Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superspreaders on Two Wheels

Default Re: Superspreaders on Two Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    With the average age of Harley rider being 47, they are well into that age group that should be very afraid of this Virus.
    We really need to get past thinking about age groups with this virus. In one way or another humans across all ages are affected by C-19, worst case scenario by getting sick and dying, best case is they survive and are going to have to figure out how to build a shattered global economy.

Going to Sturgis this year is just a monumentally stupid thing to do.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by stromborg View Post
    We really need to get past thinking about age groups with this virus. In one way or another humans across all ages are affected by C-19, worst case scenario by getting sick and dying, best case is they survive and are going to have to figure out how to build a shattered global economy.

Going to Sturgis this year is just a monumentally stupid thing to do.
    Exactly, 35 yr old motorcyclist goes to ER and resources are delayed or not there for him because of the virus. It’s one health care system.

Look for lot'tsa used Harleys for sale in several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Concordia...41 View Post

As stated above and that I don't take exception with, is the fact that a lot of the riders in the demographic are over 50, but maybe they're the 50% staying home. And hopefully more will stay home or stay outside of the crowded events. I haven't been to Sturgis (yet), but I've heard the riding is exceptional. Riding down A1A is one of the best parts of Bike Week.

My .02
    The group that I know that headed there are all over 50, doing well, and drove out in their big trucks, towing big campers, with bike garages as part of the camper. Trump signs are already set up at their camp.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    The group that I know that headed there are all over 50, doing well, and drove out in their big trucks, towing big campers, with bike garages as part of the camper. Trump signs are already set up at their camp.
    That's a Darwin / Trump thing I can't wrap my head around

I just do not understand how anybody things a possibly life threatening virus is a hoax. All you need do is look at the sheer numbers of dead or those hospitals completely full to the brim.
    FaIk nooz
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wilkinson View Post
    No iron butts on those guys? Maybe it is just me, but if I were going to a bike rally in such a beautiful country, I would want to ride there.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

People on bikes can be weird. I was at the Daytona Salt Flats on a ride from Seattle to Denver. A car with Quebec plates pulled up and parked with a Harley on a trailer. A man got out, wheeled the bike off the trailer, moved it a few feet and climbed aboard. His companions took photos and then the bike went back on the trailer and off they went down the highway.

DSCN1377.jpg
    Elect a clown expect a circus

No iron butts on those guys? Maybe it is just me, but if I were going to a bike rally in such a beautiful country, I would want to ride there.
    Towing the camper does give them a place to stay while they are there. Plus itís hard to carry all your trump paraphernalia on a bike. Plus the karaoke machine, stage, tents, beer, beer, beer, more beer, and some extra beer.
    Tom