Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paranoid About the Wrong Things

Default Paranoid About the Wrong Things

It's almost certainly not going to be conservatives with guns running amok and massacring liberals, a la Hutus and Tutsis. Far more likely is something more subtle.

Note how the phrase 'The Russia Hoax' has become a tribal badge among Trump supporters. The claim that Russian interference in the 2016 election was a 'hoax' is a complete falsehood, of course - but that doesn't matter. Trump promotes the 'hoax' idea because of his pathological narcissism, which can't admit the idea that he didn't win the election entirely by his own brilliance, whether the outside help was significant or not. Supporters cheerfully follow along.

Remember that Russia doesn't give a **** about Donald Trump. He's a useful idiot, but the goal is to weaken their most powerful rival, to break up the western democratic alliance, and to discredit the very idea of moderate pluralist democracy, the idea that brought down the USSR. Mr Putin does not forget. They've had 3-1/2 more years to look at the problem and develop strategies, and are willing to take major risks. And the federal government, under the both incompetent and malevolent leadership of Trump, has done not nearly enough to make things more secure,

Consider this scenario: All sorts of things go wrong with the presidential election. State voter databases get corrupted, computers crash, weird things appear in results, electronic voting goes all to hell - a complete sh!tshow, on many small local and state levels, made worse by the epidemic. Trump loses, but not overwhelmingly. Being a pathological narcissist, having no ethics at all, and fearing jail as a private citizen, he claims he won. There is good evidence of extensive Russian hacking, but not enough to convince the True Believers, and the agencies charged with finding out are headed by Trump lickpittles. Several critical Senate elections are also in doubt, as is control of the Senate. The redhats rally round.

I don't know what the hell happens then; is there enough of the center left to hold? One way or another, Russia would be several large steps closer to accomplishing their goals

There's a very, very good article in The Atlantic looking at some of this. I highly recommend it. If it's behind a paywall for some folks, I'll post it in installments here.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 05-11-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Default Re: Paranoid About the Wrong Things

Well. That was a ray of sunshine.

'Do you think' our local trolls - MnDave, skary, woody, geng - might just ALL be ruskie trolls?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Nah. Skaraborgcraft maybe, and I wonder about Sky Blue sometimes, but there are plenty of folks in the US who sincerely believe that Mr Trump is doing the right thing. Resources are limited, and the WBF isn't important.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

This thread, and especially your last post, just shows where the true paranoia lays, years of unfounded accusations and yet you complain of others dishonesty. You seem to be taking one of Trumps own methods that you whinge about, that being repeating a lie so much that people end up believing it. An open display of hypocrisy. How the hell is America going to improve when some people refuse to change their idiotic beliefs, yet here you and others are, complaining of Trumpkins. LMFAO.
    Ian. AKA RusBot.....for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post

FWIW I have never read anything that might lead me to suspect Skara as a troll, Russian or otherwise.

Wow, those bots are quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Nah. Skaraborgcraft maybe...
    You DO realize he has a substantial above-decks presence here on the WBF, right? Lots of boat-related postings.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    This thread, and especially your last post, just shows where the true paranoia lays, years of unfounded accusations and yet you complain of others dishonesty. You seem to be taking one of Trumps own methods that you whinge about, that being repeating a lie so much that people end up believing it. An open display of hypocrisy. How the hell is America going to improve when some people refuse to change their idiotic beliefs, yet here you and others are, complaining of Trumpkins. LMFAO.
    "Well, he would say that, wouldnt he?"
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    You DO realize he has a substantial above-decks presence here on the WBF, right? Lots of boat-related postings.

Tom
    Frank! is a keen dinghy sailor as well as being a totally gullible bampot. Owning or posting about boats says nowt about your politics or your mental agility.

Tom
    What? You saying boat-loving and Ruskietroll are mutually exclusive?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Tom
    Thanks Tom, but despite what you and others have said in the past, it matters not. Some people have an urge to hate , and they wont give that up just because the reality does not mesh with their own delusions. Cheers anyway.

FWIW I have never read anything that might lead me to suspect Skara as a troll, Russian or otherwise.

Tom
    Deep cover.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Frank! is a keen dinghy sailor as well as being a totally gullible bampot. Owning or posting about boats says nowt about your politics or your mental agility.
    And having letters after your name and being knowledgeable about maritime stuff does not give you a crystal ball into other peoples lives.

Really deep cover. But surprisingly thin-skinned.

You'd *think* a ruskietroll would be impervious to insult, perceived or otherwise. Like geng. Or woody. Or SB...

All irrelevant to my points in the first post. May I point out the obvious? We have no way of knowing whether any particular poster on the WBF is a professional troll or not, or whether they're working in the interest of any government - nor does it matter much. Either what's posted here is worth reading, or it isn't.

Richard Feynman

and all too frequently - it isn't
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

I used to believe there was a group of core believers who will follow the teachings of conservative talk show hosts (government bad, taxes bad, etc.) and they can never be reached.

Then there is a group of liberals who see through the lies.

Last, there is a group in the middle that we must fight for.

I now realize there is a fourth group - the right of middle that will only see the lies when Trump reveals them. There is motion in the middle and Biden's election numbers are climbing above Trump's. Where I used to believe we should deny Trump a microphone, I now know that what we must provide him is a genuine crisis.

And having letters after your name and being knowledgeable about maritime stuff does not give you a crystal ball into other peoples lives.
    And that is of relevance to my post how?

We all go by what is written on here, unless we can share an EBS to allow us to see past the pounded keys.

All irrelevant to my points in the first post. May I point out the obvious? We have no way of knowing whether any particular poster on the WBF is a professional troll or not, or whether they're working in the interest of any government - nor does it matter much. Either what's posted here is worth reading, or it isn't.
    I read it. I had been thinking about it since it came out that this Tara woman is a Putin brown noser. I was thinking that Putin is probably drooling over how easy it will be to mess with the 2020 US election with the coronavirus to help. Ideally for him, it will be a close and disputed one. Best case scenario, neither side concedes and the US is left without a functioning government, and perhaps civil unrest.

Keith, your prediction of the coming election fiasco is entirely plausible, alas. From here it looks like there are two ever diverging Americas which will clash violently sooner or later on a National scale.

And that is of relevance to my post how?

About as relevant as your post was to Toms . "just because" ......

Keith, your prediction of the coming election fiasco is entirely plausible, alas. From here it looks like there are two ever diverging Americas which will clash violently sooner or later on a National scale.

Thanks Martin, I might just steal that as my new sig.line. Ozna has calmed down since he has seen the error of his ways.

[...]

I do think the same. To me scaraborgcraft is someone who posts things I mostly don't agree at all, sometimes I don't understand, and in a few occasions he is plain right.

@scaraborgcraft
    You should not degrade critic comments at Putins politcs as insult to the Russian people, I think.
    Gruß, Günter

Keith, how about simply not being paranoid and use this fine language to accurately describe what is known with appropriate modifiers for uncertainty and conjecture?

About as relevant as your post was to Toms . "just because" ......
    Comprehension problems much? My meaning went right over your head.

Either that or you are tooo sensitive by half, thinking that everything is about you.

Tom was talking about you, true. My comment was a general point about not making baseless assumptions.

Wide-ranging comprehension problems is one plausible explanation for the bulk of his 'contributions' here.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Wide-ranging comprehension problems is one plausible explanation for the bulk of his 'contributions' here.
    And your excuse is what? The vast majority of your posts seem to be political GIFS or random C+P from Yahoo or other dubious sources, yet rarely anything from your own mind with any commitment outside of making random assertions against people you have on ignore. Yet you assume to take the moral or even intellectual high ground. Would be funny if it were not so bigly sad.......but of course (to quote someone) i could be wrong.......

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Really deep cover. But surprisingly thin-skinned.

You'd *think* a ruskietroll would be impervious to insult, perceived or otherwise. Like geng. Or woody. Or SB...
    Or just maybe, if you are even capable of following your own logic in your post, if that person you are accusing of being a 'Ruskietroll" really isnt, then perhaps the thin-skinned comment should really be of little surprise? But it appears you have little understanding of anything you post. Why was you here again?

Lots of whataboutism and deflection...

Waiting for Keith to post some meat..
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Comprehension problems much? My meaning went right over your head.

Either that or you are tooo sensitive by half, thinking that everything is about you.

Tom was talking about you, true. My comment was a general point about not making baseless assumptions.
    Fair enough. Tom was referring to me in the post you responded to, its not me making things about "me", its other people, and this thread has much derogatory comments, too sensitive? maybe......its late here, and the ridiculous accusations wear thin after a time, much to the enjoyment of some. Apologies to you if required Nick, but who the feck is Frank anyway? Frank Spencer???

Quote Originally Posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt View Post
    Lots of whataboutism and deflection...

Waiting for Keith to post some meat..
    Dont hold your breath.....

Frank! of the Evolution / creationism 899 pages thread, I think. Nicks hero...

PS, don't do a whoopsie in your beret.

Frank! of the Evolution / creationism 899 pages thread, I think. Nicks hero...
    NickW, Nicholas Scheuer?

Frank! is sad and pathetic, not heroic.

Imagine something as important as a religious epiphany being based on the lies in Creation.crap and noansweresinGenesis.com? Bigly sad.

It's almost certainly not going to be conservatives with guns running amok and massacring liberals, a la Hutus and Tutsis. Far more likely is something more subtle.
    Being as I'm the only one here warning of a potential liberal genocide, I'm guessing that you characterize me as paranoid delusional.

Good to know.

Nice little data point.

ETA my apologies to McMike.
    Rattling the teacups.

I think it's hilarious you refuse to acknowledge that the case you put forth wouldn't result in armed revolt. If Trump loses and decides to stick around and has to be forcibly removed, or the results are too close to call. Why is that so hard for you to accept the worst as an outside chance? Are you that much in denial? Have you not seen what Trump and CO are capable of in terms of flouting the Constitution already?? Shall we all just sit and wait for some magical unicorn riding in on a cloud to save us and our country? What happens when Trump wins again, even legitimately? We will see no justice, we've already seen that law and order no longer applies to the one person it matters most for it to apply to.

I have spent the last three years listening to the rabid Trump supporters simply state that the only result they will accept is another term, nothing else . . . what is it you think they mean by that? They all say it the same way.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross