Thread: A (fortunately) $12 dilemma

Default A (fortunately) $12 dilemma

Got a little problem:. I ordered something from Amazon. I track the package and I'm told an attempted delivery (usps) was made on July 23rd, but my driveway and front door were not accessible, and we'll try to deliver it again.

We can't think of anything on July 23rd that would render our driveway or front door inaccessible.

Amazon let's me return or exchange for a variety of reasons. They seem to have NOTHING for a package that has simply not been delivered.
    Any suggestions?
    Can we have him keel hauled?

Default Re: A (fortunately) $12 dilemma

Amazon is mailing it in these days.

The site is a dumpster fire of Chinese sh!t.

2 day delivery is hit and miss.

I happened to notice that a package had not been delivered. I logged in and it said “Your package appears to be lost. What would you like to do?” I could cancel or reorder.

Hello? Maybe you fix the issue when you realize the package was lost?

I’m ordering direct from companies whenever possible.
    Last edited by bluedog225; 08-07-2020 at 05:43 PM.

A quick search of the internet did not locate your package, but it did find instructions as to how to complain.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amaz...+not+delivered
    Life is complex.

Complaining is a waste of your time, they will do nothing. Wait for it to be delivered & return it, or just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    A quick search of the internet did not locate your package, but it did find instructions as to how to complain.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amaz...+not+delivered
    That's instructions for a package that shows as having been delivered. Amazon lets you get a refund if your package was delivered somewhere else by mistake. My package has not been delivered anywhere, and Amazon is silent on that. One can ask for a refund/replacement for broken items, items ordered by mistake, items delivered to wrong address, items that arrived too late. Not for a package that doesn't show up as having been delivered at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Is your issue with Amazon, who shipped it via USPS, who then didn't deliver it when they had it, or with USPS, who didn't deliver it when they had it?
    Why b!tch about Amazon?
    I didn't think I was bitching about Amazon. I was merely trying to advise them this package NEVER got delivered, and they might want to know that.

I have sent the tracking number to my local postmaster, and we'll see if I get any response.

Fortunately, it's only $12. If I were Amazon, I'd want to know if something they sent was not delivered a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    That's instructions for a package that shows as having been delivered. Amazon lets you get a refund if your package was delivered somewhere else by mistake. My package has not been delivered anywhere, and Amazon is silent on that. One can ask for a refund/replacement for broken items, items ordered by mistake, items delivered to wrong address, items that arrived too late. Not for a package that doesn't show up as having been delivered at all.
    I gave you a large number of links. The ones I read indicated how to solve your issue.

But perhaps you could hand carry the USPS form to the USPS building and ask them for the package.
    Life is complex.

Also, perhaps if Amazon asks the postal service where my package is, they'll make more progress.

Should I send the video our neighbor sent showing the thief who got their package? Happening all over.

Sorry. You're right - someone else was. I had a $170+ vacuum cleaner from Amazon go missing. I told them it was past due, and UPS couldn't locate it. Amazon shipped another, which I received on time. The first one arrived about two weeks later, in a battered box. I told Amazon I didn't want a second one, and UPS picked it up the next day. This was eight years ago, so things may have changed.
    Things have changed.

Sorry. You're right - someone else was. I had a $170+ vacuum cleaner from Amazon go missing. I told them it was past due, and UPS couldn't locate it. Amazon shipped another, which I received on time. The first one arrived about two weeks later, in a battered box. I told Amazon I didn't want a second one, and UPS picked it up the next day. This was eight years ago, so things may have changed.
    How did you tell them it was past due? As I said, on Amazon's site you can ask for a refund or exchange for a variety of reasons, one is if it arrives late. Then you can ask for a refund and they let you print out a return label.

Maybe at some point, 45 days/60 days, they may realize a package hasn't been delivered and contact me.

I tried to cancel an order that I hadn’t received. I was told I couldn’t cancel because it had already been shipped. I could return it when it arrived. They kept sending me delay notices that the arrival date had changed, but could never cancel the order. Went on for about six months. Talked to several people on the phone, lots of emails, it still never arrived and I was never actually charged. I still get an email once in a while about it, lol.
    Tom

Got a little problem:. I ordered something from Amazon. I track the package and I'm told an attempted delivery (usps) was made on July 23rd, but my driveway and front door were not accessible, and we'll try to deliver it again.

We can't think of anything on July 23rd that would render our driveway or front door inaccessible.

Amazon let's me return or exchange for a variety of reasons. They seem to have NOTHING for a package that has simply not been delivered.
    Any suggestions?
    Amazon has turned into an evil empire, but the one good thing about them is that they take care of everything as the price of people selling through them. But you only have limited time to do so, I think 30(?) days from initial delivery, or at least expected delivery. Tell Amazon you didn't receive the package, immediately, and have them resolve the issue.

My concerns about Amazon are a) monopoly, b) squeezing sellers due to that monopoly, c) tolerance of counterfeit items. But Amazon got to where they are by offering superb customer service. The little I have used them, it was always superb, including resolution of problems. This is how Walmart decimated Kmart when the former first started out; Kmart customer service had started to nosedive just as Walmart's was skyrocketing (back in the old days, not any more).
    Last edited by Bob (oh, THAT Bob); 08-08-2020 at 01:42 AM. Reason: FROM initial delivery, not FOR
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

I dont use Amazon, being here in NZ Amazon is a river in South America. I do though order things through Ali Express in China, not a lot but there have been three items in the past couple of months. One didnt arrive in spite of the tracking app showing that it had been delivered, so I hit the appropriate button, explained what the issue was, and got an answer within minutes. Bear in mind that it would have been in the very small hours of the morning there when I made the complaint.
    I was asked if I'd prefer a new item to be shipped or a refund, chose for a replacement, and shipment was confirmed about 12 hours later. It arrived four days after it was shipped, remember that its 7000 miles from them to me.
    They seem to work very hard to make it work well for the customer.
    Impressive.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Any suggestions?

If it's gone AWOL and Amazon (the shipper and from whom you purchased it) isn't working to resolve the issue...

Assuming you purchased it with a credit - not debit - card, you can call your credit card provider, dispute the charge., and have it reversed.

That will either get Amazon's attention as the charge will be reversed and they're out cash and merchandise., or you'll have your cash back and can shop elsewhere.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    Amazon has turned into an evil empire, but the one good thing about them is that they take care of everything as the price of people selling through them. But you only have limited time to do so, I think 30(?) days from initial delivery, or at least expected delivery. Tell Amazon you didn't receive the package, immediately, and have them resolve the issue.

My concerns about Amazon are a) monopoly, b) squeezing sellers due to that monopoly, c) tolerance of counterfeit items. But Amazon got to where they are by offering superb customer service. The little I have used them, it was always superb, including resolution of problems. This is how Walmart decimated Kmart when the former first started out; Kmart customer service had started to nosedive just as Walmart's was skyrocketing (back in the old days, not any more).
    The problem is I can find NO way to tell Amazon the package has NOT been delivered. They have a list of reasons for return/exchange/refund, but not for non delivery.

I've spend considerable time on their website, and have found no way to inform them a package has not been delivered anywhere. If it shows up as having been delivered, and I don't have it, I can get a refund or a second shipment based on it having been delivered to a wrong address. In can get a refund if it's something I needed for, let's say a birthday party, and it didn't arrive in time.

Tracking simply says a delivery was attempted on 7/23, and another attempt will be made. NOTHING ELSE.

If there's a way to convey this to Amazon, I haven't found it.

Quote Originally Posted by john welsford View Post
    I dont use Amazon, being here in NZ Amazon is a river in South America. I do though order things through Ali Express in China, not a lot but there have been three items in the past couple of months. One didnt arrive in spite of the tracking app showing that it had been delivered, so I hit the appropriate button, explained what the issue was, and got an answer within minutes. Bear in mind that it would have been in the very small hours of the morning there when I made the complaint.
    I was asked if I'd prefer a new item to be shipped or a refund, chose for a replacement, and shipment was confirmed about 12 hours later. It arrived four days after it was shipped, remember that its 7000 miles from them to me.
    They seem to work very hard to make it work well for the customer.
    Impressive.

John Welsford
    If my tracking showed the package had been delivered, but I didn't get it, I could get a refund or a replacement. Tracking does not show the package was delivered.

I might find out one day soon that Amazon will catch that the package has not been delivered in 45 days, or 60 days, or some time frame.

I'm glad it's only $12

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    If it's gone AWOL and Amazon (the shipper and from whom you purchased it) isn't working to resolve the issue...

Assuming you purchased it with a credit - not debit - card, you can call your credit card provider, dispute the charge., and have it reversed.

That will either get Amazon's attention as the charge will be reversed and they're out cash and merchandise., or you'll have your cash back and can shop elsewhere.
    I had just done this; we'll see what happens.