Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 73

Thread: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    31,640

    Default The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    .
    Oh my!

    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Port Richey
    Posts
    13,287

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Wow
    Tom

    "Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    16,656

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    That'll leave a mark.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Hyannis, MA, USA
    Posts
    49,102

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    I find this sort of propagandizing unpersuasive for anyone who does not care about the truth while it can give people who think they understand what Putin has been up to a patronizing sense of superiority. Useless.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bright's Grove, ON, Canada
    Posts
    9,343

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    His base will eat it up...
    Allan of the Grove
    "never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    7,749

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    ouch... that's a painful one for a puppet
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

    -Dalai Lama

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    57,488

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    I find this sort of propagandizing unpersuasive for anyone who does not care about the truth while it can give people who think they understand what Putin has been up to a patronizing sense of superiority. Useless.
    It’s too self indulgent but in a weird way didn’t make Russia look like a bad actor. They’re pleased we have a Russia friendly scrotus. What we actually have is a not so useful idiot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    31,640

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin
    I find this sort of propagandizing unpersuasive for anyone who does not care about the truth while it can give people who think they understand what Putin has been up to a patronizing sense of superiority. Useless.
    I agree that the ad is over the top.
    "We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren't true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered." -- Colin Powell, 10/30/18

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States of Stupid
    Posts
    11,498

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Yup, counterproductive.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,686

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    I agree that the ad is over the top.
    Right subject, wrong angle.

    Didn't go NEAR far enough.
    Rattling the teacups.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    56,420

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Not their best work. The pictures of Lenin, 'Tovarisch Trump', and the old hammer and sickle emblem are kind of silly, since Putin and the current Russian leadership is no more communist than I am. I'm not sure who they're trying to convince - maybe old-time cold war Republicans who still think of Russia as the Soviet Union, and our most powerful enemy? Or maybe they're just trying to p!ss off Trump and make him blunder?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N. Fal on Cape Cod
    Posts
    17,046

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    So I have a bumper sticker on the front of my car. It reads "Follow the Rubles".

    I have many patriotic bumperstickers on the back of my car. They read things like Kill Your Television, Corportations are Not People, I'm Secular and I Vote.

    Around here I get mostly admiring comments on my bumper stickers, but most of the time noone has noticed the one on the front.

    Often, when someone comments positively on my bumperstickers, I invite them to check out the one on the front.

    I did that a few weeks ago with a midle aged white man of the blue collar persuastion.

    He had a couple problems.

    First he pronounced ruble "rubble".

    Second, he didn't know what a ruble was.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

    Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,686

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    So I have a bumper sticker on the front of my car. It reads "Follow the Rubles".

    I have many patriotic bumperstickers on the back of my car. They read things like Kill Your Television, Corportations are Not People, I'm Secular and I Vote.

    Around here I get mostly admiring comments on my bumper stickers, but most of the time noone has noticed the one on the front.

    Often, when someone comments positively on my bumperstickers, I invite them to check out the one on the front.

    I did that a few weeks ago with a midle aged white man of the blue collar persuastion.

    He had a couple problems.

    First he pronounced ruble "rubble".

    Second, he didn't know what a ruble was.
    Rattling the teacups.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,179

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by S/V Laura Ellen View Post
    His base will eat it up...
    I probably should not have been surprised, but the other day I stumbled on a bunch of country music videos on YouTube. They were all anti-Democrat. One was called, "I think my dog is a Democrat." and others of that type. Wow.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    16,656

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    I think the idea behind this one is to get up Donny's nose, it's intended for an audience on one.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    Posts
    473

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Haaha

    Thanks

    America, The Best Show

    1 ruling class

    2 cultures facing each other ... and ...

    2 commercial teams

    The best moments in American politics


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    Posts
    473

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    From the crazy world of political marketing to reality:

    Former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder has condemned possible new US sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline as “deliberate termination of the transatlantic partnership.”

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    16,656

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dryfoot View Post
    I think the idea behind this one is to get up Donny's nose, it's intended for an audience on one.


    pushing buttons

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    35,709

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    I don't think this was their best work. I posted, before I saw this thread, that if you voted for Trump, you elected Putin.

    There's a lot of evidence that shows Trump IS Putin's puppet, and that's a point that needs to be made.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Traverse City MI and Charlotte NC
    Posts
    3,486

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I posted, before I saw this thread, that if you voted for Trump, you elected Putin.There's a lot of evidence that shows Trump IS Putin's puppet, and that's a point that needs to be made.
    This is utter nonsense.

    There’s plenty of evidence that Trump is a fool and a fluckwit. Jumping on the old standby of demonizing Russia is wearysome. Russian opposes American hegemony. We don’t have to like it.
    The Case is Altered

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    35,548

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Just saw this one. Wow...

    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    15,481

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret;[URL="tel:6245230"
    6245230[/URL]]Just saw this one. Wow...

    I recognize Stephen Root, who also plays the DA in “Perry Mason”, and was the Swingline stapler aficionado in “ Office Space”.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    28,900

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    I agree that the ad is over the top.
    We serfs are not the target audience of that one. That is aimed squarely at the republican side of the senate. If it turns only one seat it will have been a success.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    57,488

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Just saw this one. Wow...

    oh yeah, more liberal elite sarcasm denigrating real Muricans. Was funny and painful but I gotta say sincerity would be a better route than sitcom sketches.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    35,548

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    oh yeah, more liberal elite sarcasm denigrating real Muricans. Was funny and painful but I gotta say sincerity would be a better route than sitcom sketches.
    Better for the audience for which that was intended?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    20,231

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.


  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    35,548

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    You'll be voting for Collins, right Steven?

    Wouldn't want that commie Sara to get in after all...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    20,231

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    This one is really good:


  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    20,231

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    You'll be voting for Collins, right Steven?

    Wouldn't want that commie Sara to get in after all...
    I’m pretty sure no one in Southern Maine will be voting for Susan Collins. Up North is a different story.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    35,709

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhaseLockedLoop View Post
    This is utter nonsense.

    There’s plenty of evidence that Trump is a fool and a fluckwit. Jumping on the old standby of demonizing Russia is wearysome. Russian opposes American hegemony. We don’t have to like it.
    "Russia interfered in our election in systematic and meaningful ways" Think I got that quote correct.
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,686

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhaseLockedLoop View Post
    This is utter nonsense.

    There’s plenty of evidence that Trump is a fool and a fluckwit. Jumping on the old standby of demonizing Russia is wearysome. Russian opposes American hegemony. We don’t have to like it.
    I think that's utter nonsense.

    The Trump/Putin connection goes back to 2013 and Miss Universe Moscow.

    The spoor is thin, but each pellet reeks.

    It's not some wild conspiracy theory.

    The US Senate Republicans found that Russia interfered.

    This one goes out to Melania:

    Rattling the teacups.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    21,199

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    This ought to hit home.

    Last edited by Hwyl; 08-04-2020 at 06:49 PM.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    66,508

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Yeah... that Russia thing? Just a hoax <sigh>

    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  34. #34
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    57,488

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Someone should be able to use this.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...38276671397890

    Here's Trump in Ohio claiming that Joe Biden is "against God."

    "No religion, no anything, hurt the Bible, hurt God. He's against God," Trump says.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,679

    Default Re: The latest ad from The Lincoln Project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Not their best work. The pictures of Lenin, 'Tovarisch Trump', and the old hammer and sickle emblem are kind of silly, since Putin and the current Russian leadership is no more communist than I am. I'm not sure who they're trying to convince - maybe old-time cold war Republicans who still think of Russia as the Soviet Union, and our most powerful enemy? Or maybe they're just trying to p!ss off Trump and make him blunder?
    I agree. If anything it likely helps Trump in a way. No Trump voters in 2016, even those in the middle who matter in 2020, will want to admit to themselves that their decision was affected by Russian propaganda. Indeed, very, very few voters had their decision affected by Russian propaganda.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •