Thread: Falmouth Cutter

Default Falmouth Cutter

Does anyone on this forum know any history on this Falmouth Cutter that is currently in La Paz:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tigr...92fou2ku9KyDXM

Looks quite beautiful in the photographs.

FalmouthCutter_IMG_0570.jpgFalmouthCutter_IMG_0571.jpgFalmouthCutter_IMG_0572.jpgFalmouthCutter_IMG_0573.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Falmouth Cutter

Year:1997Length:30'Engine/Fuel Type:Single / diesel
    Located In:La Paz, BCS, MexicoHull Material:WoodYW#:82200-3680851
    Current Price:US$ 87,900 (A$ 123,006)

Tigress II is a Lyle Hess design, Randy Hanford custom build 30’, Falmouth Cutter. Her design and construction are very similar to what many know as the Bristol Channel Cutter, also designed by Lyle Hess. Under a different name, Tigress II was launched in 1997 and the well-known sailing couple, Lin and Larry Pardey’s vessel Teleisin was the model and inspiration for this custom build.
    Every aspect of the design and the craftsmanship is an example of wooden boat building excellence. While speed, rough water capability and ease of handling were paramount considerations for the design, elegance and stunning woodworking craftsmanship rich with character, beauty and ageless perfection fills the interior with warmth and a real sense of home.
    The main saloon design is well thought out and spacious. Looking down from the companionway to starboard, you see the aft head and to port, the Maplewood bathtub. The center piece is a stunning adjustable, foldout, custom teak with maple inlay saloon table. On both port and starboard sides, there are sizable pilot berths topping ample storage space. A very accessible and modern galley and navigation station area with 6’4” headroom completes the main saloon. The forward berth is roomy and comfortable. Tigress II is spacious and comfortable lending it’s warm atmosphere to owners and guests alike.

Says it all really.
    Unless you need to know her cruising and maintenance history.
    A good surveyor is more important though.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

COVID-19 makes it difficult at best to try thinking about a boat purchase, especially one out of country that I would want to bring back to the states. What are the chances of finding a very knowledgeable wooden boat surveyor in La Paz, Mexico?

I just thought someone might know the builder of this fine vessel.

-Carl

Quote Originally Posted by carlforsander View Post
    COVID-19 makes it difficult at best to try thinking about a boat purchase, especially one out of country that I would want to bring back to the states. What are the chances of finding a very knowledgeable wooden boat surveyor in La Paz, Mexico?

I just thought someone might know the builder of this fine vessel.

-Carl
    Google is your friend. Your own link fook me to the text I c&p'd, which named the builder.

Surely the broker can arrange a surveyor if they are keen to sell?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

This is a canadian boat, you could obtain somes info about the owner from the registry of Transport Canada
    The liink is
    https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...details/839555