Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia…………...

Default Virginia…………...

""RICHMOND, Va. ─ Thousands of gun-rights activists, banned from carrying their weapons out of fear of violence, crammed into the Virginia Capitol on Monday to urge state lawmakers to reject sweeping measures to limit the spread of firearms.
    We will not comply," activists chanted from both sides of a security fence ringing the Capitol grounds. The crowd was largely white and diverse in age, with most wearing orange stickers saying "Guns save lives." Many rode chartered buses from all over the state, then waited hours in line to get into the Capitol grounds before passing through airport-style security. On the other side of the fence, large crowds formed and many activists openly carried firearms, including long guns. Many also wore camouflage and military gear."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...l-not-n1118811

Default Re: Virginia…………...

Just a thought - but why not 'draft' these yahoos, and send them to Syria for a lil' action? Win/win, maybe.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I took a look and, lo and behold, there are 365 days in the year. Yet, these yahoos pick MLK day to protest against gun laws. Golly gee, why this one day out of 365? I wonder.... could it possibly be a message to blacks to 'know their place otherwise bad things, like a bullet to the head, can happen'? Duh.

Gun nuts and white supremacy, made for each other. Trumpsters, one and all.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Will not comply if there is a duly passed law? Will not comply if that law, once inevitably taken to the Supreme Court, is determined to be Constitutional?

Fine. Will they willingly allow themselves to be arrested, tried, and jailed for their issue of conscience, in the same way that (hey, it's MLK day!) civil rights activists did? That peace activists did? That environmental activists do today? Because being a "prisoner of conscience" is a moral victory?

No?

OK. So when does this become "sedition"?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I guess when the arms they tout become active……………..

I took a look and, lo and behold, there are 365 days in the year. Yet, these yahoos pick MLK day to protest against gun laws. Golly gee, why this one day out of 365? I wonder.... could it possibly be a message to blacks to 'know their place otherwise bad things, like a bullet to the head, can happen'? Duh.

Gun nuts and white supremacy, made for each other. Trumpsters, one and all.
    Wrong.

Monday's rally is part of Lobby Day, an annual event in Virginia where advocates of a variety of causes descend on Richmond's Capitol Square to plead their cases to legislators.

"Wherever there is a channel for water, there is a road for the canoe. " - Thoreau

I’d like to see the wearing of camouflage, other than for hunting made illegal. Same with all the “tactical” gear these numbnuts always love to sport. There’s no good reason to walk around in this country dressed like your ready to go to war. It’s done in an attempt to frighten and intimidate. It’s a form of terrorism.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I guess when the arms they tout become active……………..
    Seems to me that it's broader than that. If there were a "bloodless military coup" in which a group of heavily armed military took charge of the Capitol building, the Supreme Court, and the White House - detaining and deposing those various officials without actually firing off the weapons they carried ...

I think "sedition" goes to actions taken supported by the capacity/willingness to use force to overturn the rule of law, not only to actual firefights.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

They probably should have consulted with the Governor about what to wear to the party.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/u...blackface.html
    "Wherever there is a channel for water, there is a road for the canoe. " - Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    They probably should have consulted with the Governor about what to wear to the party.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/u...blackface.html

Fart!

Ralph Northam's record of public service speaks for it's self. If you want to judge a man for his actions at a drunken frat party 40 years ago. ....go for it
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Most Richmonders have better things to do today.

I’m working in the garage today.

7D915159-4FBE-4951-8221-D5F0FDB1849D.jpg
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    I’d like to see the wearing of camouflage, other than for hunting made illegal. Same with all the “tactical” gear these numbnuts always love to sport. There’s no good reason to walk around in this country dressed like your ready to go to war. It’s done in an attempt to frighten and intimidate. It’s a form of terrorism.
    Guess you haven't been in Cabela's or Bass Pro lately, it's in style.

Perhaps we could commission a new version of M. Python's "I'm A Lumberjack". I suggest an all encompassing "I'm A Manly Man And I'm Okay".
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Make a clothing pattern illegal? Good grief.

Wrong.

Monday's rally is part of Lobby Day, an annual event in Virginia where advocates of a variety of causes descend on Richmond's Capitol Square to plead their cases to legislators.

OK... so it's Lobby Day. How many of these yahoos know that? They came for the hate. They thrive on it.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Wrong.

huh, after lee Jackson king day stopped there became a day for white grievance.

weird

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Make a clothing pattern illegal? Good grief.
    It's already illegal to wear camo in these countries :Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica, Nigeria, Oman, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

If carrying weapons in public is legal, why the face masks to hide their identity?
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

If you're half way intelligent you'd wear high vis clothing when hunting, too many people dont fully identify their targets and deer dont wear bright orange which makes that less likely.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Cool Re: Virginia…………...

Some camo clothes are insulated and warm.
    I buy what's cheap and sometimes that's camo.
    I know it's designed for hunting(or intimidation) but I'm shovelin snow or workin on the truck...outside.
    Besides I like being invisible.
    Especially here in Ohio where we have those crazy gun laws.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Peacefully concluded according to CNN...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/20/p...ond/index.html

Now the fear turns to clothes.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    If carrying weapons in public is legal, why the face masks to hide their identity?
    Wearing of a mask or attempting to hide your identity is illegal in Virginia, except for exemptions like traditional holiday costumes. I.e.. Halloween, mardi gras etc. I don't think "Lobby Day" meets the statutes exemption clause.
    Skip

it’s all cosplay

Ha, there was one arrest. It was a young lady charged with a felony for ....... wearing a mask. She had been warned twice by the police officer not to hide her face.

Local news interviewed one dumbass who said he didn't go on to Capitol square because he felt safer not being around unarmed people. Can't make this stuff up!
    Skip

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Fart!

Ralph Northam's record of public service speaks for it's self. If you want to judge a man for his actions at a drunken frat party 40 years ago. ....go for it
    Yeah, just ask this guy...

screen-capture-3.jpg
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Take their mask off and they run to hide under the rocks they came out from!...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    OK... so it's Lobby Day. How many of these yahoos know that? They came for the hate. They thrive on it.
    To be clear, everything I've found indicates that "Lobby Day" was created by the Virginia Citizens Defense League, and it always occurs on MLK Day. So it's no accident. Nor has it been a problem.

Hey Brian,

Oh, never mind.
    Skip

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    Take their mask off and they run to hide under the rocks they came out from!...
    Much like ANTIFA.

But, while some did...

screen-capture-5.jpg

screen-capture-7.jpg

It looks the vast majority didn't...

screen-capture-6.jpg

screen-capture-8.jpg

These guys did, wonder if they'd run if their masks were removed?

screen-capture-9.jpg

So why do the police - I assume who are there to ensure a peaceful and law-abiding rally - wear facemasks? It doesn't look cold enough to risk frostbite. Could it be for the intimidation factor? Please explain why the good guys need to look like a hit team...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Please, those are the Virginia State police not storm troopers! Don't be hyperbolic!

They were ordered there to maintain the peace nothing more.
    Skip

So why do the police - I assume who are there to ensure a peaceful and law-abiding rally - wear facemasks? It doesn't look cold enough to risk frostbite. Could it be for the intimidation factor? Please explain why the good guys need to look like a hit team...
    I'm thinking it's social media. Criminals wear masks because they don't want to be identified while committing a crime. Peaceful protestors and LE wear masks because they don't want extremist tracking them down and harming them or their families.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Will not comply if there is a duly passed law? Will not comply if that law, once inevitably taken to the Supreme Court, is determined to be Constitutional?

Fine. Will they willingly allow themselves to be arrested, tried, and jailed for their issue of conscience, in the same way that (hey, it's MLK day!) civil rights activists did? That peace activists did? That environmental activists do today? Because being a "prisoner of conscience" is a moral victory?

No?

OK. So when does this become "sedition"?
    one word - Malheur..

Non-threatening LEO's...

screen-capture-11.jpg

No masks...

(Camo alert!)

screen-capture-12.jpg