Thread: Carpenters in Eastern North Carolina

Default Carpenters in Eastern North Carolina

Anyone know any. I'm looking to hire a few. Part-time or full time. 12-pack of your choice reward to anyone that recommends someone I hire

Default Re: Carpenters in Eastern North Carolina

Are you looking for marine carpenter or house? What part of Eastern North Carolina? I'm familiar with Plymouth and a bit about outlying areas. Skills can be thin around there.

If they are a decent finish carpenter for residential I can work with that. Obviously, marine experience would be preferred. We are in Swansboro, 2 hours south of Plymouth, an 1:15 north of Wilmington and 35 mins from Morehead City.

I'll pass this on to a guy I know from Plymouth, We are in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I've been in Plymouth for 5 years part time. The boat building skillset I've met moved away, no work. Its a shame, I'd like the high school to do a boatbuilding portion of curriculum for the skills it builds in math and so on. And the fact your part of the world is more water than land. People go away when they are smart enough to get work away. Town has ready made location for big time builder, not many there can read a tape, much less cut to a sharp pencil line.

Try IYRS in Newport and the boatbuilding schools in Maine. They need to send talent South to enjoy the fine summers with us.

Yeah we are in the same boat here.