Thread: Printing plans

Default Printing plans

Hello! I'm unsure if these plans are meant to be printed to scale. I found this little legend in the bottom right corner of each sheet of the plans. Looks like this:
    20200620_110227.jpg

Does this mean I can take out to the printers and get full scale prints off of it? I thought A1 sheets were like 2ft by 3rd ish

Thanks

Default Re: Printing plans

Ask the source.

A-1 paper is rather large but as it says in the legend if you print it on that it will be 20 to 1 scale. I've had plans printed on A-1 size paper through online services such as staples or the ups store. it's usually pretty reasonable if you price shop a bit.

I looked it up, A1 paper is 594 841 mm or 23.4 33.1 inches so its the size of a poster. I've had a lot of plans printed on 24"x30". it's a nice size and easily manageable. I would say go for it, you will appreciate the extra detail than if you shrunk it down to 8.5x11 paper.

Thanks!

You can always run off a page on A1 and check the scale to see if it's correct. Regular 20# paper should only cost a few bucks.

If you don't have a good printer nearby, I used Blueprints Printing online and had my Gartside plans run off full size. No association, I just found them through google. I got 5 pages on 18# vellum for about $50 with shipping. Regular paper would probably be half as much. Kind of silly, but they're really nice. They also have various weights of paper and tyvek, mylar, or vellum.

Pretty easy to use, but your digital document has to be sized exactly right or they won't accept it. I had to use photoshop to resize one of mine so it'd print correctly.