Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Building a cape henry 21 gaff cutter.

Default Re: Building a cape henry 21 gaff cutter.

hi, some weeks since last post. i keep working on the boat, our covid restriction are worse then ever now even with 5 millions vaccined already...and the work at the hospital in my area, orthopedist is less then normally so will be more time for the boat...nice.

with some friend took a week off to do some exploration and climbing in one of the remote aysen fiords to accent the maca volcano, the weather and the cold forest didnt cooperate but was a nice trip and good to use the legs for some time. hope to came back next spring..,.

DJI_0309.jpg

this was our goal. too far away for the 6 days round trip. next time with more time will be better but at least we opened a 1000 meters up trail on the forest for the next attempt.

DJI_0320.jpg

this was our isolated fiord, fiordo vera, 4 hours by speed boat from puerto cisnes, aysen. and the forest is something amazing full of life but hard to walk.

on the boat now i am working on both sides , the cockpit and the front triangle where i wish to make some different desing and set up some hatch to store the anker and ropes...still thinking about that but the bowsprit is in the middle....

and also working on my cockpit, did finish the 2 large store compartment and lids, and also the false floor with some large wooden hatch too. and the sides and the transson desing....

20210228_161638.jpg

the 2 large storage compartment, with some lateral channels to keep water out, also can see the false floor with this hatche. this false floor will be glued on site but not too strong so to be able some day to remove complete and do some work on it if is needed. some pipes will delivery the water to the engine well.

20210320_121255.jpg

and the cockpit lateral walls will be raised on the front, to seat on it and then thin to one simple wall on the rear and also some kind of deck will be on top of the transome ....

let see how look after....

Looking great Pablo! ANd I envy you your opportunity and ability g=to get out into the mountains My knees are too far gone for that kind of hiking anymore.

Oh man, I miss the mountains.
    I got a new ice axe 2 years ago for my birthday and still had no way to use it.
    Good to see your progress on the boat Pablo.
    Cheers Max

Nice progress Pablo.
    I also changed the foredeck to make an enclosed anchor hatch, it works well and I keep the anchor on an anchor roller on the bow.
    Great photos of the mountains. We are lucky here, our geographic isolation has kept the pandemic away and except for travel our lives are almost normal. I can go sailing almost every week
    Best Ron