Thread: Tiger Woods Auto Accident

Default Tiger Woods Auto Accident

Tiger in two car, roll over accident in Palos Verdes. Jaws of life needed to extract him from vehicle, film at 11.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Default Re: Tiger Woods Auto Accident

I'm sorry to hear it, but additional information should be interesting.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

The only thing known is that it happened at 7:15 PST AM this morning, speculated it was two cars, although only Tiger's car is visible at the scene. Tiger rushed to the hospital from the Hawthorn Blvd location.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

It’s a sweeping downhill with plenty of visibility.

Hyundai Genesis SUV. One thing to note about SUVs, high speed + inattention + clip a curb = rollover.

Another car stopped to help and was struck by a third car. Minor damage.
    Last edited by Jim Bow; 02-23-2021 at 03:41 PM.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Had to be a pretty high speed crash. Front end of the car is gone.
    Hope the guy recovers.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

I got angry. Show starts with this accident. In three minutes we learn he was the only one in the car, they needed the hydraulic jaws to get him out, he went to hospital and his legs were probably broken.

Then they spent more than half an hour talking about this without have anything new to say.

Why, after the first three or four minutes, after everything they knew was broadcast, could they not move on to other topics.

Let us know when new information comes.

This reminds me of, MANY years ago, a hijacked plane landed at Kennedy airport, and all our antenna channels, which is what we had then, broke from their programming to cover the plane, which spend 45 minutes taxiing.

The poor talking heads had to keep talking when they had NO information other than the plane had landed was was taxiing. They didn't know where it would stop. They could have broken in when it came to a stop.

When Obama announced Ben Laden was dead, the news broke in a few minutes before 11 pm. I was watching a 'who done it' and that show ended at 11, but the news broke in before it ended, so I didn't see who done it.

Talking heads only knew an announcement was coming. They had to fill air time until the announcement came which was maybe a half hour or more after they broke into normal programming.

I find this annoying, and I have to think they don't really care for it.
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

Not entirely true. The 'news' I saw mentioned the accident, alluded to the extent of injuries, and then veered off into the weeds, resurrecting his infidelities and end of marriage yadayadayada....

'if it bleeds, it leads. If it ain't bleeding enough, stab it a few times'
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

dont get mad. change the channel.

Have the police found a woman, waving a golf club, chasing him?
    Just an amateur bodging away..

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    turn the compost pile!

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    Could be interesting, yet difficult - I don't watch tV news.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    turn the compost pile!
    Seems a bit extreme, yet redundant.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Had to be a pretty high speed crash. Front end of the car is gone.
    Hope the guy recovers.
    And the car wound up 30 feet off the road on the wrong side of the street. He won't get any medals for driving.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    And the car wound up 30 feet off the road on the wrong side of the street. He won't get any medals for driving.
    Probably 3-400 yards...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Probably 3-400 yards...
    Wow! I meant to say 30 yards, but 300 yards? He must have been flying!

He is finished as a pro golfer. You may see him on the old guys circuit, but that's all, ffffffolks.

He can mentor his son now.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Could be interesting, yet difficult - I don't watch tV news.

Seems a bit extreme, yet redundant.
    It has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Iíve ridden my bike on that stretch a bunch. Like Crenshaw itís posted 45 mph but where it goes up the hill people can come down at 50 mph coasting. Someone can easily go 60 mph on a road thatís not built for 60 and a wrong move things happen fast.

Right leg and ankle shattered, now held together with rods, pins and screws.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Iíve ridden my bike on that stretch a bunch. Like Crenshaw itís posted 45 mph but where it goes up the hill people can come down at 50 mph coasting. Someone can easily go 60 mph on a road thatís not built for 60 and a wrong move things happen fast.
    this is what the first responder sheriff deputy said
    he also said tiger's wreck was the third of three wrecks on the same hill in one day
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    he also said tiger's wreck was the third of three wrecks on the same hill in one day
    Maybe Tiger wasn't as much to blame as I thought. I mean, he is still the driver of his car, but it seems he has lots of company for some reason.

I'm sorry that Tiger was in a car accident. I understand his ranking as a golfer, and (though it's not said as often as I'd expect) his cultural importance as a black golfer, top of the world.

But he's a sports dude who had a car crash. How many other people who had serious car crashes yesterday, whose impact on their corners of the world were as large? Not celebrities, so we DGAF?

I'm so tired of celebrity-driven news. Or identity driven news. Or ideologically driven news. Baah.

I wish him the very best recovery - as I would pretty much every other nameless person sharing time in the same hospital.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

It's the celebrity factor. 'We know him' - we've heard of him. All those other folks? Not so much. Never heard of 'em. Might not have even heard about their accident.

Same as the Eric Clapton/ 'god' commentary. We only hear about him because .... we talk about him. We 'know' him. I suspect the most difficult part of celebrity, is becoming known, a household name. After that - easypeasy.

Three accidents on th same stretch of road the same day....? maybe another factor, diesel spillage, gravel wash-out ?
    Frida Kahlo 'mind your own business, Diego'

From The Hill:

Sheriff: Tiger Woods was driving about 40 mph over limit before crash

Golf star Tiger Woods was driving about 40 miles per hour over the posted speed limit before he crashed his SUV in February, the Los Angeles County sheriff said Wednesday.

"The primary causal factor for this traffic collision was driving at a speed unsafe for the road conditions and the inability to negotiate the curve of the roadway," LA Sheriff Alex Villanueva said at a press conference.

The sheriff said Woods was driving between 84 and 87 miles per hour, while the Genesis SUV he was driving was going around 75 mph when it crashed into a tree.

The sheriff said the posted speed limit in the area was 45 mph.

Woods crashed in Rancho Palos Verdes, near Los Angeles, on Feb. 23. He suffered serious injuries during the crash, but he was able to go home and recover in March.

"There were no citations issued and there were no signs of impairment," Villanueva said.

Villanueva denied that there was any special treatment given to Woods.

The sheriff said no speeding ticket can be issued because the speed was not observed by an independent witness or a police officer. A reckless driving citation cannot be issued because Woods was only speeding and didn't disobey any other road laws, the sheriff said.

Woods said he does not remember the crash and police said he can not attest to what speed he was going during the incident.
    Sheriff: Tiger Woods was driving about 40 mph over limit before crash (msn.com)

Anyone surprised?
    Elect a clown expect a circus

The police report said the throttle was at 99% before the crash, and the brakes were never applied. Another case of unintended acceleration.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tige...investigation/

Driver error has led to many accusations against the vehicle manufacturers over the years. It nearly destroyed Audi back in the 80’s. Toyota and BMW have gone through bouts of it in more recent years. I’m sure that Hyundai/Genesis are appalled that this occurred in a vehicle intended to market a new model!

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

How many girlfriends he got now anyway...did the news happen to mention?

Unintended acceleration my butt. If you’re too stupid to step on the stop pedal you don’t need to be driving in the first place. This is only about his lawyers trying to keep his sorry a$$ out of trouble. He’s had 2 other serious motor vehicles violations on his record.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Too stupid isn't it. Doing eighty-five in a forty-five, on a winding downhill, why was his foot not already on the brake pedal? What was he doing that he couldn't get his foot off the gas and on the brake?

And why does there need to be a witness of him speeding to cite him? They used math and the physics of his vehicle's trajectory and impact to deduce his speed, confirmed by the vehicle's electronics, and so they need a witness of some sort to verify that?
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Going that speed, and hitting the curb on a curve, there’s nothing you can do. You’re along for the ride.
    The Algorithm Is Watching