Thread: Obituary blames Trump and anti-maskers for death

Default Obituary blames Trump and anti-maskers for death

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an...ks/ar-BB17wtBE

An impassioned obituary for a 79-year-old coronavirus victim blames Trump for his death, then calls out Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and people who refused to wear masks

• The widow of a coronavirus patient in Texas is blaming President Donald Trump, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, and anti-maskers for her husband's death.
    • Stacey Nagy published an impassioned obituary which ran in the Jefferson Jimplecute, according to a note that Nagy wrote on Twitter.
    • "The blame for his death and the deaths of all the other innocent people, falls on Trump, Abbott and all the other politicians who did not take this pandemic seriously and were more concerned with their popularity and votes than lives," Nagy wrote.

David Nagy, who died on July 22, is one of nearly 7,000 Texas residents who lost their lives to the novel coronavirus.

Heartbroken over her husband's death, Nagy's grieving widow, Stacey, wrote an impassioned obituary, placing the blame on President Donald Trump, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, and what she described as selfish anti-maskers.

"The blame for his death and the deaths of all the other innocent people, falls on Trump, Abbott and all the other politicians who did not take this pandemic seriously and were more concerned with their popularity and votes than lives," Nagy wrote. "Also to blame are the many ignorant, self centered and selfish people who refused to follow the advice of the medical professionals, believing their 'right' not to wear a mask was more important than killing innocent people."............
    "George Washington as a boy
    was ignorant of the commonest
    accomplishments of youth.
    He could not even lie."

-- Mark Twain

Default Re: Obituary blames Trump and anti-maskers for death

I think Trump's responsible for lots of deaths that could have been avoided, and I'm at a loss as to why no class action suit has been filed.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I think Trump's responsible for lots of deaths that could have been avoided, and I'm at a loss as to why no class action suit has been filed.

....back of the line.

So, does anyone else think the widow is going to get some hate mail and maybe even a death threat or two?

I do.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    So, does anyone else think the widow is going to get some hate mail and maybe even a death threat or two?

I do.

back of the line for the widow.

There will be many more.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ci...9331&fhid=5702

Black Mountain - Sandra Shuler Thomas, 82, passed away on Saturday, July 4, 2020, at the CarePartners Solace Center.

A native of Bryson City, NC, Sandra was a daughter of the late Manley Shuler and Ellen Cline Shuler. She was also preceded in death by her sister, Colleen Bowles.

Mrs. Thomas retired from Western Carolina University where she worked for many years in the Controller's Office.

She is survived by her daughter, Sandra Lynn Thomas; granddaughters, Morgan Blazer and Alison Blazer; sisters, Leo Stanberry, June Luther and Sue Moses; and brother, Grover Shuler.

In lieu of flowers, think of Mrs. Thomas while casting your vote to remove President Trump from office.

I said a couple of weeks ago that sooner or later an angry, grieving civilian is going to step out of the crowd and try to take trump out. To quote the "Malignant sh## funnel"- "It is what it is"- and it may well get him killed. JayInOz

I hope not, far too quick Jay and America has had quite enough of that already. Is Gitmo still open?………………...

Any leader worth his or her salt would avoid politicising the Pandemic response. This is one of many negative consequences to follow from such politicisation. Wisdom is such an outdated and irrelevant concept......
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Another way to do it, from comedy writer Laurie Kilmartin:

“I’ve had a pretty interesting pandemic,” Kilmartin, a stand-up comic, tells her Zoom room. “My mother actually died of covid about five weeks ago.” (“Awww,” some sympathetic listeners reply.)
    “Thank you very much,” Kilmartin says without missing a beat. “She was a Trump supporter who got covid, so the coroner ruled her death a suicide.” (“Ooooh,” some listeners wince.) “The actual cause of death just said: ‘her vote.’ ”
    From https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...n-coronavirus/
    Sometimes you've gotta leave the kibble out where the slow dogs can get some....
    ... Roy Blount, Jr.

8 major EU countries and 26 states have a higher death rate per capital than Texas. The US has a CFR of 3.2%. those same 8 EU countries has a CFR of 12.3%. Texas has a CFR if 1.2%.

I understand the grieving widow's situation. I have a hard time seeing how Trump, despite his miserable shortcomings, stands out for having the blame of so many deaths. And an even more difficult time with Abbot.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofswen View Post
    Really, you are quoting a number based on May 26th? Ok. On May 26th the CFR of the US was 5.8. As of Aug.4th, it is 3.2%. I don't know what else to say.

I would say Trump prevented a coordinated national response to the pandemic which resulted in more deaths and disruptions than if Trump hit his head in the bathroom and died last year.

^
    +1

Deliberately and actively prevented a coordinated national response to the pandemic. Donald Trump is evil. And Donald Trump is a fascist. What does that say about his supporters and his apologists?
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 08-05-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

Hey, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    I would say Trump prevented a coordinated national response to the pandemic which resulted in more deaths and disruptions than if Trump hit his head in the bathroom and died last year.
    I would agree with this statement. We would have done better, how much better? That is hard to say. As to the early stages of the pandemic, as has been well documented, the CDC got unluckiy with their tests that didn't work, this was hardly Trump's fault. We were doing shelter-in-place orders in our hotspots as soon as anyone else in Europe, as soon as Canada, our reaction was as quick as theirs. But the virus, being a virus, spreads in unpredictable ways and hit New York hard and quick.. By the time we blinked our eyes, New York was in dire trouble. I do think his main failing was not stressing masks, social distancing, staying home while sick, etc at the beginning of the summer. But I am not for sure what good it would have done if he had. We were in the middle of protests and riots throughout the country and for 2 or 3 weeks, few people were focusing on the pandemic. Not for sure what he could have done differently in late June and until now to help alliviate the current wave of hotspots.

But yes, overall, he has had a net negative effect IMO, but I cannot quantify that in any way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    I would agree with this statement. We would have done better, how much better? That is hard to say. As to the early stages of the pandemic, as has been well documented, the CDC got unluckiy with their tests that didn't work, this was hardly Trump's fault. We were doing shelter-in-place orders in our hotspots as soon as anyone else in Europe, as soon as Canada, our reaction was as quick as theirs. But the virus, being a virus, spreads in unpredictable ways and hit New York hard and quick.. By the time we blinked our eyes, New York was in dire trouble. I do think his main failing was not stressing masks, social distancing, staying home while sick, etc at the beginning of the summer. But I am not for sure what good it would have done if he had. We were in the middle of protests and riots throughout the country and for 2 or 3 weeks, few people were focusing on the pandemic. Not for sure what he could have done differently in late June and until now to help alliviate the current wave of hotspots.

But yes, overall, he has had a net negative effect IMO, but I cannot quantify that in any way, shape, or form.
    Peb, is it really hard to say? Not quantify as in “the moron is responsible for 47,893.65 deaths” but qualify in that he denied the experts and denied the mechanisms of government meant to protect and promote the general welfare. His incompetence and negligence killed people as do the politicians who emulated him, like Abbott.

Really, you are quoting a number based on May 26th? Ok. On May 26th the CFR of the US was 5.8. As of Aug.4th, it is 3.2%. I don't know what else to say.
    Weekly hospitalization rates and mortality attributed to COVID-19 declined during week 30 but may change as more data for admissions and deaths occurring during the most recent weeks are received. Mortality attributed to COVID-19 remains above the epidemic threshold.
    CDC this week.Should we thank Trump for that?

. We were in the middle of protests and riots throughout the country and for 2 or 3 weeks, few people were focusing on the pandemic..
    And if the rust faced moron had known how to step up and lead, that could have been avoided too. Your country would be a whole lot better off if your president just played golf and let grownups run the place unhindered. JayInOz