Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast

Thread: So, I'm running a forum.

Default Re: So, I'm running a forum.

I wasn’t trying to be petty or nasty, mmd. I was simply curious as to why Ian had a change of heart. IF he had a change of heart, that is. Lee seems to have the same recollection I have. But perhaps we are both mistaken.
    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

Oh, <expletive deleted>, Tom. Don't take a leak in the Forum and try to tell everyone that you were just looking at the scenery. As soon as Ian put up a post, the usual crew showed up to challenge him on every thing he said, either this time or in the past. If you are really 'simply curious' and actually have an interest in Ian's world, drop him a PM and ask. As it is, challenging him publicly on why he did this, or said that, makes you look like a self-appointed playground monitor, trying to run off the kid that your clique doesn't like. It just appears childish and I am sick of how this group of supposedly mature men behave like Grade four schoolchildren.

Now don't go taking this all personal-like; it is a scattergun blast intended to hit a number of people, not just you...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

You and Lee are Not mistaken, Tom!

Someone had to say it, good post Michael.

If there's a Surreal-o-meter, this thread's tending to a 10.8, and there's a Sociology thesis a-brewing.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    If there's a Surreal-o-meter, this thread's tending to a 10.8, and there's a Sociology thesis a-brewing.

Andy
    There is?

I thought the topic was Abnormal Psychology....
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    There is?

I thought the topic was Abnormal Psychology....
    You're just being more specific! I was being polite.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Nutters gonna nut.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

I donít recall being insulted.

My, my..... we are a prickly bunch now, aren't we?

Actually appreciate seeing BF back here, though I know many aren't. Enjoyed the travelogues and comraderie. Sorry to (as always) see it devolve into this. mmd is right (really pains me to say that). And... we get as we give. Ya want 'prickly' with BF? Poke him with the pokey stick. Works every time. Ya want a thread with pikturs? Bury the hatchet, welcome a friend.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by mmd
    Now don't go taking this all personal-like; it is a scattergun blast intended to hit a number of people, not just you...
    No problem.
    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung
    Ya want 'prickly' with BF? Poke him with the pokey stick. Works every time.
    Copy. Not provoking him was the very reason I studiously avoided posting to BG's threads in the past. I did not respond to his farewell post. I should have followed that policy today. I have learned my lesson.

Or... decide he's really not such a bad sort. There's always that, eh?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

If you say so....

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Perhaps you missed the bit where before he "signed off" he craftily denigrated every one of us, including our host.
    Nope, I didn't miss the postings that Ian put up just before he stepped away. I did not feel denigrated in the least. I thought he was being pretty reserved after the ton of crap that was lobbed at him from all sides. We spoke several times afterwards, and I believe we remain on good terms.

... preservation of the species ... obvious intent to harm you emotionally... you as a human shouldn't forget that.
    OMFG. I can't believe that that drivel actually fell from your fingertips. Snarky comments on an obscure internet forum is going to threaten the species? Emotional harm, from an obscure internet forum? - you delicate flower; you had better sign out now and never come back, I feel for your anguish. Are you suggesting that because I was not offended that I am somehow not human?

What a pile of steaming ... well, you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd
    Nope, I didn't miss the postings that Ian put up just before he stepped away.
    Neither did I which is why I was curious why he decided to return. Of course he denied making any such post. So there's that. I remember it distinctly. Perhaps Scot deleted it?
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 07-27-2020 at 02:53 PM.

If you remember them, Tom, then you remember the 'piling on' that was happening every time he posted something, no matter how benign, too, right?

FWIW, I was not among those who regularly ganged up on Ian. As I previously stated, I studiously avoided either posting to Ian's threads or responding to his other posts.

You all are one bunch of clicky bitches, ganging up on the easy rider like that. I'd hate to go to middle school with you bunch. No wonder Dutch never came back... or did he?

Well, if you are innocent, then the crap that I am flinging won't stick, so you're safe.

Quote Originally Posted by George. View Post
    You all are one bunch of clicky bitches, ganging up on the easy rider like that. I'd hate to go to middle school with you bunch. No wonder Dutch never came back... or did he?
    I'm picking up on some ambivalence.... what'cha trying to say?

Perhaps you missed the bit where before he "signed off" he craftily denigrated every one of us, .
    Sadly not the first time you have posted something completely inaccurate to try and make someone else look bad.....you probably think this does not reflect on how others see you.......

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    I don’t recall being insulted.
    Yr from Texas, all dry and leathery.

mmd is firing on all cylinders today. that's some great analysis michael. and i like the delivery as well.

Ah, a needed breath of fresh air for this dying, fetid echo chamber of the bored and the embittered.

Cheers!

Here we go . . .

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Effing hilarious. A man who can't stick to his word is no man at all.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Oh no, SB, AlanMc, Skar, and MMD are ganging up!

How do you 'gang up on someone' on the forum? If multiple people comment on something, that is not 'ganging up', it is multiple posters commenting on something. If the OP holds zero interest of itself, then might it drift in the expected manner? If multiple people recall BF stating that the forum is dead, that he is leaving, and that he asked Scot to delete all of his posts, then there must be something there, right? If thousands of his posts end up deleted, not at that time but later, but 23,000 remain, why would Scot do that? Doesn't it make more sense that BF deleted the low lying fruit, his own threads?
    Oh... just STOP it. You are muddying up that narrative something fierce...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
    Ah, a needed breath of fresh air for this dying, fetid echo chamber of the bored and the embittered.

Cheers!
    Awww, nobody likes you. That smell is emanating from your mouth, might want to get it checked.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    If you remember them, Tom, then you remember the 'piling on' that was happening every time he posted something, no matter how benign, too, right?
    He earned that 100%. You get what you give.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    mmd is firing on all cylinders today. that's some great analysis michael. and i like the delivery as well.
    Smofin on your nose.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Oh, <expletive deleted>, Tom. Don't take a leak in the Forum and try to tell everyone that you were just looking at the scenery. As soon as Ian put up a post, the usual crew showed up to challenge him on every thing he said, either this time or in the past. If you are really 'simply curious' and actually have an interest in Ian's world, drop him a PM and ask. As it is, challenging him publicly on why he did this, or said that, makes you look like a self-appointed playground monitor, trying to run off the kid that your clique doesn't like. It just appears childish and I am sick of how this group of supposedly mature men behave like Grade four schoolchildren.

You'd be right but for one fact. There's a reason that you're fairly universally liked here, I think you're a good guy no matter what you think of me. Now, ask yourself why Ian doesn't get to claim the same? Why is he so widely disliked? What's the difference between you and him? Answer that and there's your answer.

<Reply to Canoeyawl's insinuation that I am somehow profiting from "forgetting" Ian's past transgressions:>

Well, it is good that I do remember, 'then, cause I ain't gettin' any money for forgettin'...

And all together now, the reds jump on
    Lol, they all can relate to having their own poo flung back at them by far more capable people than them.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    You'd be right but for one fact. There's a reason that you're fairly universally liked here, I think you're a good guy no matter what you think of me. Now, ask yourself why Ian doesn't get to claim the same? Why is he so widely disliked? What's the difference between you and him? Answer that and there's your answer.
    Well, thank you for thinking well of me. I still think that trying to run Ian off the playground is childish, though.