Thread: 200,000 deaths will be seen as a 'good' job

Default 200,000 deaths will be seen as a 'good' job

Americans have a short memory, but our president cannot, under any circumstances, honestly claim he did a good job.

He will claim it, and FOX et al will promote it.

Facts are what they are. This president disbanded the agencies that were created precisely for this type of threat. He called it a hoax. He said there were 15 cases that would soon be down to zero.

It seems states with governors who praise him have more success in getting necessary equipment.

He's never seen any urgency, and hasn't shown any. That may change, but everything in this country is, sadly, political, but putting his poll numbers above lives is taking 'political' too far.

The public deserves to know truth, especially from our president.

I maintain his slow reaction will increase fatalities by four, admittedly a guess.

But no serious argument can be made that quicker action by our president would not have saved a lot of lives
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Default Re: 200,000 deaths will be seen as a 'good' job

If it happened to his spawn, he'd think differently. OOOPS, after thinking about that, I'm not sure he would.

Having defined 200,000 as a good job it will be interesting to see how he goes when the toll passes half a million.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Having defined 200,000 as a good job it will be interesting to see how he goes when the toll passes half a million.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    At that point, it would be; "Well it's not my fault!"

One third of the human population was infected during the Spanish flu pandemic. If we see that level of infection with CV-19, the US will see 110 million cases. At a one percent case fatality rate there would be 1.1 million dead. So limiting the total deaths to 200,000 will indeed be a job well done.

It's good to remember that CV-19 is amazingly transmissible, so a one third infection rate may well be wishful thinking.

I thought he said 100,000.

I can't help thinking that comparing the outcome of an epidemic 100 years ago to a current one might not provide a fair claim to a `good job' if 100,000 people die, let alone 200,000. I'd be thinking more along the lines of `preventable disaster' that wasn't.

Rick

I'd be thinking more along the lines of `preventable disaster' that wasn't.
    Other countries have shown they can control the infection rate. But the US continues to impress with its lack of leadership and abject ineptitude at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryLL View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]

Other countries have shown they can control the infection rate. But the US continues to impress with its lack of leadership and abject ineptitude at the top.
    And at the bottom.

Possibly a realistic estimate now, but we go back to Trump holding back on admitting it was a problem. The US now far exceeds even China in infected cases, and deaths. They had warning and did nothing. No 200+K is not good, just as good as you can expect, because of the denials by the administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    And at the bottom.
    For sure. There are plenty of voices that say it's no big deal, or just a hoax, or maybe some sort of liberal propaganda, or that it's the will of god. My district representative claims its a total hoax, as is global warming.

There's abundant dumb****ery at every level.

Given the incompetence and maladministration of the current regime, 200,000 would probably be a 'good number'.