Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay is 85 today

Default Re: Jay is 85 today

Good on you Jay. What are you doing that is special for your 85th? Gotta be something abnormal or even irrational. Well, maybe not irrational as there are later years to do that.

September 17th will be my 89th year aboard this vessel which is not sinking although there is a bit of list. Thinking seriously about a tandem hang gliding flight in western North Carolina to celebrate. Never done hang gliding before and the mountains sound like a neater and higher deal than nearer Jockey's Ridge.
    Tom L

Jay,

I've never seen a birthday thread last this long. I guess longevity runs in your family.

I've often been heard to say that fine wine, schooners, and schooner captains have one thing in common. The older they get, the better they are. While I do honestly believe that abut the wine and the schooners, I only included the captains part to make me feel better about getting OLDER. I usually had to use a crowbar to remove my tongue from where it had been firmly implanted in my cheek after uttering those words.

I have recently (10 minutes ago) realized that a simple, insignificant change to my wording will allow me to unequivocally state that "Fine wine, schooners, and schooner sailors have one thing in common!".

Thank you.

PS: Please note the change to my tagline.

PPS: On second thought, you probably qualify under the original wording. Can I change my tagline back?
    Schooner sailors love to get blown offshore!

I know I’m just a week late Jay, but wishing you all the very best of health and happiness for your 85th year ahead and for many more to come.
    Very kind regards
    Greg
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Weeks late but happy birthday anyway! I always enjoy your knowledgeable and polite additions to these conversations. You are quite the gentleman.

Kenny
    Almost everything about boats involves so much more time and money than one anticipates that rational and accurate planning will deter even starting. Ian McColgin

Thanks again to all! I must admit that there are times that I must bit my tongue when making comments on other posts!
    Jay