Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Hope (Hicks).

Default The Return of Hope (Hicks).

Returning to the White House after a 2 year absence, allegedly to work as an "Advisor to the President," though reporting to Kushner. Not communications.

The Twitter scuttle is that actually, it's a "Hail Mary" move to cope with Trump's declining mental state. Hope will be a Trump fluffer, soother, wrangler, elder-care nurse ... accountable for how well she keeps the orange menace together to the Princess Royal and her Consort.

With Mueller over and the Barr DoJ unlikely to pull on any inconvenient threads from her past tenure, it's safe enough for her to return.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: The Return of Hope (Hicks).

I can't help but wonder if Trump will reach a point where GOP realizes he's not stable, and if they do, will they care?
    How do we form a mutiny? Our new captain is navigating poorly.

I'm a bit more cynical, I think Hope is being pulled back in before she gets a subpeona.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Quote Originally Posted by switters View Post
    I'm a bit more cynical, I think Hope is being pulled back in before she gets a subpeona.
    I agree, can't have her publish anything to damaging the close to the election.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Returning to the White House after a 2 year absence, allegedly to work as an "Advisor to the President," though reporting to Kushner. Not communications.

The Twitter scuttle is that actually, it's a "Hail Mary" move to cope with Trump's declining mental state. Hope will be a Trump fluffer, soother, wrangler, elder-care nurse ... accountable for how well she keeps the orange menace together to the Princess Royal and her Consort.

With Mueller over and the Barr DoJ unlikely to pull on any inconvenient threads from her past tenure, it's safe enough for her to return.
    Maybe she has been under Kushner rather than reporting to him...

Dunno. I think Hope has proven herself to be a good little soldier, breaking it off with Trump and moving across the country but not spilling any pillow talk. Having been subpoenaed once and talking to Congress, it's unlikely that she'd be subpoenaed a second time, however evasive she was.

It is an "insurance" move to get her back inside the circle, I agree, but I doubt it's insurance against her telling stories. I think it's a recognition that the Orange one's really losing his crackers, and that nobody but the beautiful Hicks has had the magic touch to talk him down, regulate his extracurricular meds, and soothe some of the itch in his poor Twitter thumbs. She's a wrangler, and maybe a fluffer. An elder-care staffer paid to do the ignominious coddling/cajoling work that neither the First Lady nor the Princess Royal will or can or care to.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

They also brought back the bodyguard who was frog marched out two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    They also brought back the bodyguard who was frog marched out two years ago.
    Yeah. After being dismissed for a gambling problem and associated "serious financial issues," which impeded his ability to get a security clearance ... now the guy is (truly) in charge of White House personnel.

Wait until he remembers that 'Hope' was an Obama slogan

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I can't help but wonder if Trump will reach a point where GOP realizes he's not stable, and if they do, will they care?
    Did they care abour Ronnies dimentia?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Yes, they did.

It was a plus, it allowed them to do whatever they wanted.

^ St Reagan (may Allah smile upon his esp gay heirs) was ever a puppet.

Guided by the best astrology

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Why do these people all look like central casting found them to play bad guys in the movies?

Why do these people all look like central casting found them to play bad guys in the movies?
    'cause central casting found them to play bad guys in the movies?

It seems that a requirement for WH employment is that a person have at least one major legal/ethical issue!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

This screams "he's starting to argue about his pills".
    whoa, camel. WHOA CAMEL!

One wonders if she exchanges notes with Carrie Symonds?
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    Reagan left office in January, 1989. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in August, 1994, and died in 2004. It's unlikely he was suffering dementia during his term of office.

Did they care abour [sic] Ronnies [sic] dimentia [sic]?
    Loss of language skills is one of the early signs of the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    Reagan left office in January, 1989. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in August, 1994, and died in 2004. It's unlikely he was suffering dementia during his term of office.

Loss of language skills is one of the early signs of the disease.
    Have you had a private conversation with Rick-Mi and bobbys yet?

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Well, England survived the last ten yrs or so of KING George 111.

and now Spicer and Priebus are back in the fold? Call Steve Bannon, they're getting the band back together!

whoa, camel. WHOA CAMEL!

You should note that Demented is different than Dementia which are symptoms, and they are each different than Alzhiemer's disease.
    Regan was a demented puppet, suffering from occasional dementia while in office (Enough so that a meeting of the cabinet was held to discuss using the 25th amendment to remove him from office)

If you have lived with someone long enough to notice the onset of dementia and finally Alzheimer's you would recognize how ridiculous your comment is.
    Much like cancer, the disease is usually far advanced before an accurate diagnoses will be given.

Another lib attack on women, a Republican woman that rises up in the wrong political party will be mocked , like some of these posts, that woman will be reduced to being a elder care nurse ,wrangler, fluffer, rtc.

Shame on you libs, some here have daughters or wifes in the work force.

Crickets from liberal women on this forum.

My daughter is a executive, faces c><p from men, . To some men she faces just what some creeps here say about women..

What total hypocrites on this forum..

Must be your wife's genes bobbys.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    If you have lived with someone long enough to notice the onset of dementia and finally Alzheimer's you would recognize how ridiculous your comment is.
    Much like cancer, the disease is usually far advanced before an accurate diagnoses will be given.
    I imagine that this was even more true three decades ago than it is today.
    whoa, camel. WHOA CAMEL!

Ms. Hicks’s title when she left belied her influence with Mr. Trump, who felt more personal comfort with her than with almost any other adviser. But on her return, she will report to Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, and work with the White House political director, Brian Jack. Her title will be “counselor to the president.”

I wonder why I read that as "consoler" to the president.

Ivanka is watching, Melania must be nervous!!

Bless your heart, bobbys.

I wrote no "lib attack on women," I wrote a very specific observation about the return of one woman to the White House. And the rather demeaning and sexist role she'd refused to continue to serve for Trump ... and to which she's been cajoled into reassuming.

Hope Hicks' only reported skill is her magic touch managing Trump's behaviour. Countless on and off the record reports described how Hicks alone could calm Donald out of a rage, could coddle him into listening to what actual "program" folks in the room were saying. Could manage his tweeting, his temper, his peevishness. Her "Trump wrangling" and "fluffing" and "elder care" duties ran from making hand-written cue-cards with several "compassionate" phrases and questions Trump could say to the families of kids killed at the Parkland school shooting, to (literally) pressing the wrinkles out of his pants.

For this glorified nose-wiping Hicks earned the top White House staff salary bracket (nearly $200k).

Hope Hicks had no other skills (besides modeling) on her resume, and since leaving a wan and mopey Trump at the White House door (she's refused Donald's texts/phone calls, apparently) she didn't earn a PhD in public policy or etc. Whatever she brought to the job before, the White House advisor circle needed it back. Especially now, in the Election period.

They've dropped the fiction that Hope played a "communications director" role too; now she'll simply be an "advisor to the President." But it's gently instructive that Kushner will be her direct supervisor this time, which provides a layer of insulation and protection from whatever mysteries had led Hicks to quietly but firmly exit the White House for self-imposed exile 3 time zones away.

Yeah, I think Trump treated Hicks as his "emotional support animal" before, and that Hicks (who presumably is a woman of some ambition) found it emotionally destructive and demeaning. I support Hicks' self-care in busting out of a demeaning and sexist role before, and am frankly a bit concerned for her that she's agreed to put on her fluffer and soother duds again, even with Kushner apparently watching her back against it turning emotionally abusive.

And more than that, I think it's offensive as hell that the POTUS is so incapable of managing his own emotional life that he needs a pretty and pliable female soother to primp and fuss him into finding his "better self."
    Last edited by TomF; 02-14-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    What total hypocrites on this forum..
    Maybe you better leave, bobbys, lest you become like them due to association.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

I haven't seen many images or videos of Hicks, but just on the two photos in this thread... cocaine.

I'm not suggesting that this is new territory for white house senior staff in any administration of the past 30 years, but still noteworthy.

Having said that, I'll also say that I hope she's effective at whatever job she's taken on. We need everyone in that building to be as good as they can be.
    whoa, camel. WHOA CAMEL!

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Maybe you better leave, bobbys, lest you become like them due to association.
    Oh, I thought he was talking about himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    You should note that Demented is different than Dementia which are symptoms, and they are each different than Alzhiemer's disease.
    “Demented” is an adjective, and is indeed different from “dementia,” which is a noun describing a set of signs and symptoms. Dementia is among the signs of Alzheimer's disease.

Regan was a demented puppet, suffering from occasional dementia while in office (Enough so that a meeting of the cabinet was held to discuss using the 25th amendment to remove him from office)

And yet that cabinet discussion never went anywhere. Perhaps you should research the episode a little more carefully, and provide a reliable citation that supports your version. (Your childish rendering of the man's name as “Regan” suggests that your opinions may be informed by less than objective sources.)

And yet that cabinet discussion never went anywhere
    It obviously did - they decided to continue using him as puppet.

And Canoeyawl may be given to a (reasonable) misspelling, but he's not much given to childish. That he is aware of St. Reagan's (< note?? - may Allah smile upon his esp gay heirs) many shortcomings is obvious. That you aren't is too.

Why yes, I do have nothing but contempt for Reagan & Co, why do you ask?

Having dealt with two grand parents with dementia, it is an insidious disease. By the time it is obvious, the victim is already far down the path towards complete incompetence. It us one if the diseases I wish we could truly cure as it robs the sufferer if their most important thing -who they are
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama