring David Keene,.jpg

Mr McMike doubles down.

And so it goes.
    Aaaand you're still a traitor, but by sheer and willful ignorance and not, presumably, evil intent . . . lol, I'd respect you more if you were evil and making a conscious choice . . . And so, it goes.

We seem to be at an impasse, then, if that's how you see it--unless you, or some other (McMike seems to have declared himself not up to the task), can present a convincing case for treasonous or substantially improper political activity by the NRA. (The greed of its upper management is a separate issue.) I have outlined what's needed for such a case. If you really think there's substance, start the ball rolling; don't wait for NY's Democrat-inspired civil suit. By the time that's resolved, we may be past caring.
    You're already past caring.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    David Keene, Alexander Torshin, NRA President Pete Brownell, Maria Butina, and Sheriff Clarke.

[Pretty convention picture, to generate credibility.]

Putin confidant Pavel Gusev, Sheriff Clarke, and major NRA donor Joe Gregory in Moscow.

[Another pretty convention picture, for more of the same.]

The whole crew: NRA funder Arnold Goldschlager, NRA President Pete Brownell, NRA funder Joe Gregory, David Keene, Maria Butina, Sheriff Clarke, Alexander Torshin.

[And a third, for the clincher!]
    Great. A good time was obviously had by all, and probably is still fondly remembered, five years later.

So, what was the venue, what was the purpose of the trip, what was discussed, and where is the evidence for treason, wrongdoing, or impropriety? (Don't forget hankey-pankey.)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    Oh dearie me. Are you suggesting the NRA was laundering Russian money for the Donald? Well, make the case; otherwise, it's just smearcase.

Cyrus Vance Jr., you might want to remember that name, will make that case.

So, smearcase is all you've got. Enjoy.

I've got your "smear" right here.

Oh dearie me. Are you suggesting the NRA was laundering Russian money for the Donald? Well, make the case; otherwise, it's just smearcase.
    In between the posts making fun of you, there have been links to articles. Guess you've chosen not to read them.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Oh! that is a nice smear, fits to a tee

You, and others, seem to care quite a bit about the NRA, enough that you applaud the obvious smear tactics used against it. Even the usually rational B(otB) gets so upset that he loses facts and timeline in his rush to jump on the bandwagon.

Again, give me (and everyone else reading this thread) a clear timeline of activities in regard to the named Russians (or any others), what those activities were, how the NRA aided them, and in what way, and how and why those activities were improper or "potentially treasonous." I have pointed out the obvious reasons for the stretches of the "minority report." The Democrats would like nothing better than to eliminate the political clout of the NRA as a factor against their attempt to overthrow the Constitution and the will of the people.
    Oh JFC, I've been an NRA Life Member since about 1978. But corruption is corruption. I get to vote on the NRA board but the choices are corruption or corruption due to only being able to vote for those nominated by the nominating committee, and it's been that way for a long time.

Wiki will save me the trouble of retrieving all of this information myself, which I did follow closely:

Russian influence

Further information: Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections
    Investigations by the FBI and Special Counsel Robert Mueller resulted in indictments of Russian agents on charges of developing and exploiting ties with the NRA to influence US politics. The deputy governor of the Central Bank of Russia, Aleksandr Torshin, is suspected of illegally funneling money through the NRA to benefit Trump's 2016 campaign. In May 2018, Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee released a report stating it had obtained "a number of documents that suggest the Kremlin used the National Rifle Association as a means of accessing and assisting Mr. Trump and his campaign" through Torshin and his assistant Maria Butina, and that "The Kremlin may also have used the NRA to secretly fund Mr. Trump's campaign."[98][99] Torshin, a lifetime NRA member who is close to Russian President Vladimir Putin, has been implicated in money laundering by Spanish authorities who have characterized him as a "godfather" in Taganskaya, a major Russian criminal organization.[100][101]

Butina was arrested on July 15, 2018 and charged with conspiring to act as an unregistered agent of the Russian Federation and using Republican operative Paul Erickson for cover and connections as she developed an influence operation designed to "advance the interests of the Russian Federation." The FBI acquired an email Erickson had sent to an acquaintance in 2016 stating, "Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns, I've been involved in securing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key [GOP] leaders through, of all conduits, the [NRA]."[102][103] According to the affidavit, from 2015 through at least February 2017, Butina worked at the direction of Russian who was a high level government official and official at the Russian Central Bank.[104][105][106] In December, Butina agreed in a plea deal to cooperate with federal prosecutors.[107][108]

In a 2018, in a letter sent to Sen. Ron Wyden and addressed to Congress, the NRA acknowledged it had accepted approximately $2500 in contributions from 23 Russian nationals or people associated with Russian addresses since 2015. In an earlier news interview the NRA's lawyers stated that the NRA had received less than $1000 from only one Russian donor. According to a Wyden aide, the NRA letter would be referred to the Federal Elections Commission.[109][110]
    According to the minority Democratic staff of the Senate Finance Committee the NRA acted as "a foreign asset" of Russia during the 2016 election, putting its tax exempt status at risk. The allegations were made in a 77-page report on an 18-month investigation released on September 27, 2019. An 18-page rebuttal by majority committee Republicans said the Democratic report demonstrated "little or nothing."[111][112][113][114]
    It should give you pause when an organization is too corrupt for Oliver North. He actually tried to clean things up and was immediately ousted.

Edit to add: (linked rather than copied here due to post length limits)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver...le_Association
    Last edited by Bob (oh, THAT Bob); 08-13-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.