Thread: Sliding window repair

Default Sliding window repair

I am a new member of this forum and a new owner of a Roughwater 35 Sedan Cruiser. Boat is in Semiahmoo Marina Blaine, WA. Love the boat, hate the leaking slide-by windows. Hoping someone has dealt with this issue and can offer some advice on rebuilding them or steer me to someone who has. Thanks,

Default Re: Sliding window repair

Quote Originally Posted by AlanF View Post
    I am a new member of this forum and a new owner of a Roughwater 35 Sedan Cruiser. Boat is in Semiahmoo Marina Blaine, WA. Love the boat, hate the leaking slide-by windows. Hoping someone has dealt with this issue and can offer some advice on rebuilding them or steer me to someone who has. Thanks,
    I have the same problem with a RW41. I looks to me like I will need to remove the exterior wood fillet piece around the window and pull the window out. Many of the leaks seem to stem from the aft corner of the sliding portion, where the existing drain holes were undersized and led to water overflowing to the inside and down the cabin sides. My plan is to remove the window, clean up the channel, add more drainage holes, and reseal the window into the channel. One uncertainty is whether or not I can remove the window surround in one piece and put it back again. Early attempts suggest that will be difficult. If so, I will need to find a source to replace the original. Good luck with yours. I will let you know how I get along.

Just saw this interesting thread:

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...air-49238.html
    Last edited by Twosheds; 02-22-2021 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by Twosheds View Post
    I have the same problem with a RW41. I looks to me like I will need to remove the exterior wood fillet piece around the window and pull the window out. Many of the leaks seem to stem from the aft corner of the sliding portion, where the existing drain holes were undersized and led to water overflowing to the inside and down the cabin sides. My plan is to remove the window, clean up the channel, add more drainage holes, and reseal the window into the channel. One uncertainty is whether or not I can remove the window surround in one piece and put it back again. Early attempts suggest that will be difficult. If so, I will need to find a source to replace the original. Good luck with yours. I will let you know how I get along.

Just saw this interesting thread:

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...air-49238.html
    thanks for the feedback. Taking the exterior wood trim off in one piece will be a challenge. But so is dealing with the window leaks!

Thanks for the feedback. Taking the exterior wood trim off in one piece will be a challenge......but so is dealing with the window leaks!