Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Mitch McConnell is increasingly vulnerable in Kentucky, thank God.

Default Re: Mitch McConnell is increasingly vulnerable in Kentucky, thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Bingo. Strive for 'perfection', vote for 'what's possible'.
    So then, Kentucky voters should vote for McConnell?

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

i love you ytom
    starry eyed dreamer you be
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    i love you ytom
    starry eyed dreamer you be
    Honestly, I don't know how much that's a good thing and how much it's a bad thing. But it does seem to be true to some extent.

It's too bad that, other than Gandhi, MLK, and many others, there are no examples from history of dreamers succeeding in making significant changes, despite resistance. Yep. Someone should have told them to limit their vision to "the possible."

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    So then, Kentucky voters should vote for McConnell?

Tom
    Binary choices seldom address the issues. But you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Please name the Bilge posters who were opposed to a primary.
    Here you are reducing the infinite complexity of the 2016 election to 'running a moderate.' Then you use that construct to address 2020 with an equal over simplification.
    Try again.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Please name the Bilge posters who were opposed to a primary.
    Short memories in the Bilge, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Because ideologues on the left share an attribute with ideologues on the right: both are divorced from political reality. Both would rather lose while remaining ideologically pure (by their lights) than win while compromising.

The stakes in 2020 are too high to countenance such petty nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ron II View Post
    It’s evidently the time honored Democratic tradition of divide and be conquered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Carey View Post
    Amen, Brother Thomas!
    And of course, this one:

I am simply saying that the goal is to beat Mitch. Having Bernie and AOC back the presumptive losing horse in the primary, and a likely loser to Mitch in the general, is not the best approach. The goal is not to pull the Dems to the left in the primary, while giving Mitch ammunition and doing his work, rather, the goal is to beat Mitch.
    That's just from the first page and a half of this thread. There are probably more.

Tom

www.tompamperin.com

No. You still haven't given a quote from anyone 'opposed to a primary.'

As long as you continue to manufacture premises, then use them as springboards, I will continue to comment on your posts.
    Oh, by all means, comment away. But you're delusional if you can't see how the posts I quoted are voicing opposition to the idea of a McGrath-Booker primary in Kentucky.

Tom

www.tompamperin.com

( I think we would be better as a country under a system modeled on the THE PARLIAMENTARYSYSTEM OF DENMARK )

ok, back to your discussion.